Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Discussion Violent Video Games = Violent Kids?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Sleep Affect, Aug 10, 2013.

1. OG1-KENOBI

OG1-KENOBI Well-Known Member

I have played violent video games since the 80's and I have not killed anyone up until now. Tomorrow maybe another issue but as of tonight no fatalities I'm aware of.

2. Jmclark

Jmclark New Member

Exactly. I think it's safe to say that as gamers we all agree that blaming violence on video games is ridiculous. I don't see why this guy felt the need to start a thread and post his video about it.

3. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

well yea maybe.. accept when we talk about TGFs, campers , and boosters.

4. thekernel

thekernel New Member

I played a lot of Mortal Kombat with my brothers when I was a young child. The fighting and blood in the game had no profound effect on us, and never bestowed us with violent tendencies. The very notion itself is merely a scientifically-deficient pipe dream of those who seek to control people with fear.

5. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Violent video games = Mouthy kids is more like it. Kids online have a mouth like a trucker.

6. CrimsonRage

CrimsonRage Member

Why some people think that violent games
    ( or heavy metal music or violent movies) causes people to be violent is idiotic.
    If that's true why were people like Hitler, Vlad the Impaler, etc... so violent.

7. Ghamorra

Ghamorra Active Member

Don't speak until you know what you're talking about. 15th century metal was brutal and is the reason vampires exist ;)

8. Bro Zero

Bro Zero New Member

If parents are bad, Kids are bad.

Where did the Games come from.

People don't want others addicted, it's just a simple stereotype!

9. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

No....just no.
    If this is the case then violent films are also making kids violent.

10. MegaScampi

MegaScampi Active Member

If video games do anything, I'd say that they'd make a kid less violent.

A kid who spends the weekend playing Call of Duty in his room is probably isn't as violent as someone who spends the weekend playing basketball.

11. Lil_indianGRL

Lil_indianGRL New Member

The reality is, every single thing that a person (especially a child) is exposed to affects them to any degree, this is how we learn.. This is where the parents come in, their job is to guide the child into knowing what's right.

So do I think violent video games makes a violent child? Maybe, and that's still to a very very small degree, like 0.001% lol. That's only if the child was exposed to 'violent' already and sees it as ok. Hell, it might even relieve any inside aggression, in turn making the kid less violent since he/ she had some release. I now it does that for me.

I'm towards the No, it doesn't. By the time they're able to play video games, they would already be conditioned on what their view of violent is, games won't have any major (negative) affects on them.

12. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

chicago has become the number 1 murder capitol of the U.S.
    most shooters do play online video games. basketball and football...

13. LethalSniper

LethalSniper New Member

As soon as something goes wrong and there is a shooting or something and the offender is a teenager or young adult, the media tend to immediately point the blame to video games. I don't think it really affects kids behavior that much, at least not to the point where they will go out and shoot people. For someone to do that, there is obviously something wrong in their head well before they started playing games.

14. Lil_indianGRL

Lil_indianGRL New Member

This may be true but as I've said, a person's violent behavior or what their view towards violence has already been imprinted in their psyche long before they've picked up a controller. Highly doubt it'll make them more violent.

15. cod_ghost

cod_ghost New Member

Ya I don't think there's a big connection. Although I do think if a kid was a violent kid he would probably be playing violent games but thats different then saying that the games cause the problem.

16. izjar11

izjar11 Active Member

Is this you commentating?

I say that because the person who is speaking is doing so out of his -a-s-s. Says nothing concrete, generalizes what "he" thinks.

Violence or violent behavior is a choice anyone takes upon themselves to indulge, now statistically proven poverty has high violence (and this has been so for thousands of years).

A video game such as COD or any other violence based game (GTAV) does not produce more violence. In other words it was already there, question could be asked:

Does a violent video game , unleash the stored violence? This could be debated.

17. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_Arachnid New Member

I have to disagree with this statement. Me and my two brothers have been playing cod for years now and none of us are violent in any way. I guess it all depends on how influenced you are by the games. That's the way I see it.