Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tyreese is so far a Disappointment

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by Jakobi, Oct 13, 2013.

1. apiratesaysarrr

I like him a lot. He's still human. Good for him.

2. marsyao

marsyao Member

In the comic, Tyreese is a hammer-wielding tank with deep emotional depth from the moment he entered the picture, he was in full control in the first minute we met him. In the TV show, he is nothing buy wussy, he is not even part of the leadership, he is merely nameless John among others, he did not even use his hammer in the Big Lot.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I say a man afraid to show what he's feeling is the true wimp.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

I like Tyreese, he seems like a sweet guy, who has found love and doesn't want to lose it. This is all obviously building up to him going crazy when his new love is (inevitably) cruelly snatched away from him. I don't mean that to be a spoiler, it's just life on the Walking Dead!

5. apiratesaysarrr

Yay, rabs!

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

Well, the comic Tyreese was never afraid to show what he's feeling, and he still had a very strong personality from the first minute we met him, comparing to him the TV Tyreese is nothing but a wussy.

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Episode three is a tyreese episode written by kirkman

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I think Daryl bring alive takes away some of tyreeses comic roles

9. cpump

cpump Member

hell change hes one of the best charachters in the comic

10. filthyastronaut

Tyreese has had some hammer-wielding tank moments already, but he has not yet been focused on because he was more of a periphery character. And what are you referring to with "full control"? Of the group? Of himself?

You still haven't really explained what makes him a big "wussy", which is an immature and ridiculous thing to call anyone. What is your criteria? What does he have to do to meet your standards, and most importantly, why the hell are you judging him this early?

11. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I would be pretty freaked out too if walkers fell from the ceiling.. Just sayin'.

12. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

He must be different in the comics than he is on the show, because even before he came along he was being praised to the roof. He still is by some even though so far he has been pretty annoying and a bit of a wet blanket.

13. gran

gran Member

If tyreese is having such a problem with killing walkers how did he survive and be the leader out in the wild for how ever long, before finding the prison and then Woodbridge? Because think about if you had to kill walkers (who are dead people ) of course you're not going to like it, but it's them or you. It's not like you really have a choice. It's not like you leave them alone they'll leave you alone, it's kill them or they eat you. Not a hard choice. If it were sasha then that would be understandable. Him finding it hard to do.

14. Matt

Matt Member

Karen's death will no doubt lead Tyreese towards becoming a significantly different man (albeit with Sasha still alive he'll continue to have a reason to live and his original personality will still peak through from time to time)

15. BitchPudding

BitchPudding Member

He was a douchebag to a certain lady in the comics though, but I guess that doesn't count, since women are obviously universally hated by people who watch the show and/or read the comics. Based on the reactions on the forums anyway. Btw..he will have his hammer time, we saw that in the comic con trailer. My god people on these forums are batshit crazy. I'm glad none of you (you know who you are) are in charge of the show, because it would be all guts exploding and blood and gore from the beginning to the end. Who needs character development, right? That said, I do like tv Tyreese and I hope he sticks around a lot longer than the comic book version did!

16. fiveone4

fiveone4 Member

Yup, that will moment will serve as the catalyst for his character to toughen up and adjust to the new world around him. Betting that once she dies, he will have his moment where he kinda snaps...and I'm guessing that moment where he snaps is a certain scene in the S4 trailer that mirrors a scene from the comics.

And he will grow up and change through the season, which is aka character development.

In the comic, Tyreese has a daughter whom he has to protect. On TV he is with his sister but she can protect herself. That in and of itself can make a difference in how one approaches the zombie apocalypse.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

Of course I know the difference between TV Tyreese and comic Tyreese, these are two different person, I totally get it, all I said is that I am a huge fan of the comic Tyreese, and that is the reason I do not like that TV Tyreese, the core of my issue is why the heck AMC name him after my comic hero? If they call him David or Frank, I will have no problem for his supposed "future character development"

18. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I know a guy that cries during chick flicks but brakes jaws left and right when he fights. My point.... Tyreese not being comfortable with killing walkers at the fence doesn't make him a wussy. We've seen him kill a few zombies here and there. Just wait until he's focused on. You'll be singing a different tune then.

19. BringBackShane

If you're looking for a Shane/Merle type of hothead, I'm not so sure. He'll be a good character, but I think people expect him to be the next Shane/Merle/etc.

20. Ryan Point

Ryan Point Member

I expected him to be a little harder of a person.... he's so weak and whiney.... its terrible