Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Very disappointing episode

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by walkerluver, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Frank Peavey

Frank Peavey Member

I mean, sure, to each their own, but.... Really?! This episode had the feel of the pilot episode. It brought us back to that area geographically, we had a serious characterization take place with Michonne, that whole Rick/Michonne dynamic changed. I can understand people that are action driven, and this type of episode may not get their juices flowing, but I couldn't possibly disagree more. One of the very best of the series, let alone the season.

2. walkerluver

walkerluver Member

Good grief. Here we go again. Now someone is annoyed. Boo hoo.

Comment on the topic, not my choice of words. If you don't like my opinion, you are free to disagree. But this forum was not created for your or any anybody else's personal vendettas against me or anyone else.

3. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Hands down "Clear" is my favorite episode.

4. Monty70

Monty70 Member

Wasn't time used wisely? Is it just me, or is Rick's group almost out of food and ammo at the start of Clear?

"Clear" was my second favorite episode after "Home" from an incredible 3rd season of the best show on TV.

5. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

totally, an A+ episode.

6. Lé Merle Dixon

Really? I thought it was the best episode in the Season, mostly because the pilot is my favourite episode in TWD. There was character development, good dialogue and it was very nice to see Morgan again...despite him being a depressed wreck. I hope Morgan returns in Season 5 or 6, and actually stays for at least half a season.

7. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I can see this being a disappointing episode to those who love the gore. That is the only thing this episode didn't have and that was a good thing. If it was Well walker and trunk zombies all the time it wouldn't make me squeal happiness when it does happen.

I loved this episode, definitely on of my faves.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Overall I'd give the episode a 9 out of 10. I just deducted points for a couple of heavy handed edits. As I said in another thread I think they had a hard time cramming everything into the allotted time, since there was so much in this episode, and it got difficult on the cutting room floor.

The Pilot remains my favorite episode, but this one is a strong #2.

9. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

"Clear" is my favorite episode not only because Morgan finally appeared but that we finally got to know Michonne`s personality a bit more. Also that Carl and her get to bond together. She was being like a "role model" or a "mother" to Carl in that episode. Watching over him and getting that picture for him. The fact that we get to see Rick and Morgan reunite is badass. Especially the part when Rick saw on the wall "Duane Turned" and his reaction to it. I haven`t felt so attached to an episode since "Days Gone By" at the end when Morgan had to put down his wife but couldn't.

10. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Personally, I liked this episode. Sometimes it feels like this show throws out a lot of red herrings, and just the opposite it did seem like this episode was a "Big Blinking Red Arrow" on Rick that its time to get his shit together and accept he's nutty and move on. But hey, to each his own. I hated that episode where it was just Andrea and Michonne in Woodbury, and that gave a lot of information about the governor and there was a lot of folks who really liked it. Didn't stop my eyes from rolling back in my head. Anway, you can make some of the people happy some of the time, but not all of the people happy all the time. Then we'd just be a bunch of Stepford wives and that would suck.

#90 Felicia, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  11. Dennis00Castro

There was gore in this episode. The scene in the cafe. The hitchhiker's guts on the road. Just a couple examples. This episode had a little bit of everything that makes this show great.

There is gore and walker action in every episode(some more than others) except for maybe one in season two.

Of course you're never gonna please those who want to see a full on walker horde massacre every episode. LOL!

12. YourFavouriteMoo

YourFavouriteMoo New Member

This was one of the greatest episodes of season 3. It went further into showing how Michonne and Carl bonded together. Also skipping the Woodbury drama and focusing on the group was a good idea.

13. Stealth

Yes, there were some great subtle moments in that episode too. When you could see Rick purposefully not mentioning Duane's name to Morgan when he was trying to get him to remember who he was. You could see the gears turning that he thought it was too sensitive of a subject.

14. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

I wonder what would've happen if Rick was there when Morgan called for him on the radio.

15. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

The question is did he called for him before or after Duane turned... And why he didn't answered on the radio when Rick had called him in Season 1...

16. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

thought it was a great episode myself. it was good to see what had become of Morgan. He saved Rick's life in the beginning and told him about what was going on. Rick did the right thing trying to talk to him and reason with him.

17. YourFavouriteMoo

YourFavouriteMoo New Member

It actually devastated me when Morgan refused to go back to the prison with Rick and the others. But it looks like he can survive on his own and isn't afraid to do so.

18. Stealth

Morgan mentioned that initially he couldn't "work himself up" to using the radio. After that I believe Rick was out of range when Morgan tried to reach him.

19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Seeing Morgans set up was one of the best things I've ever seen. Whoever thought up of all of that was a genius. The variety of colors he used and how he did everything made it aesthetically pleasing.

20. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I wanted someone to just take a nice slow walk about so I had time to really take the whole thing in. Great set.