Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

two minor things that really annoyed me

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Morgotha, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

1. Sasha separates from Bob who keeps walking quickly down the tracks trying to catch up to Maggie. Sasha proceeds in a different direction into this warehouse and presumably carefully clears it up to the top floor, then sees Maggie and helps her fight off some walkers, then goes upstairs, gets her stuff, and both of them go after Bob. Then Magically Maggie and Sasha catch up to Bob and aren't even running, etc. Seems to me that Bob would have been well away from them by that point, as he was trying to move quickly as well.

2. The whole funeral home as a trap thing: If must be a trap, as it seems *extremely* unlikely that some gang of thugs would come driving by just as Beth happened to be running out in the street at night, therefore it had to be a planned trap, stocked with food, etc. But if you were making a trap for people, why make it so likely to kill the people inside? Letting them eat your food (which you have to be running low on at some point) and then unleashing a herd of walkers on them? Why? If the people in the trap are too weak to kill your herd of walkers, you've wasted supplies and effort. If they are strong enough to kill them, they might be able to kill you. Do you really build a trap assuming one person will get out and be unarmed and/or unwilling to fight? How likely is that? And how many times a week do you check your trap to see if someone's there? You live far enough away so that Daryl can't easily find you after walking from night to day. We're 3 years into the ZA, how much gas do you have to keep checking on this? Isn't it MORE likely that someone would see you driving back and forth than it would be to catch someone in the funeral home? And who'd go in to a funeral home anyway *in a ZA* without good reason? Not me. I hope there's a good explanation, because the whole thing (to me) didn't make much sense.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

1. Bob wasn't running when it showed him first. He was walking so... The others wouldn't have run once they saw him if they were.
    2. Too much we don't know and I think it's clear we aren't supposed to know. Maybe it's a trap. Maybe it's just them stumbling upon them in his house. Or a lunatic who probably is just crazy anyway.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it was a hearse or another funeral type car that sped away. So i'm guessing trap. But we'll see....

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

My money's on trap but we'll see.

5. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

It was the dog...he set it all up. And didn't anyone notice his resemblance to the Gov? Just missing the eye patch.

If he'da had thumbs....

6. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

The Driver/Beth-napper is presumably Gareth.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

That guy has to actually appear at some point lol.

8. MantisTaboganMD

9. Porfivor Nixon

I think we might be the ones who have fallen into the trap.

10. Morgotha

It looked to me like a Cadillac El Dorado, but I may be mistaken. Have to let the car buffs chime in.

11. Morgotha

Gareth Brooks? What, was he upset by Beth's poor singing?

12. The1WhoKnocks

That would be my guess.

13. cmstomps

cmstomps Member

Why does everyone keep saying it is 3 years into the ZA? Judith is 9 months old tops. It has only been a year and a half.

14. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Just because it may have been a trap doesn't mean it started that way. The trap could have been devised after Beth and Daryl got there.

15. sam12six

sam12six Member

They used horror movie camera magic. It's like when Jason Voorhees is chasing you. He never moves faster than a walk, but even if he's a hundred yards away, if you turn your back he'll catch you before you take another step. Bob had his back turned so they were in super speed mode, even just walking.

What annoyed me more was that they also used the horror movie camera magic that if the camera can't see something, neither can the characters. When Maggie walked up to the sign/map, she hadn't noticed a zombie that was walking toward her on open ground? It doesn't really hurt the episode, but I just really hate that technique (like when they have the monster stand just out of frame and jump into frame to grab someone - I always think, too bad he wasn't human or the monster would have been visible the whole time).

I truly hope it doesn't turn out to be a designed trap. If it does, I'll be tempted to cry lazy writing. Terminus is how you set a trap in the ZA - you hang signs and maps and wait for people to come to you. You don't put food in a random location and expect people to find it so you can then sic zombies on them to flush them out where you can catch them. Even if the location was a trap, just walking into the building while they're probably asleep makes more sense as a capture strategy.

16. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I think the trap that Beth stepped into was planted by the Herse people as well.

17. VioLetta

VioLetta Member

1.I was expecting them at least catching their breath but i think they looked a little tired.

2.I don't think we can really say what's the actual deal with the funeral house.We just have to wait for the answers.
    What if the house is just a place that the people from that "sanctuary" made in purpose and then wait for someone/a group to come and stay so they can see if they are good to take them in with the others and the herd was just a coincidence so when it happened the person who took Beth thought that Daryl is dead so he drove off?I don't know,just saying;)

3-->What really annoyed me was that Daryl!Daryl out of all people didn't check the door first to see if it's ok and he just opened it wide for the walkers?Even I could see through the holes that the dog had company!I mean,come on!!!I would have believed it if it was someone else,like Carl,but Daryl?Not even close.

18. Dead man walking

Gareth?

19. The_Not_So_Dead

Hmm, good one. I just thought that Bob walked the same pace he did in the flashback at the beginning and that Sasha and Maggie walked a bit harder. (In short that not much time has passed with them seperating and reuniting.)

I must agree I thought the same thing: a trap, but I dismissed it (for reasons you and other people on the forum stated).
    I just thought the people who were originally in the funeral home were away (searching for food or something), came back, saw someone running out of their "home" + walkers all around and probably put 2+2 together; forcefully "persuaded" Beth to enter the car (or maybe they accidently hit her when she ran in front of the car, Beth got unconscous and they rescued her~ . In the dark they probably wouldn't see Daryl running after them.) The car had a cross on it, so I actually kinda presumed it was part of the funeral home (not a hearse or anything.)

#19 The_Not_So_Dead, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  20. The1WhoKnocks