Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Uneven scales of justice

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by batongal, Nov 17, 2014.

1. FISH

FISH Member

Agree completely, was a simple question of if it was symbolic or not, i think not but enjoy seeing other peoples opinions on it, if indeed it was symbolic then i tip my hat to the writers for having an unbelievable eye for detail and think it would show the level of both intelligence and respect they hold for the viewers.

2. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Seems to me that sam spends much more time typing his diatribes than jj_vsp did evaluating the episode to help the rest of us understand things.

Talk about things being uneven.

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Parsin.

#22 westwingnut, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Did anyone read the Entertainment Weekly interview with Melissa McBride, posted in the http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f431/5-6-interview-thread-92192.html ? The whole thing is really interesting, and she talks about all the symbolism in the episode. The part that made me think of this thread is this:

4. Walker Caravan

Sometimes you just need to tell something to anyone just to get it off your chest and start to heal. She can't.

Next time they're all together she should just blurt out, before anyone has a chance to say hello even "I SHOT LIZZIE IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD ON PURPOSE." She'd feel better.

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

Great article, thank you.
    Lol to some people it's just a ridiculous possibility that the producers had no intention of putting there, to others the symbolism is proven to be very real. If you like the show to count the many ways you can put a knife in a zombie's head well bravo for you, for others it goes much deeper.

6. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Did anyone else think the office where Carol and Daryl were looking at the "dog ass" painting was a legal office? Anyone care to draw comparisons between the two scenes?

7. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

I didn't even notice the scales until you guys pointed it out. There could be some bit of symbolism to that, this show tends to do that. Or at least us viewers seem to like trying to find things like this, even if there's none there. LOL