Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Treated Rite...

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by STRINGS, Dec 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I mentioned this to another poster in a semi-private conversation in another thread, but check this out (it's kinda like how Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album lines up w/Wizard of OZ). Take this scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL4slORJqcA&feature=related and then play this music @ the same time (DON'T START the TWD clip UNTIL the You-Tube music actually starts cuz there is :09 seconds of lead-in time on the You-Tube music clip)!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C959v_3SSKo

...freeky eh!??!!!:Chainsaw:

Remember!!! Don't Start the TWD scene UNTIL the YOU-TUBE music actually starts @ :09 seconds on the digital counter!!! Also, you might want to turn down the volume of TWD clip so the music is more upfront!!! Enjoy!!!

#1 STRINGS, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. Mark O.

Mark O. Member

I like it!

3. STRINGS

Yeah, I believe the song fits perfect for a season finale and with all that is on the line for all the characters in the show! Plus Terry Reid is the man!! Zombies N Reid = Perfection!!! :shining::shining::shining:

4. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

That was pretty awesome.

Good job on this because it does fit perfectly.

#4 EternalWreckage, Dec 13, 2011
  5. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

Won't work for me so just have to take your word for it! What I liked about the original is that you can still hear Carol making it a lot more emotional (I've seen other clips where it drowns her out so IMO spoils it).

6. STRINGS

Yeah, if peeps follow "my instructions" (start the TWD clip when the :09 of lead-in time of the You-Tube clip has elapsed), even the lyrics match up with the action! I found it amazing how the the 2 zombies fell in unison @ the exact second of what was going on in the tune! Also notable lyric/scene highlights are: 1) the beginning of the massacre with Glenn and Maggie while "...we are what we are when in danger..." is sung, 2) Daryl shooting Hershel's wife w/the shotgun while " You can stare your fate right into his hand", 3) when Shane blasts the deek in the head that Rick is holding ("head in hand"), 4) the bridge section build up of the tune when Dale shows up, 5) Sophie's appearance as another bridge section starts ",Things just stay the same, As they've always been, Some of us are out to win And some of us are out just to wane, Just out to maim"

6) "...will be treated right" lyrics as the tension builds as Sophie approaches Rick, and 7) how the lyrics "Cold, cold..." were sung when Rick is pointing the barrel straight up @ Sophie! :hatchet:

Bottom line, best way to treat peeps that turned is "Treat them Rite" and mercifully plug 'em!!!

#6 STRINGS, Dec 13, 2011
  7. STRINGS

You should get it to work, because it makes the scene 1,000% more moving!!!:shining:

8. RicksGal44

RicksGal44 Member

pretty cool

9. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

The Terry Reid clip doesn't work in the UK 'This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country' - often the case unfortunately, for example I always have to wait for the AMC clips to be posted on youtube or spoiler sites. Once I've taken the sproglets to school I will have a look and see if I can find another clip that does work.

10. STRINGS

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQj-OgDud18&feature=youtu.be (it's an actual video I put together, just in case peeps had difficulties getting things sorted out) :shining:

11. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

nice work, pretty good :)

12. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Wow. Just... wow.

The video you posted has been removed due to a copyright claim, but I have this episode in .avi on my computer and I just lined it up with 4:42 left to go (noticed that was the length of the deleted clip) and played the Terry Reid and let it roll. I got serious chills.

The two best parts, which you actually didn't mention in your "highlights" above:

"Your dreams are just an island in the sand" as it shows the walkers in a pile in the dirt just outside the barn, then the shot cuts the Herschel.

The ABSOLUTE BEST part:

"May the mission bell still ring of the colourful dreams" as Rick starts to walk forward...
    "in the faith that everyone will be treated right" as he draws his gun, points it at Sophia...
    "On a cold, cold, cold night" as he fires...

Well done, sir.

13. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

Yeah it sucks that it got removed. I'd actually like to see it again because I remember really enjoying it.

Those parts you pointed out are pretty amazing.

14. STRINGS

I also like how the lyrics "You can stare your fate right into his hand--into his hand" as Daryl shoots Hershel's wife in the face. And you're right about the final scene where Rick aims down his revolver @ Sophia...and the barrel comes into focus right at the same time as "cold, cold night" lyrics play. It was the keeper for me anyways! So much of the tune & lyrics line up so well, it really fits like a glove...thanks for taking the time to check it out. :shining:

#14 STRINGS, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  15. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

I don't know if the producers read any of the forums, but I would LOVE to see them use that song as an outro to an episode.

16. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

nice, fits well

17. STRINGS

I'd bet $$$ on it....wouldn't be that surprised if some of the forum posters ideas appear on the show!! :shining: