Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tyreese is so far a Disappointment

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by Jakobi, Oct 13, 2013.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

What astronaut said. You might want to reread volume 2 [MENTION=950]marsyao[/MENTION]

2. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Tyrese will have his time to shine. I'm sure of it.

3. Kagerous

Kagerous Member

Tyreese has a lot to accomplish...I think his character development is slow so we can see the drastic change from how he is NOW and how the world will force him to be

4. Pyrrhicle

Pyrrhicle New Member

I have to say I like Tyresse. I don't think the issue is that he is too weak but he has too strong of a heart.
    Sure it's easy to turn off your feelings, or push back the line of your principles when things get hard. But Ty isn't one to abandon what he thinks is right. If a zombie is trying to attack him and he is forced to defend himself he'll kill the hell out of a zombie. But going out of his way to kill something without provocation... well if the zombies kill people indiscriminately at any given opportunity what is the difference between people doing the same to zombies?

Still Tyresse is not your normal pansy who uses how he feels to avoid doing what needs to get done. He does what is necessary and THEN says how he feels about it after. He might not like doing it but he does it anyways and without hesitation. Honestly after the run, I'd be more worried about the type of person who got back and was all "OH Man today was AWESOME. It was raining zombies and I was bashing in their skulls and t-bagging their corpses... oh yeah some kid died but then this helicopter caved in the roof and it was redonkulous!" I mean after an event like that wouldn't anyone with their right mind and awareness of their own mortality understandably not have a fondness for what took place during the run?

But rather than hide how he feels in a false bravado, Tyresse is secure in himself enough as well as has the emotional fortitude to allow himself to be honest with how he feels with those around him. Tyresse is a big strong man but he is not invincible and he knows that. And he cares deeply about his own personal safety as well as the safety of those around him and when those things are threatened it scares him, just like it would any sane person. He just has the balls to express how he feels where other people would try to 'play it off' and hide their vulnerability.

5. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

He is great in the comics but then he turns out to be a douchebag (I felt sorry for his death though, he didn't deserve that), I haven't seen much of tv Tyreese so I won't comment, not until I've seen enough of him.

6. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

a lil early to be giving up on Tyrese. im liking that hes with Karen, who i did not remember being that hot last season. i expect to see alot more from him in the next few episodes

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think so, I like the fact that he's a big guy struggling with emotions. Deeper character. And its 100% unacceptable that as our leader, you haven't read the comics! You need to start immediately. Don't make me start a 'Jakobi, what comic issue are you on now?" thread. Because, I will. Oh... I will. ;)

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

Come on, let's just give that TV Tyresse ( or whatever) a bottle of kool-aid and call a day, I have enough of him already

9. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I really don't like him if he doesn't change more like his comicpart. Now he has no added value.

10. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I am a bit dissapointed, but I am still giving him a chance.

I just find it funny how he always wants to earn his keep, then he's all "Oh, but I can't do this... Don't wanna do that..." How often does the guy actually do what he's asked? At least he did go to the supermarket.

11. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

It is also possible that some hidden male insecurities are coming out here. Maybe a little bit of that is being projected onto Tyreese and his "sensitivity"? Just a thought...

12. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Both Tyrese and Rick haven't been the strong characters they are in the comics in what little we've seen so far. I was surprised to see the sneak peak feature them fighting so soon. Should be a good one and someone was saying it might be that Karen dies? Well, she is far from my favourite so that'd be cool but we'll see what it takes for Tyrese to snap lol

13. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

I think Tyreese is not there yet where he supposed to be the ultimate badass. He'll get there eventually but he seems happy with Karen and that's gotta count for something. Tyreese is normally a calm and a nice man and he likes to keep it that way. But after a couple of episodes when shit's getting real I think his character will change too and he'll be more badass and more angry.

14. MrNonsensical

MrNonsensical Well-Known Member

LMAO, Tyreese is one of the most realistic characters out there.

15. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Tyreese seems right on par with his character last season. He's been strong when he needs to be but we never really saw him in a non threatening, complacent scenario. I thought his development was beautifully crafted last night and can see exactly how they are going to throw the "***** Tyreese" crowd into a foaming frenzy when they finally let this gentle giant unleash a can of whoop a$$.

16. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Please speakey the Engrish

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

He's okay so far. We've barely seen him interact with the group, and this episode was all about establishing his relationship with Karen. I'm sure that he'll become more interesting the more we actually learn about him.

18. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Looks like in Ep. 2 things are going to get pretty intense between him and Rick and I believe that will change your minds about Tyreese.

19. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Together with the fact he will lose somebody he really love and his upfollowing hammertime gives me hope he will be more of a badass like his comicpart.

20. filthyastronaut

I still don't understand why people are judging him this early, not just in the season, but with how many episodes he's actually been in. If he was just a hammer-wielding tank with little emotional depth or conflict, he would be an awful character.