Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walker Stalker Chicago 2018 & The Adventures of Jenaeink

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Jen7, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of attending Chicago's Walker Stalker con / Heroes & Villains Fan Fest with lovely ladies @Dnae & @tink (of course @PepperAnn you were there in spirit).

We were able to meet most of the cast members who were there, and they were all down to earth and kind as can be.

Here are some of my pics...

The "bad boys". Austin Amelio was really cute in person. He also left quite the impression on @Dnae, but i'll have to let her tell that story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jerry was delightful, and was giving out little dishes of peach cobbler at his table LOL.

[​IMG]

I accidentally stepped on Ross' foot, and he was still awesome:

[​IMG]

People we miss:

[​IMG]

:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Father Gabe <3 Seth was really kind. And he looked super cool in his glasses.

[​IMG]

Tom Payne is so pretty, he makes me look like a potato with a face.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 9
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I wish I was photogenic like you!!!!! You're so stinkin' cute :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

You are though! I almost didn't share half of these because they made me cringe, but i said f*ck it lol.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

This is so awesome. Makes me want to attend WS Orlando even more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

JDM was squeezing me so tight my ponytail was loose after that. LOL I was in 3.2 seconds of heaven.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Wow. You got a LOT more pics than I realized. Great to see new treats!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I ended up getting way more than I planned...I couldn't resist! I also just realized i didn't get photos with any of the women who were there (Polyanna McIntosh, Katelyn Nacon, Sara Wayne Callies, and Alexandra Breckenridge)...how sexist of me. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Day one (Friday)

I left Dallas behind along with its warm temps in the mid to upper 70s and landed in Chicago to a windy frigid (for this Texas gal) 30ish degrees and overcast day.

Jen picked me up at the airport and we took a quick tour of all the roads surrounding our hotel ;):p:D and then decided to actually go to our hotel!

I of course could not go on this trip without mucking it up somehow and I did that in form of pulling a muscle in my back before leaving. I was in agony and worried how I was going to get through two days of "conning". So I bit the bullet and bought a cane hoping that would help alleviate some of the discomfort. Little did I know what a "godsend" that cane would be!!!!

*Information insert*
    Tink and I both had VIP passes which gave us early admission both days into the convention hall. With those passes you are allowed to enter at 9 am. Jen had General Admission and would have to wait to enter the hall until 10:30 a.m. VIP also gets you in a line that moves slightly faster than GA but not as fast as the Gold VIP and Platinum lines

*On with the story*
    After checking into the hotel Jen and I went across the street to the convention center to pick up our badges and Jen needed to get her photo op tickets for Steven Yeun. While she was getting the photo op tix I saw a booth for "disability services" and I was curious. I made my way there and as soon as I walked up (I was using my cane) the woman said "looks like you could use this service". I told her that I had hurt my back and that was good enough in their book I suppose. Basically what this allowed was pretty much not waiting in anyone's line for more than 5 minutes. I was given a card and at each guests booth I was given a time to return and then I would be brought to pretty much the front of the line.

She then explained that my friends could join me in line since they were VIP. I explained that one person I was with had a GA badge and then she suggested that we make Jen my "special aide" :D and she not only would be able to go with me through the lines BUT she would also be able to enter the convention hall with us at 9 a.m.

I mean if I was going to jack up my back this was the weekend to do it!! It made the pain bearable. We were all so excited that we were able to experience the con at the same time and that Jen was not stuck waiting in long lines. It was AWESOME!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

In all fairness we did try twice to meet Jadis!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

LMAO I told you i like to circle the area, stake it out first ;)

I am SO glad you told that story about your back so now I can tell this one...and who knows, maybe you had to be there, but:

Dnae said she was going to wrap her cane in barbed wire and call it "Old Lucille". It made me almost pee my pants when she said it, and several more times when i thought about it again later.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It was so much fun! Start saving money, it can be pricey! I am going to start a new WSC FundMyself jar just in case I go to another LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL....this is the shit I come up with while laying in bed trying to fall asleep!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Moral of the story - if you are going to take the time to attend a walker stalker con, especially if you are traveling there, buy a VIP pass if you can lol. It will be WAY worth it.

Also try to hurt your back!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I am GREEN with Envy. @Jen7 you are as cute as a button and the smiles on everyone's faces were genuine. It is a good thing @Dnae loves you because you were standing awfully close to Tom Payne there. I am SO glad you guys had such a good time. I would love to go to one of these.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Thank you <3

It really was a great time...i highly recommend if there is one you can go to.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL.....its all good. I got to stand close to him FIRST!!!!

And I know that if Josh were there she would have allowed me to stand close to him for a moment or two ;)

And it seems we now share a crush on Mr. Austin Amelio

My TWD crush list in order of swoon level:
    1. Tom Payne
    2. Andrew Lincoln*
    3.10 Ross Marquand
    3.11 Austin Amelio

*Please do not confuse this list with my favorite character list LOL. On that list my number 1 is actually my number 2 and my number 2 is actually my number 1

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Reina

Reina Active Member

That's it. I'm a lesbian now.

Jenn you are gorgeous! I'm in love with your Ross selfies.

@Dnae I hate you hurt your back and hope you weren't too miserable, but isn't it strange how things work out sometimes?

Glad you girls had a really good time. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yay! Love those pics Jen.

The whole convention was pretty great, lots of people, got to meet most of the cast, and Jen & Dnae were great to hang out with.

In addition to the above, I also went and saw Michael Rooker, who was very nice, I was a little worried about him but he was a good guy. While I was in his line he walked around to all of the cast booths around us and signed the staff people's shirts, gave Scott Wilson a big ol' hug, etc.

On the other side of the hall were people from other shows like Arrow, Gotham, etc. So over on that side I talked with Kirk Acevedo (he was one of the Governor's henchmen, Charlie in Fringe, in Band of Brothers, Oz, etc.), and he was just really wonderful.

Jerry (Cooper Andrews) was my favorite TWD guy, but all of them were very kind and seemed happy to be there and very accommodating to fans.

We saw Norman from afar. He looked stinky.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Aw thank you Reina! Ross switched to his different facial expressions so quickly i didn't catch on until about the 3rd one and i was trying to play along instead of just laugh. He was so nice. And he gives great hugs...that's when i stepped on his foot. Whoops.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Considering the perk it afforded Jen I have to say that a bit of discomfort was worth it for that reason alone!

• Friendly Friendly x 3