Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was it Right to Take the Guns?

Discussion in 'Episode 715 - Something They Need' started by Weallgotit, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

What do you think of the strategy to go in expecting to have to take the guns from Oceanside? I must say I did not expect Rick to take the guns if Oceanside would not join them. But I get that they had to.

#1 Weallgotit, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it was the right thing, for one reason: The Oceanside has the M.O. of killing people who happen to cross through their area, even if those people don't do anything threatening towards them. They temporarily made an exception of Tara, but still planned to kill her in the end, when she wouldn't stay.

So, morally, I think de-arming a group with that M.O. is okay, and even MORE okay seeing as you need those guns urgently to keep the general area terrorist-free. Having said that, I personally would have left them a few guns, enough just to defend themselves if necessary.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Taking the guns was necessary for the greater fight, but they should have left a few for defense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

They were constantly concerned about getting more guns. How big is their ammo supply?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

I think it was kind of right but they should've left them some and I really hope they do actually give them the guns back after and I really really hope they'd didnt give the garbage pail kids the guns yet I feel like they are gonna switch up and it would be a waste to give them the guns

• Like Like x 1
  6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I hope the women had a good supply of spears or something to at least fight off walkers if another barnacle bunch swarmed in.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

Tara claims it's on loan anyway. She said we'll bring them back when we're done.

8. Steppin' Razor

They're gonna feel like real assholes when the group wins, lol. I would have brought that up, honestly. "You'll owe us in that event." haha

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It seemed rather harsh but then again why risk getting shot in the back when you're leaving? Let's face it, not everyone was on board.

Be that as it may, the women aren't defenseless or helpless. They can fight, right down to some of the children but they'll now need to use other means to keep the walkers at bay is all.

If I were them, I'd take the time to beef up the outer perimeters. Tara got in way to easily and they should have had look outs which would have made Rick's plan much harder to execute.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

Atleast they still have the bells to redirect walkers and yeah if i were them I would take the time to build more walls and maybe even build a wall on the near the ocean so that their is only one way in through the ocean and maybe put someone on guard near the ocean

• Like Like x 1
  11. Edward Reid

Edward Reid New Member

I'm a little confused at this episode. How did Sasha get caught. I guess I missed it last week

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

She ran all by herself into a compound containing hundreds of enemies. Badaboom. Caught.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Edward Reid

Edward Reid New Member

I was just expecting the writers to actually show her getting caught. Just would have went in a different direction I guess

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

14. Weallgotit

It sure would have been nice for them to show that but they do this so often it doe not phase me anymore. We so often have to assume it is implied that an event took place to keep the story line going.

15. Weallgotit

I agree with all the posters that mentioned they should have left some guns behind. But someone said they weren't even using the guns readily since they had them all locked up. If Oceanside is truly left in peace it's not a big deal if they don't have guns. I do believe they will take some of them back after they win the war. They just have to make sure don't get killed by them after doing so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes it was right, digging in your heels is not a good way to win an argument, matter of fact it can backfire and when it does you really lose big, that's the lesson here.

17. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

definitely the right thing to do. I think part of the reason they were so harsh with oceanside was they needed to feel a sense of control and power again. with the saviors and junkyard people pushing them around and Gregory (and initially Ezekial) not being cooperative they needed to take someone else's lunch money for change. so to speak

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Does it seem Oceanside only to have a handful of fighters? When the explosion happened, only Beatrice and Kathy rushed to the armoury and the rest of the women and girls retreated to another direction.
    So, counting Natania and Cyndie, they only have 4 capable fighters? (Well, Rachel might count as 1/2)

I hope they still have some guns hidden somewhere and the four of them will come to Rick's aid later in the story.

19. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I hope they don't get overrun before they can get their guns back. Hopefully the fighters will end up at AZ to fight though. And now that Negan is on the way to Rick, I'm hoping that he realizes that Jadis must of told Negan and she gets no more guns, and is not trusted.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I think it was Jadis who told Negan too but many seem to think it was Gregory. I guess we will find out next episode.