Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ts-19

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by Walker Shane, Aug 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

So I just finished watching this episode again and by far it's the most symbolistic episode yet. Jenner tells Rick there is no way out of the CDC once the doors close and about how there's no hope for them and the day will come when he won't be thankful that Jenner opened the door. Yet, ricks group manages to break out of the CDC surprising Jenner and Jacqui. Could this symbolize that Jenner was wrong the whole time about not being hope. I think that eventually they will find a cure despite the odds and this being a tragic show. What do you guys think?

2. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Hmmmm....I don't think they will ever find a cure and I don't know if I really want them too. Think about it, if they find a cure the show would be over. Or maybe not....maybe it could then it could focus in them rebuilding society and trying to het their lives back in order. One thing for sure though, it wouldn't be a "zombie" show anymore, lol.

3. Felidae

Felidae Member

They might find a cure, some day.. IF they had resources, knowledge etc. Resources are getting lower by the day, knowledge as well because all the people that knew about these things are dying out as well. And if you're fighting for survival, I don't think you care much about passing that knowledge on.

There might be a hidden lab somewhere secure like an island, mind you.. if it's there and they are still going they might find a cure. But right now they don't even know if it's a virus, bacteria or something entirely different. Honestly, don't know how they don't know that much even, all the research they've been doing.. ah well.

But will be loooooooooong years before they find a cure, and when the time comes, it'll be ok, cause even when the show's over then, it'll be enough. Ten seasons or something for a show is just fine, enough is enough sometimes. ;)

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

As for Jenner saying they couldn't get out and they eventually did - I don't think there was any underlying meaning to it. It was just a device to build suspense.

As for a "cure" - No way....never gonna happen. We'll never know why the dead began to rise and there's no such thing as a "cure". Kirkman has said so many times.

Although, i'm still baffled as to how Kirkman let the whole "we're all infected" thing slip through. That totally goes against his own rules and I feel like it's gone a step further to convince non-comic fans that this is a virus series like 28 Days Later, which it IS NOT. I guess it was just down to poor writing or failing to find a better way to explain to the audience that everyone will rise after death. Rick should have said "whatever it is.....we'll all become a walker after we die", thus avoiding the connections to any sort of virus. Kirkman dropped the ball on that one...

5. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

No cure, no tight and neat lil packages here. It's a brave new world and man is no longer at the top of the food chain. Survivors will simply need to outlast the zombie nation in a war of attrition. In the immortal words of McDermott "I'll continue doing my best in the good fight against dryrot and rust".

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. There is no cure because there is no virus! Whatever causes zombies is unknown. 28 DAYS LATER WASN"T A ZOMBIE FILM! And TWD doesn't follow mutation caused by a virus like RESIDENT EVIL. TWD follows Romero's rule. Unknown. No cure.

7. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

It would still be a zombie show for sure! There are still plenty of dead to go around, especially if the ratio is truly 5000:1. Other than that, I doubt they will stray from the arc of the story THAT much. Amen for good old zombie shows!

8. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

At first it seemed plausible that the ZA would be over once every last zombie was eliminated and a remnant of people survived. However, the revelation that all those who die reanimate as zombies precludes that possibility as the ZA will be perpetuated. The only way it could truly be 'over' is if every zombie and human was eliminated.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

There might be something somewhere. Some hidden lab. I don't know... doing the same thing as Jenner. But unfortunately it's hard to say that they will find a cure. Anyway I don't get the part where Jenner said something about a research in France. Anyone knows?

10. Machete

Machete Active Member

I think they had him mention France as a way of letting the audience know that this was a worldwide thing. I don't think we will ever see a "cure".

11. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I watched the movie Dawn of the Dead the other day - from 2009, I think

Same plot - people stranded somewhere, world goes to shit, they quickly learn the only way to kill is a shot to the head, a scratch or bite kills and re-animates the victim.

My two cents - I predict that

This is the movie with Phil from Modern Family - it was weird to see him as such a jerk in the movie.

The end of Dawn of the Dead is

I LOVE TWD, and have said before in other threads that I'd rather see it go out on top rather than sink in the ratings and nobody cares that it gets 86ed. Andrew Lincoln is under contract for 6 seasons. Maybe 6 should be it.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

while that is the worst remake i've ever watched the point still does stand. there is no cure. and there never will be.

13. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I thought that too. And I agree with you about the cure. The "cure" for everything would be to find a "heaven" place without walkers, ideal for life. To start a new civilization somewhere, but still surviving from walkers... Just my opinion.

14. NameTaker

NameTaker Member

I feel like a cure wouldn't help people who were already walkers, they're already dead. I think a vaccine would be more realistic, but that doesn't stop the walkers from attacking you and killing you manually.

15. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

There may be hope, but that's a very slim hope. In TWD, walkers outnumber humans 400 to 1. There's just too many of them. They might able to find a cure for walker bites and a cure to prevent people from turning after death... but unless they find a spell to bring the dead back to life, the ones who are already walkers will need to be killed. I don't see every walker in the world being eradicated. Like I said, too many of them.

The chances of a cure being found are next to impossible. There is nothing left. The people smart enough to be able to do something are either walkers, abandoned hope, or opted out, as Jenner said. Even he lost all hope, and he'd been trying, living underground, examining walker flesh. After the TS-19 samples went up in flames, that was the end.

16. apiratesaysarrr

I also believe that it was to illustrate that basically there is no safe place in the world for them to go. Most people in all places are now zombies.

No hope. I see this as a very sad series and there's not going to be a happy ending at all.

No, they should have stayed at the CDC. I mean, if this were real life, not on the show because I want to watch it. But I'd personally be like Jaqui and Jenner and Andrea. I wouldn't fight for it.

You can argue all you want that they shouldn't have stayed, but I won't buy it. I don't understand what the point is to living life just to witness one atrocity after another. Just to suffer incredible losses the entire way. No. I don't get why anyone would try and survive. Fear of death, maybe?

Anyhoo, I think Jenner was right. No hope. No happy ending. It's early, I'm tired, and I ramble. If anyone pays attention, I know I'm going to get shit for the suicide comment because I do in real life all the time. He he.

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

^ Hope is a very powerful thing.

18. apiratesaysarrr

It is, yes it is. I think everyone knows that first hand. Given that particular situation, there would be NONE and no chance of ever having any. Hope would get you killed. Hope would make you witness shit you never wanted to see. Hope would be a negative thing. Just in that scenario. Like, that EXACT scenario. Flesh eating zombies all over the place, outnumber your ass 5000-1, was it? Something crazy like that. Nope. No hope. It's officially over at that point.

19. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

Maybe it is over, but I'm not going out without a fight. If I go down, I'm taking as many walkers as I can with me.

20. apiratesaysarrr

We did discuss that, in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse that I would basically be T-Dog for the group (this was before he died on the show, oddly enough). Boyfriend pointed out that if I was suicidal in that case anyway, might as well be of some use in a no-way-out scenario for the rest of them. I would probably be too effing selfish to make it that far though. Ha ha.