Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was Morales bluffing?

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by Jen7, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that Morales and the man with the baby were not part of a typical Savior outpost, and were perhaps runaways like Dwight and Sherry were at one point? The main clue for me is the baby - there may have been a family or a group of like-minded people who coordinated a get-away from the Sanctuary in order to save themselves and the baby from Negan's way of life. Other clues:

The first floor was clear with 2 people stationed outside. There wasn't the usual amount of saviors there ready with guns.

When the man said "no guns."

Morales saying "i have called the Saviors back..." speaking as if he's not one of the Saviors.

Could this be more of a hideout than an outpost? Was Morales bluffing?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It could be an "outpost" that used to be another community. Perhaps more workers camp and contributor to Negans sanctuary much like Alexandria, Hilltop or the Kingdom but more of a integrated part. The Dish Base Morgan attacked seemed more like one of Negans good old guard outpost with psychos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That could be too...since he said "i called the saviors back" it could mean they had been there to take guns/supplies.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is hard to see what he means, did he call back reinforcemence to the outpost? Did he call them back towards the sanctuary? Did he call them to keep on heading back with the heavy machine guns? Also, it is not like Rick could stop any radio communication. They would need EMP or some kind of disruptor technology...So I think Morales might not know that the Sanctuary is surrounded by the dead. I guess we learn on sunday! Monday for me!

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think maybe they left to go help the sanctuary after the initial attack but then once they were attacked Morales called them back?

I dont feel he was bluffing but i do predict he will not live to talk about it either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Morales is gonna die in the next episode, I can feel it.
    Its in Gimple's nature to give us a bit of interesting story and then waste it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Dwight was the one that gave them directions to the place, as well as a map of the interior that Rick was looking at. Plus, just before they shoot the two guards outside, you can hear Mara on a walkie telling those guards to remain at their post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh ok, i don't recall Mara on the walkie in that particular part...

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I hope the opening of the next episode is a retelling of the last few moments of the last episode.

"It's over Rick. I've called the Saviors, they're coming...

...just kidding man how ya been dude??"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

Even better rewrite:

"oh, no, sorry, you looked like this guy named Morales I knew at the beginning of the outbreak, but now I realize you are Kenny Loggins"

11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think two things are at play here.

One, yes I believe "savior Morales" is a misdirect. This was an outpost but the saviors emptied the guns to fortify the sanctuary. I don't know if Morales is/was a savior directly. I'm thinking he was sort of like the library people. A small group of workers who collect and protect supplies for the saviors but aren't directly saviors. I'm also thinking this was the out post that Gavin over saw. Which is why he is at the sanctuary when Rick attacked. I think Morales isn't 100% team Rick nor do I think he's 100% savior. In the end he only knew Rick for a few days two years ago. This isn't a long lost friendship. It's a guy Morales sort of knew and just watched him murder his friend. This is going to be an uneasy alliance.

Two, I think Negan ordered the guns to be taken to the sanctuary and the only person in his ranks that didn't know about it was Dwight. By Rick attacking that location it's going to let Negan know that Dwight is his rat. He would be the only one who didn't know that location was empty and Rick attacked it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think it would be funny if Morales' gun is just a water gun and he pulls the trigger at Rick's face.

13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

But didn't the library group get murdered on Negans whim? I just thought they where another group who thought Negans bikers was small time and died in dozens because of it.

14. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Then they start to wrestle and give weggies and noogies:D:D

15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I was under the impression they were a very small group, similar to Hilltop, Alexandria, and the Kingdom, who supplied the saviors without directly being saviors. Simon told the last guy they killed that he told them the rules, showed them the way foreward. When they tried to fight they killed one, they still wanted to fight so they killed them all. Felt like they supplied the saviors and decided to fight and lost.

I also think they were connected to Oceanside, but that's just me.

I think there are tiers to how the saviors work. The saviors, the savior outposts, and other groups who aren't saviors but are under their control. The men from oceanside, Alexandria, the library, and so on.

I wonder if Morales is one of those types of groups, not actual saviors.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

I think Morales is full savior. It appeared he actually lived at the outpost, he wasn't just dropping off supplies, because Rick found a picture of his wife Miranda on a table. Rick had entered Morales' "home".

Also, Morales' home was apparently on the top floor of the complex. The floor they protected the most and would logically only entrust to their most loyal people, not the forced scavengers from other groups.

Negan wouldn't likely figure out Dwight was a traitor due to moving guns, but he might figure it out if Rick is caught with the map that Dwight drew on his person. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Both great points.

I just think Morales being a savior would be even more cheap than having him show up in the first place.

I do like the aspect of uneasy alliances though. That's the most interesting aspect of ftwd. The enemies are almost always come from inside the group. You never know who to trust. They dabbled with with Gabriel a while back, but mostly the good and bad guys were always cut and dry on this show. I want more Eugene and Dwight type sitiations on this show, where you don't know exactly where their loyalty really lies.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The guns might still be there for all we know. An attack on an outpost and Rick asking for guns....well someone need to survive to have them know Dwight outed them.