Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walker Blood Woulda Worked

Discussion in 'Episode 712 - Say Yes' started by HonestAbe, Mar 6, 2017.

1. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I actually really enjoyed this episode... I think we need to see them being human and enjoying life a little bit like Rick/Michonne did last night...but I thought it would have been a little easier and less risky if they covered themselves with walker blood and stripped the guns from the military walkers at the carnival...no?

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Another thing we have to suspend belief.

When they first arrived they saw a bunch of walkers on the other side of a fence. The smart thing would have been to bang the fence and as they approach, stab them in the head. The same method they used at the prison. Hell, it's the method they used with small barrier fences after jumping the much larger, much more sturdy fence. The entire idea of jumping the fence was dumb.

There are so many moments in the show where you clearly see an easier way of doing something. But for story purposes, they don't do it. So we just have to suspend belief and enjoy the show despite it's story telling flaws.

Technically since we first saw Rick and Glenn do it in ep2, there have been many times they could have used the walker guts idea to get out of a mess.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I agree with this, there's always easier ways that aren't used in favor of making things interesting. However, I do understand not wanting to use walker guts, if they are confident they can do it without it, I can see why they dont wanna get themselves all dirty.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think their plan WAS to dispatch them through the fence. It backfired. Their plan was to push the car into the hole in the fence, blocking it. They they could kill them in orderly fashion, taking their time. But the car had no breaks, so it went too far, sending them into the herd.

As for the walker blood method, I'm actually glad when they don't use it. To me, using that method is what requires the suspension of disbelief. Because using the rules of their world, it wouldn't work.

The rules of their world are that the zombies notice subtle differences in survivors vs. walkers. Differences that are more complex than just smell. If they see a survivor from 100 feet away, they come towards you. If they see you through a window, they slam against the window. This means they pick up on clues based on behavior and movement, not just smell.

When Jesse and Sam were attacked, they ALL should have been attacked. Immediately, too, not after like 15 seconds lol. The walkers should have immediately engulfed the entire group as soon as they broke their cover as zombies, and started behaving like people.

I've never been a fan of either the walker guts tactic nor Michonne's walker pet tactics. Based on their rules, they shouldn't work anywhere near as well as they do. So i personally never complain when they fail to think of it lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Count me as one who doesn't like the walker guts camo story line. When Rick and glen used it in season 1, they actively tried to act like walkers and where literally covered head to toe in guts. I feel like TWD hasn't been THAT bad with the walker guts theory. FTWD on the other hand has completely destroyed the walker guts theory. Although I do actually like and watch the spinoff, I have been very vocal about their completely off base, liberal use of walker guts in that show. People in that show rub some blood on their face and walk around like their wearing a cloak of invisibility. It actually bothers me how much they abuse this tactic. I will finish my FTWD walker blood rant with saying, I'm glad TWD did not use the walker guts theory in this episode (or much in general) as the theory should require extreme effort and should only be used in desperate situations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

Right, and even in "Guts"' when Glenn and Rick used it, they still gave away clues they were alive. They looked around in ways the walkers don't, and talked to each other in low tones.

7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Where I totally had to suspend disbelief is where they fell through the roof and not a few seconds later they're down there laughing... Then lighting candles and feasting and eating, that to me is highly irresponsible behavior, not that they shouldn't have eaten but in midst of walker world when there's human scavengers that kill on sight?
    No...
    Even when you're Rick Grimes it's not smart to walk around like Mr. Total Badass all the time.

8. Neuropyramidal

Why wouldn't they laugh? I think that would be a natural reaction. It actually IS a natural reaction when you go through a disaster and then come out unharmed and safe. To laugh.

They fell through a roof, came out unharmed, did a quick look around, saw the room was empty of walkers, did a quick "holy shit" and then laughed. Natural reaction. That's what I would have done.

As for the feasting, why not? The ZA can't be ALL heartache and serious guttural grunts. You have to live a little too. Especially when you are under stress. Otherwise you burn out. They were stuck in that building till morning anyway. They have to look at each other and scowl all night?

The only thing I would agree was irresponsible was when Rick said they could take their time and not worry about getting back to ASZ the next day. That was irresponsible, yes. But taking time to take a breath and eat, and see the humor a little? That's a necessary part of surviving.

#8 Neuropyramidal, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

One reason they might have not wanted to cover themselves in walker guts is they don't want to risk getting any diseases or infections from the rotting flesh, especially with Rick having a hand wound

10. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I still feel like they kept the "human behavior" to minimal levels. These zombies aren't advanced human hunting machines created by the Umbrella corporation. In comparison to FTWD, TWD is much more realistic when using walker guts. I hate to keep beating that horse but that is like the ONE thing that bothers me about FTWD

11. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

I feel like the a few things rick and michonne did wrong was her firing that shot from the sniper after having a close call with the saviors and them lighting candles at night but the candles not so much because it was in the back area of the building and people most likely couldn't see the lights but it's possible

12. Neuropyramidal

Compared to FTWD, they are more reasonable here, I agree. But they still display behaviors that we've seen walkers attracted to even from a distance or on the other side of a glass window. They slam against glass windows even when the person on the other side is barely moving, maybe just standing there looking left and right, or walking slowly. The idea of these gut masks is just something we have to accept as stretching suspension of disbelief a bit, I think.

13. Corydora

Corydora New Member

And they used a tea kettle which whistles when it begins to boil. That would call walkers and humans from all around.

14. Sully

Sully Active Member

Perhaps the reason why in season one the Glenn and Rick were much more cautious with it was because they actually weren't 100% correct on the theory. It was early in the ZA. Or walkers may have been more alert being fresher.

And more than likely on top of that, those episodes were before The Whisperers storyline in the comics, which basically redesigned that entire theory. And so the show was force to become more laxed about it to make that storyline work down the road.