Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Walkers?

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by br0k3n, May 2, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Strange absence of walkers - especially considering many scenes shot on shore (tent city, and posh neighborhood). More walkers accidentally washed ashore on that tiny island than were in either of tonight's locations.

2. JFAN

JFAN Member

I thought that was strange too as I watched the show especially considering how there were bumper to bumper tents...what happened to all those people???

3. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Maybe people tended to flee from these areas rather than stick around. I wouldn't stay their for long either.

4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

The military was taking out walkers from the start. Where Nick was it was a "safe zone" hence the large fences he had to get threw to find Strand's and Tom's contact. The tent city I would agree had a lack of infected... maybe locked in tents??
    But in the street it made sense.

5. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It didn't make any sense. The writing on this show consistently has many weak points. This episode was slightly better than the others though.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, and something apparently went down very recently [within the last few hours] at that tent city, because fire barrels were still lit.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

And none of the infected had been drawn to the fires yet. I wonder how there are neither living nor dead at that site--well, just the one. Very eerie, and cool.

8. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

There was also the 'Save Us' spelled out in the sand and the helicopters overhead. Maybe they were being 'saved' and evacuated by the military. There were a lot of lights in the direction the helicopter was flying, there must be a military force still in place there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BlackLightning

It's the Mexican military.

It seems like the Super Saiyan Black Plague is only an United States problem...at least, for now. Hence Thomas Abigail almost begging Strand not to return to America, the 24/7 military presence at the border, the fact that the group has to sneak into Mexico and the giant metal gates.

Am I the one who found the giant metal gates at the US-Mexico border extremely ironic?

10. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I didn't find lack of zombies milling around to be of interest - after all, we have a lot of examples of them being drawn to noise more than fire, so all the commotion on any highway - horns, crashes, screams - would be easy excuses for zombies to be moving around the area. It was interesting, as someone else noted, that the 'fires in the camp' were in fire-pits or drums - as in 'intended for light and/or cooking purposes'. Not napalmed areas or tents riddled with gunfire.

The campers fled. The zombies followed.

11. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Yeah...they were being saved. More like taken out in the ocean and thrown out. Floaters at Sea (name of a rock band).

12. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

That helicopter looked more like a US Navy Seahawk more than anything. The sound of that thing consistently buzzing around would've easily got most of the Walkers in that area to get up and fruitlessly follow it.

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Like they said in Talking Dead, trump was right all along that mexico would build the wall!!!!

The show is taking the direction I thought it'd take, and blaming the US government reaction to the Apoclayse as one of the major reasons why the apocolpyse was so bad. If they didn't blow shit up or tried to put down people in mass waves they could have gotten things under control due to WAY more people alive and WAY less walkers.

14. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

LOL

15. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Just a thought regarding this post and the other ones about the tents and lack of walkers/infected. Doesn't anyone remember the (was it opening) scene of TWD when Rick happens upon the campsite at the gas station? There was a mini-walker and that was it (maybe one or two in cars). It is entirely plausible for the tent city to be void of walkers, save one or two. And yes I realize that Rick's scene is a bit further into the ZA timeline then Nick's adventure but it isn't that much further ahead.

16. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

The Mexican Navy buys decommissioned Navy destroyers, DEs and frigates, all loaded with Seahawk types of one variety or another. Look up "USS Marvin Shields (FF 1066)" and that's a start on Mexican Navy coastal squadrons.

17. BlackLightning

That. Or the Mexicans take abandoned/compromised American destroyers and make them their own.

San Diego, the West Coast headquarters of the American Navy, is not far.

I would add that the US government's failure to be frank with their people is also a big reason why the apocalypse has gutted the entire country.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the beauty of art imitating life.

18. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

The tent city reminded me of Michonne's camp that was over-run . Seems like smaller groups in the early days of the ZA have a better chance of survival .

• Like Like x 1
  19. Znuts

Znuts Member

I imagine that tent city was full of people for the first few days, but I imagine people and families started to leave one by one, in search of something better, until there were just a few dozen people left behind. Those people were either just evacuated by the helicopter we saw at the beginning of the episode or a small hoard of walkers came through and the people in tent city fled and the walkers followed them, leaving behind a straggling walker or two.

I was kind of hoping we would get more time or some characters from the military, so we could get a good idea what the military was going through and what they were doing before their units fell apart. The military would show some data they've collected from the CDC and tell our main group all about the walkers and what is happening in the outside world, kind of like what the group on the main show found out at the CDC in Atlanta.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lian

Lian Member

I think you have a good point here....