Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TWD Has a Bad Taste in Music

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Country, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Paul Nathan

Paul Nathan Member

I think the music fits perfectly with whats going on at the time..

2. rustybag

rustybag Member

Yay! Thanks for the date, can't wait! I did not realize Jeffery DeMunn was in it too. Seeing Laurie Holden again would be fantastic, she really blew me away in Walking Dead (as did most of the other first season cast)

3. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

With Hold On, two other song was perfectly placed by the editors in my opinion. One in Tell it to the frogs at the end of the episode when Daryl, Rick, Glenn and T-Dog found Merle's hand instead of Merle himself in that rooftop with Shane beating Ed down. Norman's acting was really great in that scene and the music made it even more intense. Kinda ironic that the song's name is the Hand. The other one is in 3x16 the Reconciliation song just after the gunshot sound after Andrea shot herself and the sun rising over the prison with Rick and the Woodbury people arriving. Very heart breaking. These two were spot on.

4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I agree. I love Reconciliation. I wish AMC would just get off the pot already, and release a Bear compilation.

5. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I loved Andrea. She was so cool. Great style. I did not like her character too much in S3..but LH palyed it with great Charisma.. I love her acting style. The first 2 seasons she was awsome... Very weak of the show to kill her off..

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Totally loved reconciliation. I also thought on 3x16 the music was quite saddening when Andrea showed her bite. The little brass sound that played sounded really painful.

Also I liked a lot of the farm escape music in 2x13, when Daryl rescues Carol on the bike. Think its called "Transition in to despair". I liked the music build up as well where Lori and Carol are on the farm porch and talking about Carl. Love the music when Andrea hops out the car and tells Lori to get in as she starts popping rounds in to walkers too.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

For all I know, Bear McCreary is doing a fantastic work on the original score. OST is better than ever.

8. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I honestly think TWD has outstanding taste in music, never had a problem with it.

9. rustybag

rustybag Member

They do sometimes find the perfect song. There are many examples, but another one I liked was when they played Motörhead when Merle was in the car with the whiskey, attracting the walkers:

http://youtu.be/4S7uAjEUQv0

10. jxhide

jxhide Member

There have been some bad song choices throughout all seasons. Sometimes they just sound so out of place...

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

So far hold on is the onl msic that felt out of place for me. Only because it switched form Beth halfway through. If Beth had kept singing and then it stopped with the Andrea switch i;d be good.

12. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Idk why you think TWD has bad taste in music? But the music they have played throughout the seasons has been amazing. I think every song they played through an episode played well with the scene. Like Warm Shadows,just thought It played perfectly with the scene. And the one in internment was amazing. Only one that did bother me was "Hold on" when It showed Andrea thinking of killing the gov. I thought It was just a lil odd with scene.
    Some off the songs they played I ended up downloading to my iPod. Like Serpents and Warm Shadows.

13. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Yes that was very sad too.

14. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

My favorite song choices were

Space Junk by Wang Chung in Season 1 Episode 1 Days Gone Bye
    Civilian by Wye Oak in Season 2 Episode 10 18 Miles Out
    Warm Shadow by Fink in Season 3 Episode 13 Arrow on the Doorpost
    Last Pale in the West by Ben Nichols in Season 4 Episode 6 Live Bait

For Bear McCreary,

The Hand in Season 1 Episode 3 Tell it to the Frogs
    Governor's Theme in Season 3 Episode 3 Walk with Me
    The Pulse in Season 3 Episode 7 When the Dead Come Knocking

Also, imagine if there was a flashback episode on T-Dog and had a rap song at the end? lol

15. Shaneski10

Shaneski10 Member

I bought 5 Twd songs so far, oats in the water is so good!

16. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

and lets spare a thought for the minimilism too, the use of space and silence in the walking dead is amazing too

17. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

I've liked a lot of the music so far. My favorite has to be Hold On by Tom Waits. Without Beth singing it, of course.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

That is the most powerful sound effect of them all..

19. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

indeed, its used perfectly, specially the start of series 3? where nobody utters a word for the first 7 minutes or so

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

That 7 min silent start of S3 was the best sequence of the show so far (IMO) . It was very powerful. Anyone can overpower a scene with blasting music, but it takes real talent to put a scene like that together...