Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tyreese's Behavior

Discussion in 'Volume 4: The Heart's Desire' started by Rapscallion, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Is anyone else disappointed in Tyreese over his behavior regarding Carol and Michonne?

First, Tyreese has an "affair" with Michonne.

Second, Carol throws Tyreese out of their cell, and he doesn't argue.

To me, it seems that Tyreese was working on dropping Carol, but she dropped him first.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He was moving on being with Michonne at that point I think. I wish more people used this section.

3. Rapscallion

Yeah, Tyreese lit up when Michonne said she recognized him from his one season with the Atlanta Falcons.

Poor Carol.

4. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

He loved her, and still cared anout here. That's what he said though when she died. He just moved on fast. And who blames him. It's the end of the world. Don't cry over a girl if you can be death in a day. But maybe he could show some respect and talks some things out with Carol.

5. Rapscallion

I blame Tyreese.

Tyreese thought he had his fun with Michonne and Carol was none the wiser.

The "fling" with Michonne didn't bother Tyreese. He never told Carol, never regretted what happened. Tyreese wanted to move on with Michonne and Carol knew it, that's why she threw him out of the cell.

Tyreese and Carol had been in a relationship for close to a year. It wasn't just sex; they were close and Carol was devastated when it appeared Tyreese was swarmed by the zombies inside the gym.

Michonne's recognizing Tyreese as a player for the Atlanta Falcons brought back the glory days, and he forgot all about Carol and the months they spent together. Yes, Tyreese was ashamed over his part in Carol's suicide attempt, but if he was leaving her for another woman, he should of spoken up instead of playing around.

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

No one knew Carol was crazy until it was too late

7. Judith

Judith Member

This really hits the nail on the head.

8. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

I don't know if he was already "moving on" per se, but was obviously flattered that Michonne recognized him from the NFL.

I just think in the ZA, its even harder to resist when an extremely attractive woman (that you are attracted to) decides to suddenly go down on you. Of course, that is the book I am currently re-reading, so maybe I'll have a different perspective.

Also,

9. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Honestly who would pass up sex in the ZA? I could be vitally linked to my make believe wife and I'd still screw anyone that offered. You could die at any given time now....imagine how that ramps up in the ZA. Why not take comfort in the few pleasures you can manage?

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Especially Michonne's first act

11. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

True that. She went downsouth like it was nothing. I think the tv Michonne would never ever do that.

12. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Tyreese really screwed up everything in this situation. You can say that Michonne was the one who seduced him but he shouldn't have talked to her about the sports and the weightlifting. Not to mention Carol was a really bitchy and unstable character. I still feel sorry for him though, he went through a lot additionally lost his daughter.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rapscallion

Tyreese and Michonne connected over football and weights, something Carol knew nothing about. But it was the "incident" at the basketball court that made Tyreese hook up with Michonne.

I don't think Carol was bitchy and unstable, just clingy and desperate. In fact, during their months together, Tyreese and Carol's relationship was working fine.

I have no sympathy for Tyreese in this matter.

14. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

You're right about ''bitchy''. I chose the wrong word, sorry. But I still think she was unstable. Maybe I'm missing something and I have to re read it but I still think there were some disconnections between her actions.

I also agree with you about Tyreese on this situation. He did Carol wrong. I just feel bad for him overall. The way he contributed the group, the way he protected the morality and

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

He was a bit of a bastard..

I don't think it overly bothered him that Carol threw him out because he had something starting with Michonne..

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah he did screw things up a bit in this situation..

And Michonne knew he was with Carol and still went for it.. Takes two to tango..

17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I wish Ty wasn't so callous about Carols feelings when he hooked up with Michonne I understand the thing about not turning down candy when you could die at any time but I would still consider someone else's feelings before I had a nibble. I'm disappointed Carol turned out to be so unstable that Tys actions pushed her over the edge.