Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walker Herd arrives during a storm at night

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by RoboLives, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Having collars has nothing to do with them being random or not. Most dogs wear a collar and to think they survived away from their owners isn't that implausible. They had blood on their faces from hunting. I don't think they were led there. Dogs are pack animals and hunt in groups.

2. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

There are many "semi" plausible reasons you can come up with them being there. I assumed it was another herd off in the distance following them off "scent". Then once they were near the sounds of the barn (the loose door and chain making noise in the storm) as well as the fire obviously lured them right to that barn.

Or it could of been just a random herd passing through the path of that barn.

But it obviously wasn't a dream, the whole episode had this miracle theory, that when something is at it's absolute worse, divine intervention stepped in. (i.e. They were on the verge of starvation and a rabid pack of dogs passed through for food, the huge drought and no water and a thunderstorm appears, the walker herd about to break down the barn but the wind and storm and trees killed all the walkers (they obviously didn't film that part because they wanted to show the "miracle" of waking up to walker deaths by divine intervention.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I very much like your miracle theory tie in with all the happenings of this episode. two big thumbs up for that!

4. Darylette

Darylette Member

I thought that as well, but in the years since the apocalypse wouldn't it have come off?

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Oh Nice post and theory!

Wasn't there a plague of frogs in Exodus too?

6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Large walker herds with drastic weather changes are due to global swarming.

7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

It could have, but maybe they have only been on their own a few months.

8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

My assumption was that Daryl led them to the group inadvertently while he was out hunting. The dogs just followed his scent back to the group. As for the herd, they were already being tailed by a group of them, hence the bridge - psychoSasha - scene. Again I assumed that there were already walkers nearby, the storm stirred them up and the barn doors slamming in the wind drew their attention to the barn.

9. Wombat

Wombat Member

wow... That is an extremely good point. Wonder if the writers are thinking that deep.

and just throwing this in.... But I'm loving your av... As one Aussie marsupial speaking to another.... ;)

10. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Simply brilliant.

11. hauntguy

hauntguy New Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Daryl Rocks [​IMG] Having collars has nothing to do with them being random or not. Most dogs wear a collar and to think they survived away from their owners isn't that implausible. They had blood on their faces from hunting. I don't think they were led there. Dogs are pack animals and hunt in groups.

I'm surprised that packs of wild dogs haven't shown up earlier. These were "feral" dogs. We saw several packs of them after Hurricane Katrina. Owners have to leave their dogs behind, or the dogs get separated from their owners, and the dogs have to fend for themselves. They join up into packs, with an Alpha male, and soon these tame domesticated pets revert back to wild hunters. Friends of mine in the National Guard who went to New Orleans after Katrina said that, as much as they hated to do so, they were forced to shoot several packs of these "feral" dogs, who would go to any lengths to eat.

12. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Great way to show how the group chose to live.

Very biblical, very beautiful scene.

13. koncak

koncak Member

Yea, sure, I guess.

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I agree. It really shows that they all need one another to survive and that they're stronger when together.

Together they stand, apart they fall.

15. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

"Dreams, they complicate my life."