Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walker outside Carol's car

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Ania, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I miss Darabont walkers.

2. Necrophile213

I don't consider Eugene to be strong at all either. I don't even consider him to be clever. He just happened to stumble across the dumbest tough brute on the planet. I would love to have seen him try to pass that story off on Daryl or Merle at the start of the ZA.

im not sayin that he isn't book smart, but if Abe wasn't a complete moron, Eugene would be dead

#22 Necrophile213, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. maya15

maya15 Member

Well, all of them agree to go to Washington, didn`t they? And there were some other people in Abe`s group, people that died along the way, and certainly they were not all morons.

I think that Eugene just wanted to survive, same as everybody else. He saw an opportunity with Abraham, and use it the only way he knew. Don`t they all do the same? Trying to survive by all means?

4. Necrophile213

Didn't you see how Abe and Rosita reacted when Sasha questioned Eugene and that was with a large group. I imagine that if it was one newcomer her would browbeat them with his typical alpha male crap until they dared not ask any more questions. I know that in the end Glenn, Maggie, and Tara had their own choice but Tara volunteered initially to calm G.I. ABE down from his roid rage tantrum in that church and he basically demanded that Glenn and Maggie be part of the deal or else he was leaving right then and abandoning Carol. The person responsible for him still being alive. Again, no way to know for sure, but it's not too much of a stretch to assume that he intimidated other into coming along as well.

#24 Necrophile213, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What you consider strong, and what the show is about are two different things. If you call Eugene weak, and Eugene is in the show, then the show is about the strong and the weak. Its a show about character flaws and survival, not just about the strong.

6. cowboy's person

Absolutely. The show would get fairly dull if all our protagonists were indestructible badasses who always make the right decisions. Flaws and weaknesses drive up the tension. I actually like the introduction of "weak" characters like Eugene and Father Gabriel because it showcases different ways people survive. Those scenes of zombie fights from Eugene's and Gabriel's perspective really brought back the fear of the zombies from earlier seasons.

7. Darylette

Darylette Member

God can you imagine Merle with that? "I've got the cure but it's classified and I'm now going to dodge all questions". "**** off idiot" *smacks Eugene repeatedly. Stops. Laughs. Smacks Eugene some more.*

8. Necrophile213

I completely agree here. The problem I have with Eugene isn't that I see him as weak, but that I see him as terribly written and not believable. He is too comic book like. I've said in another thread how much I wished that it was Milton that carried the lie about saving the world storyline. He would have been believable. I think that they made a huge mistake making him so much like he was in the comics. I like Gabriel as an example of a weak character. I completely buy into a minister that was petrified and locked himself in a church for 17 months.

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Merle/Eugene interaction would have been awesome. Dammit why'd he have to die again?

10. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

He would definitely name him Mullet Queen

11. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Merle would call him Abraham's Bitch and ask him if he's still a virgin. Oh my god why did Mazzara have to kill off Merle!

12. Necrophile213

He'd say something about covering that stupid mullet with a wig and make him carry a purse so he'd really look the part.

13. Gaycandybacon

Merle would definitely try to hook Eugene and Derle up. That's just the kind of bro he is

14. Gaycandybacon

Dat wig ontop of a wig. They should really try to swap Michonne's and Eugenes for a sode

15. Lt. Col. Cookie

Cause Mazzara just sucks! Merle should still be here just to mess with Eugene

16. Necrophile213

I'm pretty sure it would be equally hilarious when Merle would mess with Abe about being dumb enough to believe Eugene. That would be a pretty epic fight, though.

17. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Agreed...poor Merle. Saddest death of the series for an awesome character:zombies_mad: