Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wanna be a Weinermobile Driver?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tink, Jan 24, 2019.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Why is being a COLLEGE GRADUATE a requirement to drive a f*cking giant metal hot dog around town?

"Hi my name is Tim. I received a BS in Architecture from the University of Arizona. I've racked up $50k in student loan debt and I'm paying off that debt with my swanky new Oscar Meyer wiener delivery/sales job. Sure, I'll never design a building or a home in my lifetime, but that doesn't mean that I wasted my money on college. Why? Because I had to be a college grad to qualify for this job!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A few years ago the oscar meier wienermobile came to town at a local market. I took the kids there to see it for some free hotdogs and sodas and to experience a slice of life from an idealized version of the 50's. If was fun.

Hee hee, I remember I also ran in to one of the local docs there who was coming out of the market with a couple of cases of Hamms beer and I made some joke about him doing some heavy drinking, and he laughed and said, "no, I'm having some people over"! I remember thinking, "they must be some good friends if you're popping for Hamms for them". What a big spender.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I imagine they would tell you that the reason for the degree is because its a public relations job, so someone with background in marketing and knowledge of working with the public is desired, and that's true, but their other main reason they would not tell you is likely because they don't want people off the street whose last job was cleaning the toilets at IHOP and usually forgetting to wash their hands afterwards, applying for the job and driving around the country for a year telling people "Iz drive en hot dawg it go zooooom you like hotdug? I like hotdug, look what I can do: QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK see i make horse sound to keep away flies, anyway eat hotdog all the time please, ok eat Nathan's hot dogs they duh best others no good BYEEEEE... ......... oh turds, I out of gas. Mebbe chocolate milk work till i git to gas stashun"

And in their minds this helps weed that out.

#5 Neuropyramidal, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Morgotha

It's a good point. If the driver has to maintain logbooks, balance expenses, etc., who knows if a high school student could do that any more? Now a days some high school students get excellent educations, while students in other districts get none. At least if you have a college graduate you don't have to worry they can't do basic functional math and reading/writing.

7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

They wouldn't hire someone right out of high school because their insurance wouldn't allow them to, due to increased liability and risks associated with younger, more inexperienced drivers. They would most likely need to be at least 25 years old, maybe 21 years old.

There's a lot of capable, intelligent and hard-working people out there with enough skills to do a job like this, who are not college graduates.

I would think that the ideal qualification range for this type of job, would be someone who has an Associate's degree from a community college and a good driving record.

The person with no post-secondary education may be under-qualified unless they had years of relevant work experience... so why not give that person a shot?

A person with a BA or BS would be over-qualified.... Unless they skated through college with Cs and Ds and partied all the time. Maybe that's who they're looking for. LMAO

#7 Jama, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Morgotha

I agree a 25 year old with an AA degree and a clean driving record would be a perfect fit, especially if they have relevant experience. If they do, they should apply, as someone with experience but not quite the qualifications will likely be hired over someone with the right paper stats but doesn't seem to fit the job requirements.