Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walkers in the river

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by mmmbert, Nov 9, 2018.

1. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I don't think I've seen this addressed anywhere else. I have held off because I have tried to stop nitpicking every episode, but can't any longer.

Why are all the walkers floating down the river dead?

We have seen walkers where the body is burned nearly all the way up still moving and snarling. These weren't even on fire very long before falling in to river. The way I remember the scene, their motionless bodies were just floating down the river in front of Jadis and Rick like the bodies floating down the river in "The War of The Worlds."

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Good point. Lol

That's all I got. :p

3. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I'll be honest, I've only been watching since season 5, but I have been less than impressed with the consistency of things like that in the scripts. And with the stupidity the characters show sometimes.

I still like it and these things are a small part, don't get me wrong, but it honestly has kept me from looking at it as much more than any dumb tv show. Better than most, but frequently eye roll worthy.

Why was there dynamite on the bridge?
    Why was the horse so spooked it threw Rick and then just hung around?
    Things like that.

Not a hater, just a little late to the party I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I wondered the same thing. We've seen walkers on fire before, but maybe not with a massive explosion. Tell yourself their skulls cracked, or were already cracked, so the fire got in and burned their brains up.

Why did dynamite sticks spill out of a box on to the bridge? Umm..... someone was transporting it across the bridge, leapt out to provide support in the fight that broke out, and the valuable supply of dynamite was forgotten. errrrrrr.....

The horse would have been long gone after the smell of all of that spurting blood when Rick fell. I got nothing there, but I'm glad the horse did take off at the end rather than being exploded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

^Agreed, that horse would have been long gone with those herds closing in on it.

We can pretend many of the walkers that fell in the river were thrashed about and smashed their heads on the rocks in the river. And they died. =D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

They were just chilling down the river. They are not dead.

If someone approach them and flip one over it will bite.

They are part of another feature movie with the Oceanside group, where Gimple calls The Snorkeling Dead.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lindigo

I couldn't chose between Like and LOL. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindigo

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Their brains blew up from the blast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Lindigo

They got concussed into goop. :) You don't have to destroy the entire brain to kill the walker. A stab will do. So the concussions did enough damage to their brains' already fragile state. You have to want to see it. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

'cept they continued to walk through the fire and off the bridge until they were all gone.

12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Because those were all dummies, not real actors. So, they could not move...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Right, but the river ones could have been the blown up walkers, and not the ones walking through the fire, and off the bridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

The horse drove me nuts, lol. I call it Rick's unicorn horse, because if it acted like that it would be magical.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I figured most of them were still functioning it's just that the walkers aren't all that "active" so they wouldn't be able to fight against the current or thrash about.

It was Daryl's plan to lead them to the bridge and, as he said, let the river wash them out to sea. So I don't think Rick destroyed them. He just let the river take them away.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well if you look at the bodies floating down the river many of them look not like full bodies, but rather body parts. Torsos, etc. So I think the idea was that these were the ones closest to the dynamite. And the presence of the dynamite didn't bother me either because they have been using it to blast. But what actually caught my attention was how rapid the water was flowing at the bridge, which apparently turns into a lazy-ish creek about a mile down stream.

17. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

What made you think all the walkers that fell in the river were dead? I don't think anything was definitively shown regarding that.

18. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

The fact that they were floating down the river motionless.

19. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Fair enough I guess. It wasn't something I recall noticing myself. I suspect it had more to due with the budget to have people floundering around in the river than anything else. Probably hope'd we'd not notice.