Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TTD and the Xs

Discussion in 'Episode 909 - Adaptation' started by Camilleyun, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

on TTD Norman said the xs on Daryl's and Michonne's back go back to something just he and Michonne experienced and it's really, really dark. Assuming it goes back to a search for Ricks body but can't even guess a scenario beyond that. Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Has me completely stumped.

I was somewhat curious prior to last night's Talking Dead

Now I am chomping at the bit!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Camilleyun

I am super curious about what happened between Michonne & the communities and just figured the x's had something to do with that. After NR's comments, I feel more like they are unrelated or not really relevant to whatever caused the rift.

Makes sense that Michonne and Daryl would search for Rick. Others mentioned before that the x's are in the same location as Rick's wound but not even I can come up with wacky theory, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

What aggravates me is that every time the group suffers, Daryl is thrown into it.

We get it already, Gimple: You hate Daryl. Leave him alone for God's sake. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Feels like it's more of a Michonne thing and Daryl just had her back.

Norman also said that there is a line you don't cross in their world and they (Michonne and Daryl) crossed it.

So whatever it was it's going to be pretty big. Based on the reaction from people at Hilltop, it seems that even though both Michonne and Daryl were involved in whatever this event was, they don't hold the same feelings towards Daryl as they do Michonne.

I'm starting to think that the biggest point between the Michonne and the Hilltop/Kingdom is her refusal to be partners. Basically she was the one looking to unite the communities, along with Rick, by creating laws they would all agree to. Something happened, and now she refuses to work with the other communities. Choosing to stay within their own areas and take care of their own communities rather than work together with the other communities. Aaron said as much after the encounter with the Whisperers.

I'm thinking that someone was taken in by Alexandria, they turned on them and attacked them, so Michonne and Daryl went too far in seeking revenge. I really think it involves the Saviors that Carol killed. Something had to have happen to allow DJ and Laura to become trusted members of Alexandria while the other Saviors were left to their own devices.

It might have to do with Oceanside.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'm just glad they finally verbally referred to the event on the show. Though it was just between Michonne and Daryl. I wonder how many of the others know about what happened. And if any of them had to get involved and save Michonne and Daryl.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Until TTD I figured it was something that happened to the communities as a whole, but apparently its kind of a secret and most people don't even know what happened. I'm guessing it has something to do with a new group we've never met before. If it was outsiders, it would be logical that Michonne now has no trust for outsiders.

Maybe they let a small group in, who ended up having an ulterior motive, like robbery, and when Daryl and Michonne went to chase after them, they discovered the hard way that they were part of a bigger group. Did Daryl and Michonne go through a milder torture experience, a remix of what the Governor did to Michonne in the comics?

That would certainly meet the criteria for "dark".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ohhh the torture Michonne received in the comic is dark like deepest parts of the ocean where even the scary fish with the dangly light in front of its fish face dares not tread
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Camilleyun

I had forgotten NR's comment about "crossing a line" that @Sebrebc pointed out. Trying to imagine what that might be at this point in the ZA world...executing a child..executing someone who's surrendered..torture? It sounds more like something they did rather than something that was done to them.
    Ran across an article this morning that says Episode titles and synopses for the rest of the season have been leaked and at least partially verified. It appears one of those episodes will give us the answer.. I am excited to be this excited over the show again!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The people who jumped ship in seasons 7 and 8 are missing out on one helluva ride

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Got a link handy? :D

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am about to post the link in the spoiler section

• Like Like x 1
  13. Camilleyun

Thanks Dnae! @DragonRacer ... I figured it would count as a spoiler so that's why I didn't include a link, but I saw the article on Yahoo. Looks good!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Really dark would be if they were forced to brand each other. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Wow, yeah.

I think Oceanside plays into this in some way. Possibly even Dwight, to bring him in for a couple of guest spots.

Like others, I don't even have a guess at what could have happened. I like that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Oceanside is involved in some way, I also wonder if those Saviors Carol burned aren't also involved. I still think Carol and Jed had another run-in during the jump. When Jed commented that Carol spared him back in the day, I don't think he's referring to the time with Rick and DJ in the woods. I think something else happened.

The fact that we haven't seen anybody from Oceanside since the time jump makes me suspicious. We've had 4 full episodes since the jump and no sign of Oceanside, only a passing mention about them from someone who would have been a kid during the war.

I think if this involves some group we never met, it wouldn't be all that dark or it wouldn't feel like they "crossed that line". Some group is welcomed into Alexandria, hurt Daryl and Michonne. Killing them wouldn't be crossing any lines and it wouldn't be all that dark of a secret. Everybody in Alexandria would know about it.

Now if it was Oceanside who harmed them and Michonne went hunting them and killing them, THAT would be dark.

Maybe Jed went after Oceanside and Michonne didn't get involved and let them fight it out. Or maybe Michonne wanted to stop Oceanside from keeping the fighting going and in her grief, killed them. I don't know, but I have a strong feeling Oceanside is involved, Michonne and Daryl did something to them, and the Saviors are involved.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sully

Sully Active Member

I have a theory that it's involved with the the movie story arcs, and we won't find out exactly what happened until we see that POV.

Maybe Rick told them about Alexandria thinking they could be trusted, and the people that hurt Daryl/Michonne were from there in some capacity? Would be strange though for them to do all this and not mention Rick though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1