Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Unable to read forum by scrolling down

Discussion in 'Survivor Help' started by Miamicuse, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

@PepperAnn Any chance you could take a screen grab of exactly what it looks like? I sometimes set my resolution to full screen, and sometimes not, but I never seem to have the problem. I saw the notification very clearly that you had tagged me on two posts. Also, does this happen on all browsers?

@Jen7 Does the slow scrolling happen on all browsers?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ugh, I can't get it to paste. LOL

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It's happening again!! *kicks forum*

And yeah, whenever those big background ads are here the forum doesn't work right.

The buttons for notifications aren't working again, not from the main page anyway, I have to be inside a thread to be able to click them.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

upload_2018-2-27_18-3-15.png

^^In a thread, scrolled all the way to the bottom. I hover my mouse over these notification buttons, and they open. You can't see my pointer.

upload_2018-2-27_18-4-31.png

^^Inside this same thread, at the top of the page, I am hovering over the same button, but nothing happens, it never responds.

5. PepperAnn

LMAO at “kicks forum”.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So far today, I haven't had any issues even with the ad still there.

7. PepperAnn

I am still having issues. o_O

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Well damn!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the screen caps, @Jen7 . From the screen caps, it appears you are using the FireFox browser. What browser are you using, @PepperAnn ?

10. PepperAnn

Chrome.

11. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks. I am too at the moment, and it's working fine for me. Your reply above popped right up in my notifications. What version of Windows are you using?

12. PepperAnn

Well, to be more clear, I keep my internet browser window small (not full screen). Now if I made it full screen, I can see my alert flag just fine, but when I am having this problem, it's cut off when the window is smaller. And if I try scrolling to the right to see it, it's nothing but blank white space. But then all of a sudden one day it resizes itself to all fit. It's really weird.

Windows 7 Ultimate.

13. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay, thank you, PepperAnn. That is a lot more helpful. Now I have something to go by. I will take a look at that and see if I can figure something out. That might just be the way that the ads work, but I'm not sure. I'll check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Okay @Zedd I'm getting all these 503 errors and I can't log in and all sorts of weird Glitching McGlitchy Glitches are happening all up in here. I don't know what's going on.

What are you gonna do about it? Huh? Huh? Huh? You wanna throw down?!?! Nah, just kidding.

15. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

@Jama You're pretty talented to be able to post without logging in!

Seriously, I assume you weren't really getting any 503 errors either, but if you were then let me know exactly what page they were showing up on.

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Alright bub! I see where this is going... I joke around too much, and as a result, you now seem to think that A) You can make cheesy and sarcastic jokes back to me. B) Any serious matters that I address, are not taken seriously.

Trying to be funny ALWAYS backfires on me!!

Actually- the 503 errors did happen and they seem to have occurred when I was clicking on the Alerts icon (The flag) at the top right of the banner. The specific page I was in, wasn't a factor. That prompted this weird situation where I could not click on different threads when I would going into the "New posts" menu/screen.... or whatever it's called. I then got kicked out and it would tell me that I couldn't log in and I would get another 503 error code.

So there you have it. I expect a full report detailing your findings on this matter, first thing by 5 PM.... That's 5 PM East Coast Time. Which means you have roughly 2.5 hours. Good luck. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

You forgot to put the "or else". I know I, as well as most others, would be very curious as to the repercussions you will impose when you DONT get your answer on time.

Waaaaiiittttinnnnggggggggggg...................

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Nah, that's okay. It's fun to joke around sometimes. No problem there. But I really did think you were joking about the 503 error too.

That is a strange set of events. I don't know that the ads would have caused that, but I also haven't been able to replicate the error myself yet. About how long would you say that this error occurred for? I can try to find out if there were different ads in place for a certain amount of time and if that might have affected it.

Has anyone else had the same problem that Jama had? If so, about what time did it occur?

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Getting 'Bad Gateway Timeout errors, pages won't load, forum loads really slowly, shoutbox has to be refreshed to see posts, @Zedd

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

OK, now things are disappearing. I posted about the forum going wonky, 503 errors, TWICE, then PepperAnn posted too, now it's all gone.

@Zedd

503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.

Sometimes it's just parts of the forum (banner and ad areas), sometimes the shoutbox,sometimes the whole forum is missing.

Then, like I said, posts disappear.

21. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@Zedd Also seeing 503 service not available errors, where parts of then the whole forum disappears.

22. PepperAnn

23. PepperAnn

Your post posted 3 times @tink. You wanted to make damn sure it didn't disappear. LMAO