Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ty survives the herd, yet Rick kicks his ass. How?

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by steenkash, Oct 28, 2013.

1. steenkash

steenkash Member

Ty went past that huge heard surrounding him like it was nothing, yet Rick kicks has ass like nothing. Sorry to cherrypick.

The only answer I can think of is because he is Rick 'Fcking' Grimes.

2. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Because Rick is a living person and a cop.

3. JayDee

JayDee Member

Not only did he kick his ass but made him cry. my goodness Tyreese hold it together. In the comics you served Rick. Here he got pummeled by someone a fourth of his size and strength

4. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

If Ty had even tried in that fight Rick would look like a Walking whoopie-cushion.

5. joshred4

joshred4 Member

Rick is a cop and living, like someone else said. Honestly I was glad to see Rick beat him good, Ty came at him for no reason.

6. Willzy123

Willzy123 Well-Known Member

There's your answer.

7. Suedeanthracite

Because it's TV.

8. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

Well,

1) Rick's a sheriff and a badass.
    2) Tyreese may be big and also a badass, but if you watch the scene again, Rick got a really good punch in while Daryl was holding Tyreese back, which is what ultimately turned the fight around.
    3) Tyreese was fighting through his emotions. Any professional fighter will tell you that your emotions can quickly throw off your pacing, interrupt your concentration, and make you winded.
    4) Tyreese (and everyone else) underestimated Rick. Rick has been taking a backseat and avoiding action the entire season. I'm pretty sure Tyreese was just as surprised as the others (and the fans) when Rick snapped back at him, which put Tyreese at a disadvantage.

9. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I am not sure I know enough of Ty's back story to judge. Yes, he is big and strong. But he seemed to be a pacifist and not a fighter prior to this. He was pretty much out of it as he was going after Darryl and Rick. I am sure Rick has had some kind of hand to hand training just from being a cop. Plus he kind of sucker punched Ty while Darryl was holding him. ;)

As far as killing Zombies, I don't think there is necessarily a direct correlation to being able to fight a real person.

10. JayDee

JayDee Member

Well we saw how effortlessly he handled that one guy (can't remember his name) at the walker pit. I understand the fighting through emotion thing though... But I figured if he could do that to him, he'd do a bit more damage to Rick.

11. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

This post sums it up nicely.

12. steenkash

steenkash Member

Agreed, great points. People underestimate Rick, due to his calm demeanour .

13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

You answered your own question. He's Rick MotherF*ckin' Grimes.

14. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I don't think that even mattered really. Rick hit Tyreese so hard that it knocked Daryl off of Ty's back. That's not easy to do. Plus Rick took two of Ty's shots and got back up. Ty didn't take Rick's punches very well. With or with out Daryl there the fight would've ended the same.

15. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

During the fight Tyreese only had the blind rage after seeing the burned bodies and his emotions got the best of him. I don't think he had any idea what he'd been doing or who he'd been hitting. He just wanted to take his frustration out on someone or something. But in the car, he remembered the situation of Sasha and he thought f*ck everything, it's my sister and it's her life, I have to get meds to her no matter what. So he went full badass there.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

The only reason why I could see Ty not giving it to Rick is because he knew he was in the wrong and thus lacked the heart.

17. Tdog

Tdog Member

A lot of "because he's a cop" answers. How does being a cop give him the extra strenght to pummel a guy 3 times his size? You know in real life when cops take those big people down it's because they LET them. No one wants to serve prison time for assulting an officer. When they do fight back they need like 3-4 other officers unless they decide to just shoot the guy like most cops do when they're scared. He won because the writers wanted to make Rick look like he has the uper hand on everyone which is why that scene wasn't realistic at all. He would have been KO'd on Tyreeses first punch in reality.

18. misspink789

misspink789 Member

well at the moment tyreese was extremely emotional. more on the sad side then anything. also he used alot of energy throwing crap around and going after daryl....then Rick reacted out of pure adrenyline to live and anger. tyreese stopped fighting back cause he felt hopeless at that point. in the car when he was still sitting, i thought he gave up. but i think seeing those walkers made him angry again and that gave him the strength to get through, because i do think that he would have whooped rick eventually

19. sam12six

sam12six Member

Agreed.

Cop training isn't about developing a bunch of great combat skills to win any fair fight, it's about how to avoid a fair fight at all costs. If it's an average guy, get some friends and pile onto him. If he shows any fight at all, taze or shoot him. The best answer to the conundrum of how a dude who looks like a cross country runner takes out a dude who looks like a tank so very easily is that the writers decided Rick F'n Grimes must look good in any fight.

If there's a non-arbitrary reason, I think this is the best one. Ty wasn't actually trying to beat Rick down, he was just lashing out. He didn't actually want to fight someone at that time, he just wanted to curl up somewhere and cry. When the car unrealistically gets stuck on a pile of bodies that mysteriously appeared, he snapped. Finally having something on which he could vent his guilt-free rage, he threw everything he had into the walker fight.

20. EvieE

EvieE Member

Because Rick still has a bit of crazy in him. Crazy gives people superhuman strength. And when Tyrese fought his way out of that herd it was because he channeled a little bit of Rick's crazy.