Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TWD Rick Grimes Movies Filming Updates Discussion

Discussion in 'TWD Rick Grimes Movies Discussion' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

lol, casting comes after the writing phase is over. The writing phase is concluding. Details like casting will come next. There has been no unusual stretch of silence. You have yourself so set against these movies that you are clouding your judgment about this. Things seem to be on course. Movie el happeno, Amigo ;)

2. Neuropyramidal

For the record, I don't think that was a real language at the end.

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I believe that bit about the writing phase concluding came out quite a while ago. And in anycase that still doesn't mean anything as scripts are written all the time for movies that never happen.

4. Neuropyramidal

The bit about them being in the writing phase came out September 24th. Less than 3 weeks ago. And this particular script has already been picked up by a production company. Movie ello happeneng.

#24 Neuropyramidal, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  5. lastcat3

Are you sure it was only three weeks ago as I have heard wind of being in the writing phase a lot further back then that. A lot of times these internet sites tend to repeat already existing news.

6. Neuropyramidal

I'm admiring the effort you are putting in at trying to make these movies not happen. :). Brandon Davis asked Gimple on September 24th "where are you at in the movie?" and Gimple answered about how much fun he's been having siting in the writing room with Kirkman. They are either ending the writing phase, or it has fairly recently ended. Its already been picked up by Universal Studios. There's already been a comic con teaser, and the creators are talking about the movie with confidence, as a fact. You seem to really be anti-rickmovie, but its happinoso. Just don't accost me when I leave the theater after watching it to tell me I didn't really see it, and was just hallucinating, and what I had been eating was really packing popcorn :p :p.

I tease, but its happening. There is absolutely nothing other than stubbornness to say otherwise at this point.

7. lastcat3

Neuro that hardly is any kind of significant news you provided there and is pretty much just in line with what they have been saying about the movies for the past year. Infact Gimple seemed to try to evade the question a bit.

We will just have to agree to disagree. Right now there is little solid evidence the movies will happen nor is there solid evidence right now that the movies have officially been cancelled. It appears that of this point the movies are in a state of limbo. Not officially cancelled but at the same time they aren't moving forward with them currently.

8. Neuropyramidal

Other than the solid evidence that the creators are talking about the movie happening as fact, that is has already been picked up by the production company, Universal Pictures [after fighting a bidding war with multiple other studios for the rights to the movie], that there's been a comic-con teaser revealing the location, and that at NY Comic con it was stated just one week ago that we would hear more details about the movie soon, there is little evidence other than that, true :p

Yep, agree to disagree. As time goes along we will hear more details and production will start, and then we can discuss more.

#28 Neuropyramidal, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. Neuropyramidal

11. lastcat3

Lol, yeah Neuro at the rate they are going the movie won't arrive until just before S17.

Lol, maybe there might be a few hundred people still watching the show by then.

Just kidding. Anyways have you checked out the new book yet? If so has it restored your hope for TWD novels or is it crap as well? Haven't gotten it myself as there several other things I want to read first.

#31 lastcat3, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  12. Neuropyramidal

Actually the S17 filming season will probably prove to be very intriguing! By then they will have rediscovered the brothel. And the hot pocket. Probably combined as a 2 for one special.

As for the book, no its not on my radar yet. I'm in the middle of rereading The Stand for the second time in over 25 years, in preparation for the mini series, and I have one other book I want to read first before the TWD book. Its not Jay this time around, so I'll stay cautiously optimistic, like I am with most pickled eggs.

13. lastcat3

Ooh adding brothels might be a way to bring the viewers back. After all probably 15 percent of the game of thrones viewers were probably watching it for all the brothel scenes that were included.

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It is interesting. I didn't know they had backtracked from a trilogy to one movie and then "wait and see." I agree with the writer though that they'll need to do something a little different to hook a larger audience into going to the theater. The Rick captured by the helicopter group scenario doesn't really fit that sort of mold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

I hadn't looked into the movies in the last 2 or 3 weeks, to tonight I browsed to see if I could find anything new: So some hints of news....Andy has apparently been in LA hanging out with Greg N. the past few days. Pollyanna is in LA too. Ronnie Haze's twitter account stated that Andy actually visited the set, and I just checked Pollyanna's twitter account, and by coincidence she just made a video post less than an hour ago, stating that the movies are happening and she can't wait to get started.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OHHHHHHH this is exciting news!!!!

But Andy visited which set?

17. Neuropyramidal

I don't know. If its true, then I'm guessing one of the main sets for the movie. Maybe at the studio? He tagged a journalist who has been following TWD S10 and movies when he made the post, so I'm guess that is where he got his info.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmm so this could mean they are filming the movie in LA? For some reason that disappoints me.

19. Neuropyramidal

Could be just parts of it. Perhaps they want the exterior shots to be recognizably different from the terrain we are used to. Maybe the interiors will be at studio in Senoia.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have just been envisioning a cityscape OTHER than LA LOL. No palm trees, more of a skyscraper vibe. Something along the lines of downtown Chicago or NYC

I