Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ummm, yeah....wow....

Discussion in 'Novels and Paperbacks' started by PepperAnn, Nov 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

So I am almost done with The Rise of the Governor. And although I agree that it's not the most well written.....it packs a few punches.

I just got past this.....

2. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

I love that book. I espescially love the part where they discover what that vibrating thrum in the air is. the group noticed it about a day before they got to atlanta. it was the constant monotone drone of the entire zombie population of the city moaning at once.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

yeah, that was creepy to me.

Well, they have made it to Woodbury.

4. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

This is probably stupid but it bothered me that it was never stated what happened to April. (I mean I get that it doesn't fit anywhere in the story after the leave). So she left the apartment before Tara kicked the boys out, I get that, but where did she go?? Was she just out for a stroll?? Did she know Tara's plans? Did she come back to live with Tara?

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i always thought they both just stayed there and either fortified it or were eventually overrun.

6. slw2082

Honestly, I kinda just figured they both died or Tara for sure died. She never helped with anything. Actually kinda pissed me off that she kicked them out without anything when she never worked for a thing they had. I mean, I get the reasoning as to why but it still pissed me off.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah i didn't like tara at all the whole time. I understand why she kicked them put (didn't go well lol) but meh. she's annoying.

8. slw2082

Yeah during that whole "scene" I just wanted Philip or Nick to grab the damn gun out of her hand. I understand he didn't because he knew he was wrong but man I hated her and think she was actually jealous it wasn't her...you know what I mean??

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

yep. she was just a bundle of hate anyway. hopefully a walker took a big bite.

10. Ms.MistMoonz

Ms.MistMoonz Member

I've just barely started reading the comics, i'm hooked on it.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I understand why she would kick phillip out, but also kicking a small child out onto the road?? And Nick and Brian who were innocent? The punishment didn't fit the crime. I would have exposed Phillip for what he did, kicked him to the road, but then given Penny, Nick, and Brian the choice to stay or go with Phillip.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Agreed. Nick and the others didn't even know why they got kicked out. They never found out.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Brian guessed. That's why he said later that Phillip could tell him anything, since they are brothers.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I forgot about that. He probably did. If not then then they found who Philip tortured. Which led him ot torture Michonne the same way.

15. Xgirl39

Xgirl39 New Member

I was wondering the same thing when I read that part. I also wondered if April knew what Tara was going to do and agreed to it. (And if Tara knew that Philip had apologized to April for what he had done.)
    I was a little surprised that Philip didn't go back at some point and get revenge for being thrown out like that. (I guess he wasn't as far gone at that point as later in the book when he was keeping the prisoners in the barn.)

16. marsyao

marsyao Member

If you decide to kick the father out, there would be no way to just let the daughter stay, since these two would never agree to part away. Then Brian is brother of Phillip, Nick is that guy's best friend, blood is thick than water, do you want to bet which side they would choose if the worst come? if Tara and April let them stay in the house, I reckon they would not dare to sleep at night.

17. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Oooh! Astute observation! Thanks for that. I love those little connections, the defining characteristic of both brothers co-existing in that fractured psyche. That makes perfect sense why Brian tortured Michonne the way he did; he had only ever seen his brother commit that sort of act once, so that was the only point of reference he had to "how Philip Blake tortures people".

Also, just wanted to throw this in here..

18. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i thought that whole thing could have been written better. i know authors shouldnt have to spell everything out for us but it left so much guessing on our part and even the characters themselves