Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was Denise a man/transexual?

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by Mr Bag, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Denise took the key chain that said 'Dennis'. I heard the story about her 'brother' Dennis but why take the Dennis key chain...was Denise really Dennis?

2. Mister_Baker

Mister_Baker Member

That is really over thinking it man, lol. She took it in memory of her brother. Not all that strange.

3. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

You must have missed a chunk in last nights episode- Denise was discussing her parents, alcoholism, her brother...

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll never know... :zombies_shocked:

5. igorina90

igorina90 Member

She took it because it reminded her of her brother. Jeez.

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm all for the surprise twist, but I think this is a bit much. Like [MENTION=8839]Prufrock[/MENTION] said: parents; alcoholic; bender-fueled naming decision.

She's one of the Alexandrians I most wanted to know more about. I was also glad Tara got some lovin'. But hey, we couldn't have too much screen time with her or we would miss all the absolutely imperative hours spent watching Morgan stare off at Carol, or Rick, or the Wolf, or his jail cell, or the flowers...(Can you tell that I'm well and truly sick of the 5-minute long shot of staring featuring Morgan, Carol, or some other character?)

7. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

OK thanks I appreciate it. I was just wondering because Denise seemed to know a lot about the pharmacy off the beaten path and I couldn't figure out why she took the keychain if her brother was truly dead.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Denise was really Dennis who pretended to be Denise so he could see Tara's bewbz.

Because this show is a soap opera.....OF THE DAMNED!!! Dun dun dun

9. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

They could also be targeting a new demographic...so anything's possible. That might even be their slogan? AMC. Anything's possible!

10. TWD_fanatic

TWD_fanatic Member

Were you watching the same show I was...?

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Where does this logic come from?? I thought it was a pretty straight forward story about her missing her brother.

12. Steppin' Razor

I didn't get it at first and assumed it was because it was the closest name on a key chain she could find to "Denise" lol. I never see my name on those stupid things..

13. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

14. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

The Facts:
    1. Denise had mannish features/build and walked like a man.
    2. Denise mentions her 'brother' Dennis (which sounds a lot like Denise) who was a bully and an alcoholic. Maybe Dennis was a bully because he suppressed his feminine side? He could also be an alcoholic because 'she' was trapped in a man's body.
    3. Discreet pharmacy off the beaten path that caters to (transexuals?) that only Denise knows about?
    4. Denise takes the key chain that says Dennis.
    5. Denise/Dennis tries to bully Rosita and Daryl on the way back. Calls them stupid. We see Denise/Dennis has mannish strength while she/he retrieves the cooler.

#14 Mr Bag, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  15. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

So you think they want the Caitlyn demograph?
    Just because the girl had some meat on her bones and didn't dress frilly doesn't make her mannish. And that was her parents that were alcoholics. Her brother was angry a lot, that's who Daryl reminded her of. She saw the pharmacy sign while fleeing and wondered if it was still intact. That was her twin brother, and the keychain made her think of him. As for the mannish strength, I personally thought she was kind of girly, the walker was pulled out with the cooler strap and it knocked her down. I think a strong person would have managed to push her away and to the ground without falling.

16. greatdanechick

greatdanechick New Member

Exactly!!! I'm pretty over Morgan in general, but staring at his frickin brick wall was weird.

17. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

"Mannish strength"; "walked like a man"--seriously? The whole discussion about "mannish" versus feminine is problematic. How exactly should a woman walk? Would she be more of a woman if she confined her movements a little more? Because that's usually the focus in such assessments. How freely did she walk; move; take up space? Was she duly restricted, keeping her arms close to her sides and taking small steps? Was she, in a words, contained?

I'm a 5'9" woman who can chop wood, throw a football with a spiral, move freely in the world. I'm not transsexual; I'm a cis-gendered woman. If anyone suggests otherwise, I can almost certainly take them down. And then I'll go back inside and change my tampon.

Bottom line: think a little bit about the words and assessments you're throwing out there, sweetie.

18. Mister_Baker

Mister_Baker Member

1. What mannish features?

2. Dennis didn't sound like a bully or an alcoholic, not in the way Denise described him. If I remember, that was her parents that she was describing.

3. Where was it EVER implied that the pharmacy catered toward transsexuals? She explained why she knew about it earlier in the episode.

4. We've covered this already. She took it in honor of her brother. It's not exactly unheard of for people to want to have something that reminds them of a loved one, especially if they are dead.

5. Huh? Bullying? What?! And picking up a cooler with a six pack of soda in it is mannish strength now, huh? In that case, I should go out for the U.S. Weightlifting team the next time the Olympics is around.

#18 Mister_Baker, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  19. jojo

jojo Member

*Head Desk*

20. Steppin' Razor

I am a cis male and I am triggered.