Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ts-19

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by Walker Shane, Aug 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Although they're both now starting to fall apart, The Prison and Woodbury were essentially salvation, were they not? There's always hope to rebuild. That's what Rick is going for. We're going to see much more of that.

2. apiratesaysarrr

I know how it worked in the comics, and I agree that they'll rebuild when it comes down to it. I understand why some people would try to work through it, but if you really think of the chance of actual happiness and things like that, it seems like life will always be riddled with struggles. Constant struggles. I feel the need to contradict myself here, for just a moment. Because I can think of people with severe mental illnesses that just keep going. And I think I personally could deal with that. I mean, so you get depressed over and over and over again. Say it's chronic. What's the point then? Life pretty much sucks most of the time, but there are good moments worth trying to work through it. However, you can't medicate zombies away. You can't work through them in therapy to lessen the severity or frequency of them. And everyone's existence is unpredictable. I can see that a lot of people would try to make it through. . . but to what? IS IT WORTH IT? That's what it comes down to.

And I'm glad the people in the show think that it is, because football season is over and I need something to do on Sundays and this is a great way to entertain myself. Heh.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, as we're starting to see now, the zombies won't always be the biggest problem. That can easily be corrected by a proper stronghold. After that, the main threat is other people. Which is something humans have dealt with from the beginning and continue to deal with.

You could have some guys kick in your front door to rob/rape/kill you at any moment, but that doesn't cause you to consider suicide, does it?

4. apiratesaysarrr

I think that the chances of me dying in a zombie apocalypse (if it were real) are FAR higher than the chance that someone will break into my house and slaughter my family. I'll take a chance on that one.

The people are the threat and the zombies are the threat. The zombies are more of a threat when you're moving from place to place, then once you get settled somewhere, there probably will be someone looking to mess your stuff up, yeah. Then you're on the road again, with the freaking zombies.

I just think that it would be HIGHLY difficult to get to the point where you're secure somewhere for a significant amount of time. If I lived on a farm like Herschel's, I probably would wait it out longer than living in the city which is obviously more densely populated and then you know, more zombies.

But getting to the point where you finally feel safe. . . would that happen? Safe from humans, safe from zombies, whatever.

And in the instance of a zombie apocalypse, people are going to be way more effed up than they already are. Complete chaos.

eh, not worth it. Not for me. I'm different from everyone else. I personally couldn't handle it. If other people could, that's awesome. I couldn't do it. So I wouldn't.