Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walkers don't seem to be as agressive.

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by dogfighter, Feb 27, 2013.

1. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Yeah, there has to be a scale of Zombie-ism. Like some zombies are slow, some are fast, some are smart, some are dumb,...But not one or the other. However, as one earlier poster said, the longer they are zombies, the slower and dumber they get. So after a time, all zombies created around the same time will all be around the same physical capabilities, i.e. a Herd.

2. ChokeHldsIllegal

To me, most of the time--- it just seems like right place right time kinda thing for the walker

vs

wrong place wrong time for the survivors...

When a herd or even a small group attacks, the walkers who manage to bite and kill are not necessarily more capable, smarter, or faster than other walkers... they just happened to be in the one in the right place at the right time...

Unless you are comparing injured walkers. i.e. bicycle girl vs the walker that killed Dale. one obviously has more speed for obvious reasons... so in theory a walker with more decay might be slower than one who is more fresh, but not by much

#42 ChokeHldsIllegal, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  3. Al Davis is back

In theory, would the walker in ten or twenty years be almost stationary? Some are moving slow now. Wait a few years for the flesh to rot off and become less mobile. I would like to add that the more a walker feeds, the more aggressive they become (possibly faster?).

4. norsegryphon

norsegryphon Member

Also keep in mind that they arent in a city situation anymore. The prison and Woodbury seem to be several miles apart, and with considerable forest and rough terrain between. Any walkers that show up in either spot, will have to come thru that mess, with no tissue repair or regeneration, no depth perception or ability to avoid dangers like falls, snags, rivers, etc. They will be beat to all hell by the time they arrive for a feeding delight. Since in a few episodes they showed they would eat animals if need be, a small herd of walkers, following a small to medium animal, will just fall nearly to pieces trying to get at em. The "freshest" and most able bodied walkers seem to be the ones that turned and lurk in in the small towns, along the roads and in vehicles.

5. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

I really like this post because it makes some sense with the question at hand. The walkers in the cities and roads etc seem to have less to get through in order for a meal (XD) Zombies do hate fast food >.> All jokes aside and I believe someone stated this before about the walkers and movements, intelligence etc that it would seem logical many lost out in the harsher areas would be slowed down.

6. norsegryphon

norsegryphon Member

Logic+Zombies= <3 :zombies_cool:

7. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

I'd like to think/believe that each walker retains some form of their original selves ya know?
    Like when Shane was one for a hot minute, I was waiting for him to brush past Rick and either hit on Lori or Andrea XD hahaha

'hey I just met you..and this crazy..but I'm a walker..your face looks tasty..''

8. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Hahaha I just pictured a walker walking off a cliff. That would be hilarious :zombies_lol:

9. norsegryphon

norsegryphon Member

That is what im saying, there has to be loads of ravines, dried riverbeds etc. Just full of writhing incapacitated walkers. Thats why i never understood why they didnt pop every "dead" walker they passed. I would be so paranoid i would have my crowbar out and into every head i saw just to make sure. Would have saved a leg for Herschel if he followed that plan.

10. Dennis00Castro

I agree but keep in mind.

Romero in his films did set precedence for Zombies to carry on rudimentary characteristics of who they were before they turned.

His films also set a precedence for Zombies to evolve. You have "Bub" in "Day of The Dead" who was developing reasoning and communication abilities.

You have the black Zombie in "Land of The Dead" who showed enough ability to be a leader.

You had the twin sister in "Survival of The Dead" who showed the ability to adapt to eating animals.

If you remember Romero's Zombies at first fed only on humans and by SOD started to show the ability adapt to eating animals.

Romero's Zombies were not stuck at being mindless dullards reacting to stimuli on instinct. They were/are evolving into sentient beings.

#50 Dennis00Castro, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  11. mistymage

mistymage Member

When Andrea cut the arms off of Curb Stomped Zombie.. the blood spurted and was red. Which made no sense to me. At the least it should have been black.. or whatever animates zombies is causing them to breathe to allow the red cells to (I stretch back to HS biology) transpire. And thus remain red (oxygenated). Unless somehow the zombie she amputated was an extremely fresh zombie.

While most zombie movies/shows are made with the idea that the world that a ZA happens has no idea or no preconception of a ZA.. they at least try to follow through with the "rules". Zombies are the dead risen: no breathing.

I know.. black blood, slowly oozing is not as in your face as spurting, gushing red blood. But it bugs me now as much as Michael's tee shirt having red blood the next day (after getting into the mall) on Dawn of the Dead 2004.

12. Dennis00Castro

For the walkers to be able to make the raspy growling sounds that they make they have to be breathing. There has to be air inhaled and exhaled.

13. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Remember when Shane and Otis were trapped in a school. They were hella agressive. Probably the most agressive they have been.

14. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

They are fast, gate climbing and rock using when it meets the show's needs, or slow and just stand around when people run by them, again as meets the needs of the show at the time. I personally don't think the show is having them devolve on some preset schedule, but are having them act how the episode requires on an ad hoc basis.

15. IQDeficit

IQDeficit Member

Very true. That aggression is comparable to S101.

16. IQDeficit

IQDeficit Member

But even a recently deceased person would have bluish blood. I do not understand how it could be in the arms. After death, blood puddles in the lowest part of the body. Gravity works on blood too.

17. Dennis00Castro

Only having a few guidelines and being ambiguous about the rest gives the writers freedom to do this without being bound by a strict set of rules.

It also leaves room for debate and discussion like we are having here. Sparking our imaginations and further increasing interest and excitement in the show.

These are good things!

18. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

Walkers aren't supposed to be capable of thinking, so if they started climbing fences and trying to open doors, like they did in Season 1, I'd be going "Come, on, REALLY?!" Walkers in TWD aren't supposed to be anything more than mindless things that live to walk and eat.
    My personal theory is that maybe the further they decompose, the weaker they are.

19. SickMAK90

SickMAK90 Member

Didn't Milton say they can starve? Just takes awhile?

20. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Yeah, When Phillip asks him he does say they are starving, it just at a slower rate.