Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Travis and Chris - The Blind Leading The Blind

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - Do Not Disturb' started by PepperAnn, Sep 6, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The thing that bugged me the most about Travis this episode was how much he has NOT adapted to this new world. He still treats people as he would have treated them in Pre-ZA. Yeah, he is wary of the sincerity of strangers, as he especially should be with the Spring Breakers, but this is the ZA. People like this will likely kill you on the spot if THEY are wary of YOU. We as viewers know this is absolutely what they will do since we know they killed the store owners, but if you DON'T know for sure.....shouldn't you err on the side of caution and NOT look so glum and skeptical and certainly not be HONEST when it's commented that you don't look so happy?

Is he trying to get Chris or himself killed? He's in a bit of a pickle at the moment, having to go along with these punks.....maybe find a different approach that doesn't paint such a glaring target on you ASAP.

Travis has chosen to go off with Chris to lead him back into the world of the sane... but it's more like they are both feeling their way in a darkened cave with no idea where they are or how they got there and certainly no idea where the exit is. It's like watching dumb and dumber.

#1 PepperAnn, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Chris is being built up to be a major villain, while they are pretty much saying Travis will die. He is weak, and not able to survive this world.

3. PepperAnn

I will be happy then, if Travis dies horribly and Chris keeps growing into his big boy britches and really becomes a formidable villain in the future. I would love for him to run into the rest of the crew....alone....and much more equipped to be a villain than just having a weapon and a very happy trigger finger.

As I have said before, I love this concept! I just don't love Chris. lol

4. Taeyeon'sBF

I love travis, but he needs to go. He is the Dale of the group.

5. PepperAnn

*side note*
    I really find myself just staring at your avi. It's mesmerizing to me. lol

6. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon is mesmerizing period. LOL
    [​IMG]

Couldn't help myself.

7. Znuts

Znuts Member

Travis is all over the place. He really should be a little more adjusted to this new world, but he said it on this episode that he thinks there is somebody, somewhere working on getting civilization back together. Until he realizes that civilization is gone, he will be a danger to himself and anyone he's trying to protect. Travis has been through a lot so far and maybe seeing his son murder that guy will give him the wake up he needs. I've already said that I have never liked Chris's character, so he can run off with his new gang as far as i'm concerned.

8. Taeyeon'sBF

Travis could be a valuable asset in the ZA. But with chris anchored to him, he is useless.

9. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I had high hopes for Travis at the end of season 1, but I really don't think he's cut out for this world. He's still in denial of how much things have changed. He wanted to stay on that farm and hole up there? We saw how easily they all saw it from the road. They immediately though "ooh a farm, let's check it out". The very same thought would occur to most people driving by there.

I think Travis is either going to die, giving us the first main character death (aside from Chris's mom, but nobody really cared about her anyway), or Chris is just going to end up leaving Travis behind, thus forcing Travis to wander on his own and find his way back to Madison and the others. He'll presumably find the note that they left for him in the sand.

10. PepperAnn

As much as they are playing up Chris' decent into....whatever.....lol......I REALLY hope he ends up being Madison and Co's direct enemy sometime in the future. I think that has so much potential.

11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Chris and his new "bros" are babes in the woods -- premie-babes-in-the-woods -- compared to the cartel and lesser cartel gangs we've seen so far. These young gang-banger wanna-be's are going to be puppy-chow for the gangs of this "new world" in Mexico and elsewhere that we've seen so far. Big TOUgH dudes -- hell, they killed an old man and old lady who owned a small village taqueria and who probably weren't even armed. They think they are tough dudes because they just killed an old man for a bunch of chickens and well water they're afraid to drink. CLUELESS.

Travis, for all his moralizing, has some real survival skills -- skills that neither Chris nor his new "bros" don't have. He can jump start a car. He is quite a mechanic that he could dig a zombie out of the intake of a boat and still get the boat started again --under pressure at that. Travis' willingness to dive into the Pacific Ocean on a moonless night in bloody water to pull a zombie out of the intake of the boat really changed my attitude toward him. That showed that he has a really big pair when the chips are down. Not to mention --back at the beginning, Travis went to investigated the heroin den when everyone else wanted to write Nick off as delusional he stuck with Nick -- telling him not to tell anyone about this.

