Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was Dawn Justified . . .

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by rabscuttle1, Jan 1, 2015.

1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

When she blew Beth's brains out?

[video=youtube;07wuZ3EWMAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wuZ3EWMAA[/video]

2. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Well if someone was busy stabbing me with scissors, then I'd reserve the right to defend myself. So yes, probably.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

100% right. Someone stabs you, you shouldn't have to think about whether you're stabbed seriously enough to shoot back. You shoot back. Now or in the ZA, you have the right to self defense.

Dawn, however, should NOT have been shot for defending herself, and I wouldn't blame the cops if one of them planted Daryl for doing so.

4. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

5. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Sadly, yes. I wish I could defend Beth in the moment of her death, but she assaulted someone during a sitch that was ostensibly an amicable exchange of hostages.

I know there was a discussion recently in another thread about situational ethics, but I don't think that even applies in this scene. Beth made a poor, impulsive choice.

#5 fruitfulandgay, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  6. LogicallyInsane

Yes. Anyone and everyone would've prolly done the same thing in that situation. My problem is. How in the hell did Dawn's gun get in her hand? When Beth walks over the gun is holstered. And I never see Dawn reach for it. Maybe I need to rewatch again. But its bothered me quite a bit. One clip she ain't got it. The next she does. Lol

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Of course.

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Cops (well, any competent shooter) train drawing from their holster so it's a natural motion. The time between Beth's stab and the shot is about right.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, this seems right to me. I'm no gun expert, but I saw nothing wrong with the dynamics of that shooting. What did people expect should have happened. "Oh, I was stabbed, just give me a sec here, I have to open this flap...its Velcro you know....I lost my official police issued holster so I had to grab this one on ebay...okay, here we go...now let me carefully slip this gun out of here...step back just half a step would you?...there we go, much better, sorry your breath just smelled like limburger yogurt....lol, and while I'm a fan of something sweet followed by sharp cheese, sometimes the math isn't straight forward...by that I mean 1 good thing + 1 good thing doesn't necessarily birth a GREAT thing.....heh...eheh.....and I'm using the term 'birth' in more of a metaphorical......anyway....Beth....hold still....."

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I know it's a different kind of gun, but I'll take any excuse to post a video of Bob Munden. This dude was freaking insane.
    [video=youtube;KGl8ocDWggM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGl8ocDWggM[/video]

11. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Beth is a horrible person. They should've been carrying out Dawn's body in slo-mo.

12. Mr Samhain

Mr Samhain Member

I don't think it's a question of whether she was justified or not, because it wasn't an intentional action.

But if the question is should Dawn be blamed? I'll say no, because it was an accident. Daryl just shooting her dead there and then pissed me off.

13. cowboy's person

I couldn't agree more. It was just a trio of stupid in the last minutes of the MSF: Beth, Dawn, and Daryl. Beth's stupidity has already been discussed extensively elsewhere. While I can't blame Dawn for defending herself, a more appropriate response would have been backhanding Beth rather than shooting her brains out. And I honestly expected better of Daryl, his response could have gotten a lot more people killed. Beth was already dead; this was a straight up revenge kill. Thank the gods Shepherd had the presence of mind to put a stop to the knee-jerk acts of stupid violence.

14. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Daryl has made several stupid decisions and mistakes, but he's Daryl, so they largely are swept under the rug. :p. If Beth or Tara had made some of Daryl's glaring mistakes, there would be an entire section of the forum used for ranting about it lol. If Beth had opened the door to the funeral parlor without looking, and allowed all the walkers in, that would have been the main topic of discussion here the evening of that episode. But Daryl did it. So the topic was barely thought of. If someone like Tara had driven right into a herd of 7 thousands walkers, without seeing it until it was too late, pausing for several seconds doing nothing but staring, and then getting the car stuck in it, same thing...

16. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have possibly said it better. Personal bias will almost always have its say. I'm actually shocked to see this thread playing out theway it is considering the way that previous threads that were very similar went. There truly is no end to what Daryl will be given a free pass on by many fans.

Whether or or not Dawn was justified isn't even something that I'm going to take too seriously as a question because it's anyone that was attacked like that would have reacted. It was instincts amd years of training kicking in amd anyone that feels that she was supposed to just stand there and allow herself to get stabbed is likely a delusional Bethyler. The Daryl question is far more interesting, IMO and by no stretch of the imagination was he justified in killng her. An eye for an eye isn't even applicable as a means of justification because Dawn was physically provoked. Had Dawn just shot Beth for no reason I wouldn't be saying that amd would be backing adartls decision to act while still not considering it the smartest moves based on the probability of retaliation.

If if the roles were reversed and it were Beth that acted in self defense amd was killed by one of the cops I'm pretty sure there would be a faction that were disappointed that the group didn't act on that.

17. Cowboyz4life

Cowboyz4life New Member

Dawn was justified to defend herself at that time. Beth shouldn't have chosen that moment to make a move. She would still be here. I didn't like Dawn too much but she had to do what she had to do. Beth next time think before you act.