Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walkers don't seem to be as agressive.

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by dogfighter, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

The walkers don't seem to be as aggressive as they were in season 1 and 2. You would think that the walkers would try to climb over the fence of the prison to get to the group. I know the prison fence is tall with barbwire on the top and that the majority of walkers wouldn't make it, but they could at least try. They climbed over a fence in season 1 when Rick and Glenn were running for the U Haul. In the intro to season 2 the walker fought to open up the door of the bathroom when Andrea was trapped inside. Lately it seems as if the walkers lack that inner drive to feed.

In the preview of the 312 I could see a walker seeing the car and then charging at it full force. Then I could see it climbing on to the hood of the car and start beating the front window of the car with it's fist. Doing anything that it can do to feed. Instead of putting its face on the window and growling at them. I would like to see more from the walkers when the attention is turned away from the Governor.

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I think the "shamblers" properly represent the walkers they want. However I will agree that they're not as bitey as they once were. Like when Rick had his hands full of walker outside the fences. If this were Season 1, one of them would have taken a bite of him.

3. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Eh, you got to kind of understand that TWD zombies are not like the other living-dead in different movies/shows/games. They are pretty stupid, and pretty slow moving. It's only really a problem if you get surrounded by a large group of them. They don't carry the ability to think and go "I know, I'll just break the window". They lack a lot to any problem solving skills. And I also think they are becoming dumber as they lose muscle memory (How I explain to myself that Morgan's wife knew what house she lived in and how to turn door knobs)

4. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Pretty good observation you made about the muscle memory.

5. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

But some of them are more intelligent than the others. For example like the one that tried to open up the door of the bathroom in the RV. That scientist guy said that virus revives them, but only brings back their primal instincts to feed.

#5 dogfighter, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

It's just my theory, and a unsupported one at that. Thanks though :Grin:

7. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

I'm saying this because I've seen animals trapped in cages try to break out of the cage by running into it with all it's force.

8. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Well keep in mind animals can be very smart and have unbelievable problem solving skills. They are not just brain dead beings with nothing but basic instincts.

9. kmangel

kmangel Member

I'm thinking that the writers in the early segments had the walkers doing things they shouldn't have been able to do. So, perhaps the writers are now making the walkers more in line with what Jenner said in the CDC--they only have a functioning brain stem. If I was in a ZA, that's what I would want--zombies that can't climb, turn door knobs, use rocks to break windows, etc. I wouldn't want my zombies to be very smart.

10. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Ok fine lets forget about what i said about climbing the fence even though they did do that in season 1. You don't think that the walkers would start hitting the windows of the car with all its strength to try to get into the car so that it can feed. Not with a closed fist either, with open palms. If a walker can try to open up a door then why can't it try to use its arms to break through a door or window. A walker wouldn't have enough intelligence to be able determine if the glass or wooden door is too strong to break, but it would at least try.

11. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

I'm sticking with what I said before they seemed more aggressive in season 1 and 2.

12. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Eh, well in that case I think they do try to that extent. They might not even be strong enough to break a car window. Their muscles are decomposing after all.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that they're less aggressive, but maybe less intelligent.

At the start of season 1, Morgan's wife tried turning the doorknob on the house, and when Rick met up with Glenn and Andrea in Atlanta, the walkers outside were using objects to try to smash through the door. They still have that uncontrollable hunger for flesh, and they still attack to kill, but they no longer have the basic intelligence they previously had, for whatever reason.

14. yangxai

yangxai Member

Wasn't there a zombie in season one that tried to break down a glass door with a rock?

15. Herschel Kisses

I don't know, I think the bridge walkers were pretty aggressive, they were surrounding the car and one was climbing into the car to get the woman and baby....huum

16. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Really??? Do you remember which episode that was?

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

the season 1 zombies were a bit smarter and then they were changed as a design choice. that is why they are a bit smarter. just explain how you want. I just say it's rare for it to happen. lol

18. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

You know it was just a preview. Lets just see what happens.

19. Busted Flipflop

Maybe they had more energy back then because they ate more? Now they're weak and don't have the energy cause their not consuming as much.

My unofficial zombie virus theory.

20. EvieE

EvieE Member

I kinda liken the Walking Dead zombies to the 28 Day later zombies, obviously there are huge differences, one group is dead another group is alive and fast as hell. But it's stressed in 28 days that the zombies basically wear themselves out, no food or water and they're basically weakened. I would imagine once you're dead whether this virus reanimates people, they are still dead and the body starts to decay to the point where their limbs are useless kind of like bicycle zombie.