Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Very far fetched filled episode

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Duce000, Feb 22, 2016.

1. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

The thing that's the most absurd is that there's like dead people walking around trying to eat you...

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Sure if your going to pick out every tiny detail?

3. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Yes, but we're living in the moment now. They should have been absolutely pissed. The load they found there was at least worth 5-10 scavenging trips (possibly more). That was a gold mine. I don't care how much they've lost in the past. I was pissed when they didn't drive it straight back (and it didn't help that I was already pissed that they were on a 2 man scavenging trip).

When they first arrived at Alexandria, Rick realized how valuable the whole community was and was willing to kill them for it. It didn't matter that they'd lost other communities previously. They knew the current value of what they had in that moment.

4. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I would think they could pry up each end with the crowbar, just enough to slip chains under.

5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes, driving the truck around made little sense.
    Not only should that have gone back but the car too!
    One person drives the truck, the other drives the car.
    Simple.

6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

You do remember you're watching a made up show about a zombie apocalypse, right?

7. Ricktatorship80

Am I the only one who was bothered by Jesus' goetee?

8. walkon

walkon Active Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Ricktatorship80 Am I the only one who was bothered by Jesus' goetee?[​IMG]

Everything about this guy bothered me. He seemed like Houdini and Spiderman all rolled up into one fairytale/comic character. I found myself wondering what he was doing with all those cold weather clothes on. I took an instant dislike to him.

9. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Yep I am totally aware of what I am watching

10. Zombiekills

Zombiekills Member

yeah it looked like he had wandered into the wrong tv series.

11. J K

J K Member

Not just you, it was pretty bad.

[​IMG]

12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Just curious on what bothers you about it?

13. Ricktatorship80

How extremely fake it looked.

14. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

That scene out in the field with Jesus, Rick and Daryl looked like a Dukes of Hazard episode. Just put some inbred banjo pickin' music in the background and watch the antics! With the truck going into the damn lake I was like "great now no one gets soda or f'n toothpaste!"
    And what was with the walkers tied to the tractor? Were they day-labor zombies? Were they guarding the tractor?

15. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

That's a good question about the tractor zombies. I often wonder how some of the zombies got where they were. Just off the top of my head:

-how did Deanna get to the woods?
    -how did those tractor zombies get tied up?
    -how did those sewer zombies get there that Maggie and Aaron came across?
    -how did those thousands of zombies get to that one place where Abe and company came across on their adventure to DC when they split from the group and found the firetruck?

I'd love to see some more backstories as far as how they zombies ended up in certain places.

16. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

Well zombies wander around pretty much on their own right? I mean they are called "walkers" for a reason. They usually aren't conveniently (or in this case inconveniently) tied up to random farm machinery out in the middle of a field. It's just another bs move from the writers being lazy and creating a distraction for Rick so he couldn't help Daryl be a dumb*ss and chase Jesus around. After that it gave Jesus the opportunity to redeem himself with so he could be taken hostage and later end up in Rick's room like a creeper. The rope was used to keep them in place until they got excited and then what? Was it suppose to be a trap? It's a ridiculous scene. Walkers walking around need no back story. Walkers tied up with loose rope ready to spring into action is pretty flimsy and needs to be pointed out.

#36 darkrosenberg, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  17. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

That scene in the field was like something straight out of Benny Hill. Jesus was just running in a s-pattern and Daryl kept falling down. I kept waiting for 'yakety sax' to kick in.

18. AVC

AVC Member

For that matter a one vehicle scavenging trip.

You would always take two vehicles. If one breaks down, you can withdraw in the good one.

Which also means a minimum of four players. Standard two by two cover formation. One pair scavenges one pair keeps on watch. If you go loud one shoots. The other one of the pair shoots when first guy has a stoppage. Rinse and repeat.

I would have been guarding that truck with my life, not using it as a dodgem car in a paddock.

19. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with that. Often, these kind of things have a backstory and sometimes those scenes discussing it or giving further insight into it have to be cut in order for them to produce the final product for each episode. I don't believe that it's lazy writing at all. On Talking Dead, the actors that come on the show always seem to have some knowledge that perhaps had to be cut from the final scenes or just backstory (i.e. - the 2 month timeframe that passed by in between the last two episodes). As a viewer, I'm ok with not seeing everything, but I'm just curious is all. Truth be told, showing how random zombies got where our heroes find them is not going to progress the story at all and is a waste of valuable screen time.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

IMO, none of the events surrounding Paul were supposed to be taken seriously, it was just a long comedic introduction to his character.