Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tyreese and his sister

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by Joshua, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

I was hoping this would have been a tyreese breakout episode but instead he begged the Gov to stay(again).

2. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

I actually really like them both.
    And I feel like they're already one foot out the door. They were already considering leaving after Andrea left in a hurry and after seeing the walker pit. It's just gonna take one more thing for them to high tail it back to the prison. I think that one thing will be them finding out about Andrea being kept in the torture chamber.

You can call Tyreese stupid for deciding to stay in Woodbury, but all he's doing is looking out for the safety of him and his sister. You can't blame him for that.

3. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Tyreese has been a little too 'All we want to do is contribute' and 'No one needs to get hurt here'...but tonight I think we saw a little different Tyreese and what is just below the surface (Sometime I see red).

I believe the only reason Tyreese isn't an outright bad ass killing machine is his sister. I think he is only acting the way he is to try and keep her in a safe place. I think he is actually wound pretty tight keeping it in check. If she dies (I hope not) or gets to the group where she would actually be among safe people, I think The Real Tyreese is going to emerge.

And truthfully, I like both characters. I think he has a 'presence' on screen and I liked her interaction with him on the wall and in every other scene where she has actually had a little part.

There is a thread where people are talking about Tyreese replacing Daryl. I actually think Tyreese is going to replace Hershel. Someone who can be a reasoned adviser and has a conscience but, unlike one legged Hershel, can also be a zombie/human killing machine when things go in the crapper. And maybe Sasha will end up being a more useful Beth...

#23 Stujoe, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

I saw it as playing it smart.

5. Silky

Silky Member

Maybe I missed something earlier but I just found out from this episode that she was his sister. The comic readers thought she was someone else.

6. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I personally like him. I think its cool how he is one of those people that can kick lots of ass but doesn't jump to that unless its a last resort. Like the way he handled Allen. All calm and stuff. I woulda been like "bitch I saved your wife, stop crying about it"

7. Woodbury Guard

Woodbury Guard New Member

Tyreese is a VERY likeable character, and his sister is smoking hot. haters gonna hate

8. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Comic Ty is a Manimal. TV Ty is an idiot,.

9. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

In the comics, He arrives with his daughter and her boyfriend..

10. Silky

Silky Member

Right, so there was some confusion as to who Sasha was. I wonder why the change?

11. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Her BF was white in the comics. Maybe they were afraid to lose viewers due to racial ignorance or something like that

12. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

The show likes to be different..

13. Claymore

Claymore Member

It bums me out. There is no way in these two episodes Ty and his sister can join the prison group. Even if they do there won't be any meaningful interaction. When they were introduced in the show, it was like finding out a super sweet Christmas gift we won't get until October (I know how stupid that sounds). I've been waiting all season for them to interact with the prison group.. and now it won't happen, or it won't REALLY happen until next season.

14. EvieE

EvieE Member

I actually think Tyrese has figured out the Gov is off his rocker but to speak up and say he wants to leave Woodbury would be a death sentence for him, Sasha, Ben and Allen. So I think he's waiting for his opportunity to make a move.

15. Silky

Silky Member

Hmmmm, good point.

16. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Im with you. Super bummer. The Ty/Rick combo won't be this season.

17. Claymore

Claymore Member

I would of rather been oblivious to Tyreese until he actually did something..

18. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

For real. For him to come in and leave so quick only to go to Woodbury, of all places, and get duped by the swirly eyes and smile of the Gov. Real disappointment. And him apologizing at the end of this last ep, ..lame.

[​IMG]

19. trueblood234

trueblood234 Member

Tyresse group is basically like Andrea in a making, WB sounds good at first then you start seeing bits and pieces of the truth. It's going to be interesting to see in which direction this group would go in the next couple of shows. Especially after the last scene in last night's episode, both Tyresse and his sister had that "ughh" look on their face when they were talking to TG.

20. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

I could see Tyreese really trying to believe the Gov's line about the walker bomb being a deterrent that would never be used, but Sacha just couldn't buy it. I think she's either a better judge of character than her brother or less burdened by leadership and thus blinded to reality.

I continue to be impressed with Tyreese and Sacha's integrity. Their companions, OTOH, are walker bait.