Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walker Guts camo

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by Ionut, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

In TWD the Walker dressing does work to temporarily hide among Walkers, but if someone starts making noise and doing particular non-Walker like physical movements, the Walkers sense and attack.

In Fear a much smaller amount of Walker guts works to hide among them and in this episode talking, non-Walker like physical movement and even attacking a Walker to use for blood camouflage and releasing him after doesn't tip off the Walkers(and assaulted Walker) to their meal.

Episode was an improvement on the last few, but they can't put a little more effort than that into basics? lol.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This is a good point. It bugs me that Lucianna smears 3 or 4 lazy strokes on her face and that seems to be enough to own the streets.

3. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

But these are Mexican Walkers - they are on Siesta in the afternoon. :D

What Im troubled by is that these are not the "Fast & Smart" walkers of Darabont's season one. I dismissed the "slowdown and dumb down" as aging of the walkers, and perhaps the difference between primary infected and reanimated. (Remember doc Jenner at CDC needed a sample that wasn't "Dead, Necrotic" That made me think there were primary zombies - caused by the agent that causes them, and secondary zombies probably reanimated kills of the primaries) I figured that could explain the running, climbing fences, trying to work door knobs, banging on glass with a brick, etc of Season 1. FEAR is set in the early days of the apocalypse- were what a couple of weeks in. I doubt rick is even awake yet. (Figure the bombing of LA happened at about the same time the bombing of Atlanta. Laurie and Shane were still on the highway, hadn't even gone to the quarry yet) So - why don't we have the season one walkers.

4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I can even live with that....

But not after the Walkers had already seen them as living humans in their direct line of sight. They put the blood on and then the Walkers just ignore them, especially bad that the Walker they used for blood even ignored them.

5. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I liked that idea as well. That the Walkers start out stronger, a tad more cognitive and more aggressive and then downgrade with subsequent decaying. The Walkers in S1 of TWD are much scarier - Fear could have exploited that.

Fear's Walkers tho even this early on seem to already be a backdrop like where TWD was Season 3. The Survivors are far too adapted to dealing with them and the Walkers themselves are slower and dumber and not much of a threat. Throw on a few smatterings of Walker sun screen and you're good to go.

6. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Plus the walkers are far too decomposed already. They are looking like seasons three walkers, although we are still probably ahead of the events of season one. If we follow the cues of the timeline - we can reasonably say that the night they were bombing LA, was right around the time they were bombing Atlanta. So they got on the boat. Figure a week or less to get to mexico including the one night stay over in Catalina. Then we have the three days at the hacienda. In the last episode we learned it has been two days since the hacienda fell. So we are at most "two weeks" away from the time the bombing of LA began. This would put us somewhere BEFORE Rick's arrival at the Atlanta survivor camp. The walkers look far too bad for that timeframe.

7. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

It tends to be more "horde" behaviour than anything. It only takes 1 of those things to get triggered by the sound of someone moving differently or talking and the rest will then follow.

In a smaller group the chances are a lot smaller. But a horde like the one that invaded ASZ will appear smarter, just because of the horde mentality and more probability that one of them will notice.

My observations anyway