Travis cared enough about his punk-a$$-thinks-tough-guy-wanna-be, belligerent son Chris, to walk away from everyone else to try to save Chris. Yeah, maybe Travis wants to hang on to some basic values of right & wrong; maybe he's naïve in thinking the world will come back; maybe he'll die because he won't kill indiscriminately. But do you really think that punk-ass Chris & his new buds are somebody worth hanging out with or that they are going to survive for very long when they meet up with the real bad guys that are out there?

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I think at the end of this episode after Chris shot that man, Travis probably realized what a lost cause Chris is and that he might have to make the hardest decision of his life and put him down so he can reunite with Madison and the others.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I think this is a side effect of the show having zero idea what kind of direction it wants to take. Like, Travis believing that there's still a chance for help to come would work if the show had not dropped its initial concept of showing the downfall of society after the first 3 episodes and decided to pointlessly fast track us to a timeline that more closely resembles the original show. You can't chop and change like that and still retain ideas that only fit the original premise of the series.

As far as I'm concerned, Travis and Chris are just dead weight and need to die horribly and immediately. Travis as a morally grounded, 'straight man' type is so incredibly dull and Chris is played by an actor who is far more irritating to watch than he is engaging or interesting. The two of them holding a storyline together is less intriguing than watching paint dry. It's Rick-And-Shane-Lite, only with far less skilled actors and god awful writing.

14. NotDeanna

NotDeanna New Member

I agree with all of this. Travis is demonstrating the same morality vs survival struggle that we've seen throughout TWD. I don't think they will kill him off in this season. Of the 3 kids, it's interesting that Alicia is the one who's developing some survival skills and is the most focused and practical while Nick and Chris have flaked out in different ways. TBH, I feel the same way about Nick and Chris that I did about Ron and Sam....they're massively irritating and just kill them off already.

15. BlackLightning

But could you blame him for believing that it's only a matter of time before things go back to normal? How long has it been? Six to eight weeks at the most?

Someone will be getting civilization back together. The original Walking Dead show will have that accomplished by season 8. But again, that will be season 8, three years into the future in this world.

But I definitely agree with you on one thing: Travis is all over the place.

On Monday, he's hardcore "I choose survival." On Tuesday, he's bemoaning the things that they have to do to survive. On Wednesday, he's not trying to do any hardcore survival things and wants to keep peace like he did in the old world. And on Thursday, his soft peacekeeping ways backfire and he loses his temper. On Friday, he's trying to forget the lesson he just learned. And on Saturday, he's like "You know we should go find a farm. For survival"

16. BlackLightning

Either Chris and the Lochte 3 will fall at the hands of the matones (Mexican Spanish for thugs), kill each other or they'll adapt and become a truly terrifying.

To be honest, I understand a lot of what Chris is going through. When we first met him, he was fairly political and hot-tempered. His mother's death and the circumstances surrounding it and after her death have sent him spiraling out of control.

Knowing Travis, he will do nothing conclusive about Chris for the rest of this season. Chris killing the guy will probably force Travis to realize exactly what he's dealing with and start toughening up. But I see Travis and Chris going their separate ways by the end of the season.

17. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I see Chris killing his own father tbh, and as a result of the Lochte 3 convincing him his father is weak and slowing them down because of his bad feet.

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Just remember, one of the trio, was shot in the leg, by the rancher.
    My guess, he will die and attack stooge #2, and Brandon (is that his name? ), and Chris will have a stand off, about what to do with Travis.
    Chris will choose his dad, and shoot stooge #1.

19. PepperAnn

WELL SAID. YES!!!

[​IMG]

20. PepperAnn

Judging by the way Travis has "handled" things so far, all I see happening now that Travis has seen first hand how quick Chris is to kill......is maybe a lot of scared confused looks on Travis' face to Chris. All he seems to be doing so far anyway is babysitting him and going along with whatever Chris wants to do. Maybe a little objection here or there, but Travis is coming across a bit soft and scared of Chris more than anything.

How is that helping?