Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Unlife at the Prison

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by MaccDuff, Oct 15, 2012.

1. MaccDuff

MaccDuff Member

It's been 7 months since the plague started. The group happens upon a prison. Apparently it's still secured internally, since there are still LOTS of zombies inside. But there are several dozen still walking around outside. Zombies are pretty illogical, but from what we've seen and what the group reported, they'll walk all over the place. So why are all the ones just outside the walls, all of them prisoners? How did the get there?

More importantly, how did the entire prison population get infected? It looks like all the prisoners and guards are still there. Very few are in their cells. A prison - as our group wants - keeps people out as well as in. Even if one or two "walkers" somehow got in, they're up against armed men. I'm sure the prisoners would be kept in their cells, for their own protection if nothing else. I can't think of a scenario by which virtually the entire prison gets overrun, most of the prisoners are released from their cells, but no one apparently leaves. Ideas?

The series has used how the plague actually started and spread as a sort of cheat, maybe because there's no good way to explain it.

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Maybe a lot of them were outside and tend to stay there like the little girl who carries the Teddy Bear. In terms of how they got infected, not really sure since we don't know how it started. It could have been in the water which they were drinking, etc.

The key is not knowing how the population got infected. Waterborne? Airborne? Food sources contaminated, etc. I mean imagine if just the food at McDonald's got infected, they serve 47 million people everyday. That would spread fast.

3. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

My "easy" self explanation for all that was that some of them a. Gave up and tried to kill themselves but didn't do a brain shot. b. tried to wait it out and starved to death and then well.. walker city. c. Maybe they are going somewhere other than the when you die you walkerfy scenario. They keep making such a big point of there being no bite wounds. I know it might just be to prove Jenner's point, but hey... maybe there is more to it that how far they went with this in the comics or whatever. And maybe I am still reading WAY more into this than is really going on.

4. Chaos

Chaos Member

I did think of that a bit. I gathered that chaos ensued, some prisoners got loose then the gates were locked to prevent more zone escapes. Maybe prisoners were shot and ressurected. I'm sorta going with the all hell breaking loose idea and some back and forth over control of the situation.

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

All hell broke loose basically sums it up. I imagine we'll hear a bit about it from the prisoners in the coming episodes.

BTW, the series as a whole has to be more than seven months. It was only seven months from S2 to S3. Lori's getting close to birth, so if we assume she got pregnant with Shane's baby post outbreak, then that means it's nearly nine months. The conception also happened after the outbreak, so you can probably add another month or so before that. So close to year now, maybe?

#5 Bassman, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  6. shaun11

shaun11 New Member

Didnt Jenner say it was one hundred and something days since the outbreak started on his video log. So it has to be close to a year maybe longer.

7. zombiedad1983

zombiedad1983 Member

Its very easy for the prison to become over run. A gaurd or the warden could have been biten and then reported to the prison for work and then turned and started to "infect" other gaurds and prisoners. It could have been a visiting family member who was sick from "infection". And as Felicia stated most of them could have tried to kill themselves or gaurds could have shot them or the ones in the locked cells tried to isolate themselves and just simply starved. Once it starts and ecspeacially closed quarters it wouldn"t take long att all.

8. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Speaking for myself, I thought there were way too many walkers at the prison. In my personal experience I've never seen a prison before in my life, so I have no idea how many prisoners and guards one prison can hold.

So I just have to say that I was surprised at how many walkers there were in this episode both inside and outside the prison.

9. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

And who was mowing the lawns? j/k

10. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Not just at the prison, but everywhere.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

winter just passed.

12. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It's been 11 months since the apocalypse started.

13. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Wildfire...lol

14. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Oh you better believe it!!! I looked that up too...the 47 million lol.

15. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

It wouldn't be my kids and I. Guess I better get me a couple rifles now....

16. bluecollarviewer

bluecollarviewer New Member

A group could have went out to scout or look for supplies.They also could have tried to get the walkers off the fence and then got inside with bite wounds.

17. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

It's not surprising that the prison was full. Most prisons in the U.S. - particularly in the south - are running significantly over their built capacity, housing as many as three times as many prisoners as they were built for.

Given the number of zombies in riot gear, I'd say that the prison locked down when civil order started to unravel. There was an insurrection - a mix of prisoners and guards who wanted to get out of there. In the resulting battle, people got killed and came back. It grew from there.

It will be interesting to hear the tale the surviving prisoners tell. I'm afraid their presence probably means there isn't a lot of food for the group.