Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Twice As Far Complaints and Criticism thread

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by HondaS2kXD, Mar 18, 2016.

1. PrettyZombie

PrettyZombie New Member

Ugh. I have to say, this episode was pretty much boring, up until the look-out-for-that-wayward-arrow, Denise part. I hate when they do that. I really love TWD but there are always so many things that never make sense. In the ZA, at this point in time, why would anyone not be at least familiarized with a weapon or two? Why would anyone (Carol!) go off by themselves into parts unknown when there's perfectly good housing and protection and food right where you are? Why would anyone (Eugene) insult the living hell out of someone who just saved your ass? Why would anyone (Daryl and Rosita) who are basically ZA warriors, agree to take out a newbie like Denise and not keep an eye on her at every minute (cooler? really Denise?) Why, why, why, the entire hour. I'm glad Daryl got his crossbow back, I really don't care that Denise died, and damn I love Abraham's dick line to Eugene! But sorry, I really don't see Carol leaving like that, as much as I don't see her turning from a badass into a wimpy woman (again.) Yeah, Ok, it wasn't a horrible episode. But I still call it a filler episode. Mostly useless. And I agree - no Rick... again? WTF?

2. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

They mostly showed her from the neck up or from behind I think.

3. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

bit of a so so episode
    Seriously bad continuity when Rosita, Daryl and Denise were in the pickup and its raining. Next minute they are in front of the felled tree and its miraculously dry, sunny and the windshield is free of rain water.
    Still too much mood music and gruff voices but low on good scripts.

4. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Its a pet peeve of mine when people are speaking perfect english but then drop into another language accent for just one foreign based word.

Her "Rrrowzeeta" is hilarious.

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

Stop talking loud outside of your safe zone people! enough with the loud talking. No one could get one shot at Dwight, ridiculous. Why is Rosita going down the train tracks on her own and why would Daryl let her after knowing all the crap that's out there?

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Another thing: OK, I understand they want to get the wounded Eugene back to the ASZ, but immediately after they do, why not have Daryl and Abraham gather up a half a dozen people and go back and track Dwight's crew? If they were on motorcycles too, there would be eight riderless bikes just sitting somewhere, and perhaps a supplied "safe house". If you find them, you can rid yourself of some more enemies.

If you can capture one or two of them alive, perhaps you can get the location of another community like the Hilltop, or maybe there are maps or who knows what?

7. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I don't know why Dwight didn't just torture information out of Eugene. He is soft and I can't imagine him holding out long. The way he acts and talks won't disguise this fact.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Really dumb people now, hell Rick even suggested this after the Terminus escape. Why is people suddenly so god damn stupid? They should now by now, 2 years or so into this shit that there is no mercy for crazy people like Negan, Dwight, Gareth...the list is long.

9. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I saw that as her holding onto as much attitude as she could. She wasn't saying a foreign word; she was saying her name. I actually liked it: she couldn't say "Eff off! or much of anything that she really wanted to say. So if she managed to tell this pasty-faced gringo her name with all the attitude she could in the accent probably used in her family, I'm all for it.

10. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

I almost never read this thread. But here my complaint: I thought that Dwights burn was a weak. It was clearly a wound but it did not have a shocking horrific sight that I was expecting. Negan took a hot iron and dragged it across his head. It's meant to be a horrific and off putting scarlet letter. Instead it was bad not a terrible burn.

11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get the attitude but still had to lol [MENTION=16502]QOTWD[/MENTION]'s post. I was watching House Hunters International one day and the family was looking for a home in Nicaragua. They're talking about what they hope to find and the husband talks plain 'ol American English until he says Nicaragua.Which he said often. Then he was suddenly a native. And Obama in his earlier years....Afghanistan...Pakistan...as if he was fluent in Pashtun or Urdu but only when saying the country's name. But yeah, at least Rosita's actually latina!

12. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

I could see the attitude angle, but she said it the same way on Talking Dead after the episode. Doesnt matter if its a foreign word or someones name. Its silly slipping in and out of an accent mid sentence.

13. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

Yet another episode that ignores everything that happened in the previous epidode. Where are the discussions about WTF they are getting caught up in and what they plan to do!?!? The writing on this show this season is absolutely diabolical. There is no communication. No leadership. No common sense. What happened to the close knit family that came together during seasons 1-5? We definitely haven't seen it this season. There's no continuation between episodes whatsoever. Characters don't seem to be affected by previous events. It's like they filmed each episode with a bunch of clones who had not been involved in the show or any previous episodes. So disappointing.

Getting back to this episode...

Why would they let their only medically trained person leave the relative safety of Alexandria. Like ever? Denise's excuse for going... she wanted to help point out which meds they needed. But when they get there she wanders off into another room and then sits outside while, I assume, Daryl and Rosita pick meds randomly off the shelf. There was no reason whatsoever for Denise to be there other than for a shock death scene at the end. Rick would not or should not have allowed her to leave.

Carol leaving during their biggest fight yet made no sense either. As if she would leave her people, her family, at this moment. When she knows what's coming. It feels like an excuse for her and Daryl (who will go after her) to get captured by the saviours and up the tension in the final. Will Carol or Daryl get their heads bashed in? Maybe they both will and they get to be together in the afterlife #Daryl&Carol4Eternity.

There's still so much I love about the show but so much this season that just makes me mad. Gimple needs to go next season.

14. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

Should have been more like Two-Face in The Dark Knight movie. That was scary!

15. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Yeah its been a few months at most since he was burned. Im no burn expert but that seems like a short amount of time for the scarring to go back to flesh color instead of like pink or red.

It looked ok severity wise i guess. Looked like his ear was gone.

#75 QOTWD, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  16. Steppin' Razor

I liked it too, thought it was really sexy. And people really do that, soooo...

17. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

When Donald Trump becomes President, he'll put a stop to all those funny furriner accents.

18. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Eye Papi.

19. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Of course she would say her name as it really sounds. Whenever I speak a foreign language, I never say my own name they way they pronounce it in that language, I say it the English way.

i think she did it on purpose to have attitude too, but its not odd to say her own name as it really sounds.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I love that show! It's fun to think of all the different places you could retire to. The Israel one was pretty scary. Every house, even an apartment, had to have a bomb proof safe room. Yikes.