Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Twin Peaks

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Some of you must have discovered the delightful world of green butt skunks and surreal creamed corn in Twin Peaks, Washington! Right @Jen7? Whose up for a weekly rewatch [or watch] if you are not equipped with the 're' yet.

How is your fall break and your TP binge watching coming along? ;).

2. Neuropyramidal

3. Neuropyramidal

4. Neuropyramidal

5. Neuropyramidal

Oh, I could be persuaded to tackle anything from one to three episodes per week! I'd probably do most of my watching on weekends. S1 has 8 episodes, S2 = 22 episodes, and S3 = 18. So its a total of 48 episodes to conquer.

@Jen7 @mistertrouble189 @PepperAnn @Jag @Sharpie61 @Dnae @tink @Sebrebc @H5N1, @what-ever-other-stink-is-interdasted.

6. Neuropyramidal

I will be in NYC for a wedding all next weekend. How about the weekend after? ;).

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I watched the original way back when, and lost interest by the 4th episode. I haven't seen the remakes

8. Neuropyramidal

oh, Sharpie, its time to take a regander through the fresh lens of 2017! ;)

9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I've added this to my list of shows to watch! I just finished The Good Place (great light hearted show on Netflix, only thirteen 23-min episodes so it's easy to watch). Now tackling Stranger Things S2.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I watched The Good Place too...I wanted something light to watch but i ended up really liking it!

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I was going to rewatch the original series prior the 2017 version airing but I didn't have the chance. Really want to see seasons 1 and 2 over again even more now. Looking to begin it around the holidays.

12. Neuropyramidal

Welcome aboard for the rewatch, starting next weekend ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stealth

I'll see what I can do. Might not be able to fully keep up with everyone but I can at least get started.

14. Neuropyramidal

the first two seasons [from 1990/91] are on Netflix. The third season you can watch by signing up for a free Showtime trial. :)

15. Neuropyramidal

Is that like Netflix but on a round TV?

Oh, if you look at Showtime's website, it looks like you can actually watch all 3 seasons on there with a free trial. It states that the free trial is only a week, but if you cancel it, they give you like an extra 2 weeks to change your mind. Plus, you can keep ordering new free trials with different credit cards.

16. Neuropyramidal

Twin Peaks has a panel on Saturday at 8 p.m. Many of the actors are there. One can keep ones fingers crossed for more hints at a possible S4.

17. Stealth

From what I've read my money is on them doing a Season 4, but it'll be a few years. I also don't think that closing scene is how Lynch will ultimately want to end the series. Showtime seems open to another season too, so all the pieces are there.

18. Neuropyramidal

I would very much like to believe this is true. I think both Showtime and Mark Frost are pretty open to it, but the real cog himself, Lynch [who is already 72] is less encouraging. The few comments he has made on the topic so far, while vague, have not been very encouraging. Recently when asked to speak about the possibility of an S4 he said "there's nothing to talk about". Of course, he also once called Twin Peaks "dead a doornail" after season 2.

However, the limiting factor at this point I think is his age. He described those 4 years during the making of S3 as pretty grueling. The question is, does he want to do that again until he is 76?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stealth

Good point on his age. I was encouraged though after last month he made a comment about how one story was "calling him." It's the alternate universe Laura that was unveiled in the finale.

Maybe if they presented a story within your more typical 10 episode cable season it'd be more doable for him and cut the time he spent on Season 3 almost in half. He might not like the confines though of so few episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Neuropyramidal

That's true, they can cut the episode count down. Also, he could be talking about different venues when he says the story was calling him. Perhaps another movie, or even another book, this time by Lynch instead of Frost. There are some options here. And BTW if you haven't read the Secret History books by frost I highly recommend them. They are but together as if they are dossiers, and well thought out. Definitely not quick cash grabs as per Bonansinga.

• Like Like x 1