Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Vikings

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Goodfellas, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Ubbe is the smartest of the bunch too. The others act impulsively but Ubbe, like Ragnar, usually has a long term plan for most of his actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stealth

I enjoyed the finale but didn't like that they kept Ivar alive after everything that went down. There's nothing left for his character now, but in the last season we are going to be made to suffer with him again. I read an interview piece with the show's creator Michael Hirst who responded to all of the recent criticism of Ivar. It's pretty clear that he's the only one who likes the character and he's completely oblivious about how Ivar is coming across on the show. Hirst even said that the audience is still intrigued about Ivar and feel sympathy for him due to his background as a crippled. Sympathy? We're really in for it in the final season.

Now that I have that out of the way I did enjoy the twists and turns in this episode. It reminded me a little of how Ragnar finally sacked Paris. Just when you thought he was defeated he rallied and won. That was due to his own ingenuity though. Bjorn just got lucky.

Too bad to see Harald die, but he was given a good death in having saved Bjorn first. I was sure too that he was not going to get out of there alive when that other gate came down. His new wife though is as badass as Lagertha. She was excellent in that scene in helping save him.

Bjorn's speech to the people of Kattegat was another high point. The appropriate ending probably would've been to just have them rise up against Ivar after they heard it. That's what I thought was going to happen.

Ivar's escape was idiotic. What's with that hat? Is he in Vietnam?

Nice throwback moment toward the end too with Bjorn looking down at Kattegat and holding his sword just like Ragnar did after he fully gained power.

• Like Like x 1
  3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I too enjoyed the finale very much, I was left satisfied aside from Ivar’s escape. His character is so overdone IMO, I just don’t see what more they can do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I too liked the finale. I'm not surprised that Ivar escaped. Unfortunately we're not through with him. I'm also not surprised that Magnus died...I mean he didn't have much of a future but did have some self discovery before he died. Same with Ivar's wife. What did she expect? Perhaps she wanted to die. However, I don't believe from what I saw that Harald died. Injured yes, but Bjorn went to him after Harald came to his aid and gave him a little man hug there and he was breathing. I think.....yeah, we may see him next season. Unless History veers considerably from the old sagas, of which there are many, Harald Finehair is at one point King of all Norway. I'll watch again though.

Grunnhilde is quite the woman! I too loved how bad ass she is. I hope Bjorn can handle her, lol.

As was said, that pose of Bjorn's which mirrored his father's was a highlight. He has Ragnar's charisma but it seems that Ivar has his followers too who have helped him escape. We're set up for another show down next season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

Ivar doesn't have an army now either. Maybe he'll end up in Iceland with the other non-Floki weirdos. That's the perfect place for him at this stage. He can be a god for those lunatics.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. southernlady

I like this! Since it looks like they may have killed Floki off (?) Ivar can lead those fools!

Who do you think the new seer is? I have an idea but I would like to hear you and purriwinkle on this first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Stealth

I don't think they'd kill Floki off that way, so I'd say he has the best shot at becoming the new seer.

8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Floki as seer has a nice ring but first, we'd have to get his arse out of Iceland. After his fiasco there I think he's got to have some serious self doubt. Then, who's seer would he be? He was there when Bjorn grew up but he also helped to raise Ivar and has a special bond with him. Unlike everyone else who gets information so fast from far away places that I've secretly suspected the Vikings really were the inventors of the telegraph, lol, Floki has been isolated on his island from hell. Does he have any idea what has been happening elsewhere? Would he attempt to go back to Kattegat, where Lagertha is, considering he left in defiance of her orders at the time? If he wanders around will he run into Ivar and be convinced to stay with him? Maybe he should stay out of the seer business.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

I really want to see Floki's reaction to everything that's happened since his Fear and Loathing in Iceland diversion. Although he had a close bond with Ivar I don't think he'd take well to him claiming to be a god.

I expect Floki to come back though. I hope that whatever they do with him that it's within character. I had problems with how they handled Rollo's return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

Nothing definitive yet on the premiere date for the final season. It's unusual that we haven't heard anything since it normally starts in November. There will be 20 episodes though divided into 2 half seasons.

11. southernlady

Here's to hoping for a satisfying series finale!!

History has announced that the sixth and final season of its first scripted series will have a two-hour premiere on Wednesday, Dec. 4 at 9/8c. Eight more episodes will follow, airing Wednesdays at 10 pm. The remaining 10 episodes of Season 6 will then air later in 2020.

#591 southernlady, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Stealth

Excellent. I hope they end it well. It's starting a little later this season, but I'm looking forward to it. It feels like forever since it was last on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Such a great show.

14. southernlady

In one month...!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

Looking forward to it. I hope Ivar doesn't live to see the second half of the season. He's well past his expiration date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. southernlady

Bjorn needs to do away with Ivar and quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stealth

Showrunner Michael Hirst loves the Ivar character. That's why we've suffered with him so long. It's very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  18. southernlady

I didn't know that. Explains a bit. But still, how much more can they do with his character?! He has already exhibited every psychopathic tendency possible (as far as I can remember).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stealth

I know. His story already had been going on too long last season, so it was a disappointment to see him survive. It should've ended there once Kattegat fell.

It looks like the Russians will be attacking them this season, and they're using Ivar as a tool to assist them. This seems like something that would be out of character for him too. He wants to be the leader, and just being dragged around as a tool for a foreign invader doesn't seem to fit. They're just trying to force him into the story.

• Like Like x 1
  20. southernlady

How disappointing. If what history tells us is true Ivar died in Britain as a Viking leader. They should have killed his character off then instead of forcing a story line that just won't work.

• Like Like x 1