Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Virus spread by vaccine

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Pilot' started by Bart, Aug 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bart

Bart New Member

I was speculating about how the virus spreads in FTWD. And an idea came to my mind. What if Flu vaccine, that everybody is talking about, was infected?
    I think it could be, cause everybody get a flu shot and everybody is infected. What you think about it?

2. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I don't think everyone would get the flu shot. I'm guessing maybe a little less than half the population normally gets a flu shot.

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Criminy ! An anti-vaxxer.

A contagion this universal is poisoned well / food supply used by everyone, or it's a genetic mutation ...Herschel's theory.

4. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I'm certain that this is what Jenny McCarthy and Michelle Bachmann are thinking.

5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think the show made any comments relating to people being vaccinated for this particular illness. One of the characters (the mother) I think was the only character to mention getting a typical flu shot.

I interpreted the situation as many people died from the illness at first & didn't reanimate, only some reanimated in the beginning.

6. Pogo the Possum

This from H5N1. Hilarious !

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

The prophet Tobias never mentioned this, therefore it cannot be true.

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like you're easily amused..

9. Pogo the Possum

I'm a cartoonist, comedian, and actor. So Yeah !

10. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Member

If the ZA was truly global, it would most likely have been airborne. If not the safe areas would ironically be places where vaccines are hard to come by. (rural areas in 3rd world nations)

11. Bart

Bart New Member

In first teaser trailer of Fear the walking dead, guy in radio told everyone to get a flu shot.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMhrWPkkpjM&app=desktop So there is a possibility almost everyone in LA got it.

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They were mentioning the flu, because more and more people were disappearing. They assured it was the flu

13. John

John Member

Seriously? A DJ gives advice on the radio and millions rush out to comply?

14. Lotuffi

Lotuffi Member

Its more likely that its combination of the 2. Flu and dead rising. In TWD there was also Flu at the prison. Yet as explained in TWD people die in flu and its something else that makes them rise again. Same here.. Heat, flu and lots of weak people dying in different places. If they dont die to the flu.. They die because they are too sick to save themselves... Which equals to lots of dead people rising. + People rarely leave their sick family members and that may result to early death.

So flu is unlikely explanation what causes walkers.. But likely reason why there is so many turning in rapid speed. Yet once they got the numbers it bye bye world.. Welcome the zombie era.

15. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

I would be disappointed if the virus came from a vaccine (not that we're ever going to find out). It just seems too obvious and too played out.

Also, lol at anti-vacciers.

16. Maeva

Maeva Member

Not everyone gets the shot, lol.

I don't get flu shots (just hate needles) and haven't had the flu in a long time.

17. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

They've already said they aren't going to go into how it started and had previously said they kinda regretted the CDC/Dr Jenner episode in TWD. The flu shots and bad dope are just people trying to rationalize what's going on...lots of kids out from school?...probably something going around, better get your flu shot...known junkie talking about his friend eating someone? bad dope...creepy guy stumbling around an empty park? mentally ill vagrant..
    People will try to rationalize horrific things in all kinds of ways, but seldom does Impending Zombie Apocalypse come to mind first.
    It's fun to speculate, I just accept that we'll probably never know since they've said as much. With what Dr. Jenner said, I just figured it was some kind of biological weapons experiment gone terribly wrong.

18. Pogo the Possum

Cobalt ...BIG clue.

Not a virus. People don't die from the agent that's in everyone. It causes them to reanimate...turn, after death.

Cobalt = cobalamin = vitamin B12. In 2006, the FDA approved hydroxocobalamin for acute treatment of cyanide poisoning.
    High B12 levels are theorized to protect against brain atrophy associated with Alzheimer's and impaired cognitive function.

Ruminants ...grazing animals raised as livestock for food ( meat, dairy ) need natural B12, but some soils around the world lack the compounds for this essential coenzyme. Thus, it has been added artificially through various means ( mostly fertilizers ) to introduce it into the food chain.
    B12 is also added to / included in many pharmaceuticals.

Thus, it has been building up in our systems for decades until it has reached toxicity levels, where it 'restarts' ( grows, prevents 'dying' ) of the brain, but only as pure motor function, after usual 'death'; as Jenner explained in "TS-19".

Well, it's another conjecture !

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think this is exactly correct. The 'flu' that is going around is unrelated to the reanimation 'virus' and is just helping give the apocalypse the momentum it needs to become total. As for it coming from the flu shot, not a chance. FAR from the full population gets the flu shot. That would mean Calvin got the flu shot. Merle got the flu shot. Actually, I take that back, if Merle was recently in prison, he may have gotten one. But every person that we've seen so far that dies without a head injury turns. This wouldn't even be close to being the case if it came from the flu shot.

20. John

John Member

This is a lot more plausible than those thoughts some people have about Morales being in FTWD, or Morales returning to TWD, or the characters of FTWD and TWD somehow managing to merge together into one show somewhere despite the settings being ~ 3000 miles apart.