Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walkers Can't Float.

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - Monster' started by mtito914, Apr 11, 2016.

1. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Lucio Fulci gave us the answer to that... :Grin:

[video=youtube;4g8fCxyAVHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g8fCxyAVHs[/video]

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

We must always question Lord Kirkman, or else we will all become nothing more then Grease for the Gears..

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That's exactly my point. Let's try not to apply science and just chalk it up to being zombie fiction. There's no point in trying to make sense of why zombies float. It wont make sense, so let's not try to act like it's doable (to use real science)

It doesn't bother me to just chalk it up, suspend my belief in a very small way, and move on. I'm with you on trying to explain non sensical events in the show, but when it comes to "how do zombies work" I don't think there's any fruitful gain to be made of analyzing it.

Kirkman isn't a scientist. He is an amazing storyteller though.

#23 Spidey, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It does make sense. We explained it. Gas from internal decomposition in the gut and chest cavity. There's nothing wrong with discussing possibilities of how things work, even in a Zombie show. Despite the fact that zombies exist in it, doesn't mean its a free for all. They can't fly. They can't talk. They've never tried dubstep, to my knowledge. When things happen in the show, you can still try to explain them. And we did.

It doesn't matter if Kirkman is a scientist or not. He's the creator of what we are seeing here, in fiction. So if he says that the nerves and muscles stay preserved in walkers longer than they do in regular corpses, then they stay preserved in walkers longer than they do in regular corpses.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I remember you and I had this exact discussion when i first joined this forum, lol. I'm not suggesting it be a total free for all. As I said, I can accept small things that while they don't make sense, I can stretch my belief to move past it (Zombies floating) Zombies flying or teleporting would be too much of a stretch for me as well.

6. Neuropyramidal

Zombie floating does make sense, once they've had time to decompose. Yeah, if we have a zombie fly or teleport in S7, I'll agree with you. ;)

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Well there's nothing I can do to change your mind nor I change yours, and it's pretty clear other people are also split as to whether it makes sense for them to float, so it's best we move on.

By the way Kirkman has changed his zombie rules back and forth. That's why I don't take his word. In Season 1 of TWD zombies were smart enough to carry rocks and bang on doors. You don't see any that smart anymore. Sometimes Walkers know how to quietly sneak up, other times they constantly make that moaning sound. The zombie rules are constantly amended to fit the storyline. So sorry if I don't trust his word, he changes it a lot.

8. Neuropyramidal

That wasn't Kirkman changing his rules. Frank Darabont, the showrunner of Season 1, wanted the zombies a little smarter, which Kirkman never liked [but ultimately it wasn't his decision]. After Frank was fired, the zombies went back to being dumb.

And it doesn't really matter who is split. It makes sense they float. ;)

#28 Neuropyramidal, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  9. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

What walkers can do is just a question of what are the rules of this fictional universe. I agree with Neuro that there was a change in what walkers could do between Darabont's TWD and post-Darabont TWD.

10. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

close, they make ya stand in a five gallon bucket and fill it with cement make ya sit down wait till it dries ... then toss ya into the east river