Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was Morgan Right to Lie to Henry?

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Weallgotit, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think so. I was worried when Henry asked who killed Ben that Morgan would say "It was the guy that was just talking to us." I think telling him it was Gavin will satisfy his urge to get revenge at such a young age. Even if it makes him think he already got it. That's bad enough that he has killed. You don't need him wanting to kill again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yes. He's young, Morgan lying to Henry allows him to have some level of closure by having killed the man who he thinks killed his Brother.

If Morgan hasn't said that Henry would still be looking for revenge. This way he can close that book and start to move on.

Having said that, now I see how Jared dies. Jared will tell Henry that he was the one who killed his Brother, Morgan or Carol will then kill Jared. It will create distrust between Henry and Morgan and help drive the wedge that makes Morgan leave VA.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Morgan was wrong to lie to Henry, because we all know what happens when TWD's characters tell lies. :eek:

#3 Rapscallion, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  4. Sully

Sully Active Member

I was hoping Morgan after Jared was talking about how Henry made them uncomfortable, Morgan said something like "yeah he should, he just killed Gavin by himself. You want to be next?"

• Like Like x 3
  5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I understand why Morgan did it, but I hate deceit, I hate lies. There's nothing worse than discovering you've been operating under false pretenses because some one else decided for you what your version of the truth should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Superficially, it was a good decision. Henry is young and this gave him closure, so he can focus on more constructive thinking. Practically it is a bit more questionable, as Jared may later admit to the killing for taunting purposes. Ethically there is some question too, as Henry does deserve to know who really killed his brother, at some point. I don't think he necessarily needs to know that right now.

I may have been a bit more vague about it, and explained to Henry that many saviors have died so far in this battle, and that it was likely that the savior who killed Ben was already dead. And then tried to focus his behavior on more constructive ventures, like learning to use the stick.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I think saying Gavin killed him will come back into play (obviously why else would it be shown) but Morgan should of used more vague words like Gavin was responsible for his brother's death.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Adults lie in various degrees to their children all the time when they think it's in their best interest. Not saying it's right but it wells from the instinct to protect them. Here in the ZA, it's a tough call as to whether or not it's a good thing. In this case Morgan could have shaded the truth by being vague or maybe the adults should have singled Jared out for a trial and possible execution which might have been a better way to give Henry a sense of justice having been served. So difficult when kids are involved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm thinking Jared tells Henry that he killed his Brother. That triggers Jared's (and maybe Henry) death.

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I hope something triggers Jared's death soon. Man, what a dick. Why waste resources on this guy, he's never going to be anything but a dick.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The kid is a stone cold killer.
    He does not need to talk about it he just gets it done.
    I almost pity ratface jared if the kid finds out the truth.
    Die Rat Face Die!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Morally yes I think he did the right thing... it’ll give the kid’s mind a break from blood lust (or revenge lust) and protects him from feeling the need to kill again...

But on the other hand I think the truth will come out and some trust will be lost

• Like Like x 2