Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TV Guide article for 2-11

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Pablo & Jessica' started by Sharpie61, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think that many of us have voiced our own thoughts on how this show is a bit more dialogue driven than the mother ship show (in its current iteration). But also note that right now in season 2 of FTWD we have far fewer characters so sharing screen time is not as difficult a task to maneuver. Season 2 of TWD was filled with episodes of dialogue and very little action (as in the type of action we saw in the following seasons). Again, the cast (those with actual story arcs) roster was not as heavy. Many people complain that the cast of TWD has become too inflated but I see it differently. Isn't the basis of the show to give us a glimpse into what happens after the outbreak? How people survive? How society is replenished and rebuilt? Cannot replenish and rebuild without adding people, without developing communities, without forming new friendships, bonds with others. In time FTWD will have a larger cast. Madison wants to secure the hotel, make it a home. And she did state a fact, that others will come to the hotel. Not all will be out to take it from them. Many will be looking for a safe haven, a place to call home for a bit. The prison all over again until someone with a tank (either literally or figuratively) rolls up to the gates and demands it for themselves.

I liked that this article shed a positive light on the show and chose to expound on its qualities. While it is not realistic for one show to be completely taken to task on its own with each and every review I do wish that these reviewers had the ability to develop their reviews and critiques without relying so heavily on comparison of the two shows. Example: Comparing the two shows rendition of the Pied Piper: a few hundred infected being led down a pier of "x" number of feet with railing in tact to contain them until the drop off point is in no way comparable to leading several thousand walkers miles and miles down open road with the threat of distraction ever looming. Apples and oranges reviewer, apples and oranges.