Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Vikings

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Goodfellas, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The second fake death of Harald would be pretty ridiculous though. What's left for him now either? He couldn't bring all the Vikings together to fight a serious threat to the nation, so it seems like his story is done. We were leading up to him vs. Bjorn but that was dropped. There are too many loose ends for Bjorn not to be alive. If he is gone it'd be the worst main character death we've seen. It should've been saved for the end of the saga. But perhaps that gets in the way of the showrunner's focus on "The Life and Times of Ivar."

I'm still very unhappy with that last episode. It's not Game of Thrones level bad, but it's still disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

So you think Bjorn survived that impalement to his chest? Or do you think it didn’t really happen like the fantasy sequences of Bjorn and Ivar talking on the beach? Now I’m curious as to who really survived that battle and who didn’t.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stealth

I vote not real. I think Glenn pulled Bjorn under the dumpster with him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stealth

5. purriwinkle

Thanks. While I’m looking forward to the ending episodes, it doesn’t quite feel the same with Ragnar’s character gone. He was the Rick Grimes of this series, lol. I guess with Lagertha now dead, and Rollo out of the picture (?), I’ll be rooting for Ubbe and Torvi although I could care less about what happened to Floki. Of course, if Bjorn isn’t dead and he can take Ivar out that would be satisfying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I keep looking to see when it's going to come back on! Like you, Ragnar made the show for me. But I am anxious to see how the wrap it up and hope that it is satisfying. If Ivar comes out on top I will be so mad!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. purriwinkle

Me too! We can think of it this way, though, even if they kill Bjorn, which I hope they don’t, Ivar and Oleg’s partnership isn’t exactly rock solid. With two sociopathic killers trying to out maneuver each other it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

I think I looked this up some time ago but I don’t think the Rus historically invaded Norway, although the writers will exercise some creative license, I’m sure. Then there’s this, if they have Oleg in Norway, with his troops, supposedly securing it for his puppet king Ivar, what’s to prevent Igor from seizing control of the Russian empire back home? I’d like to see both Ivar and Oleg out on their asses!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. southernlady

Oooo, that is an intriguing thought! That would make it very interesting indeed.

I don't mind the writers taking some liberties. But with a historical storyline like this I hope they end up back to what we know as being history - Ivar gets killed and Bjorn goes on to be King of Sweden. I'm hopeful with Ragnar's death and Rollo ruling Normandy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stealth

Yeah, I don't believe Bjorn is dead. He was shown briefly in one of the promos they released. It could've been old footage, or a dream/flashback thing. But I don't see them killing him off.

Sometimes shows go too far and kill no one, the Vikings went the opposite route with Ragnar, Lagertha, Ecbert and Athelstan. They were the center of the show. Rollo is alive, and off doing other things, but he's still gone. His brief return wasn't very satisfying, for me anyway.,

I want to see how the saga ends but it doesn't have the same draw for me as it once did either. Too much Ivar was another problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Stealth

They've taken a lot of liberties already with what they've been doing with Ivar, but hopefully they complete the show more rooted in reality.

11. Stealth

The premiere has been backed up now until the beginning of 2021. Previously they were hoping to get it out in December. So the wait goes on, but only a little longer. @southernlady @purriwinkle

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. southernlady

Something to look forward to I guess! Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stealth

Yeah, while I wasn't pleased with the direction the first half went, it's been so long now since it's been on that I'm looking forward to it more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. southernlady

I'm definitely going to do a re-watch before the back end of the season comes on. Maybe over the holidays since it looks like we are going to have plenty of time on our hands...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. purriwinkle

I might do the same. Why not? The early seasons were exceptional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. southernlady

Seasons 1 and 2 remain my favorite!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Stealth

Starting in Season 4 the quality began to diminish. They took me out of the story when they did the sudden time jump to have Ragnar's other sons of age. It moved too quickly. On some series you have a decline and then a revival, but with Vikings the progression since Season 4 has been of each one getting a little bit worse than the one that preceded it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. southernlady

I agree, for me when they killed Ragnar it started going downhill. Although Ubbe did make last season better for me, I'd really love to see him come out on top.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stealth

I like Ubbe too but their use of him hasn't been all that great. Bjorn, who we should have more of a connection with as Ragnar's first son, has become irritating to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. southernlady

True. I think Ubbe tugs at me because he reminds me so much of Ragnar.

• Like Like x 1