Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was Rick justified in killing Bob #2?

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Alina, Dec 1, 2014.

1. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

They were just jealous of Lori or else didn't understand her (or based her on the comic, which she was very different from). I thought that in the current situation - ZA, told husband is dead, all alone, & everyone she knows either dead or eating her other friends- she sought comfort in the only person left besides her son. That's why so many people have sex after someone dies: to feel alive. If she was such a bad person, she would have stayed with Shane & told Rick it was over but instead she dumped Shane like he was contagious. That is not the action of a selfish bitch (as some of the fans call her).

2. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Yeah your right again. Sarah Wayne Callies is another one of the actors and actresses I miss on TWD along with Scott Wilson and Micheal Rooker. This show has a bad habit of OFFING its most talented people. I even liked Jon Bernthal as Shane, he's another great actor. I've seen him in a few movies since he left TWD and he's talented.
    Also like you said, I think people hook up during devastating circumstances to temporally forget about what's going on around them at the time. Lori did go back to Rick once she found out he was alive in season 1. It was just the mixed signals she gave Shane that made people dislike her I think, especially when Rick told Lori that he killed Shane and Carl put Shane down. I think Lori was more upset about Carl killing walker Shane than Rick killing Shane, but that's just the way I saw it.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, they would have wanted to anyway, lol. I agree they would have scene through Shane's ruse immediately, but when we think back at our season two group that would have been left over after Rick and Dale were dead, I'm not sure how organized the attempt to remove Shane would have been. I think the two to stand against him the strongest would have been Lori and Hershel. Season 2 Daryl was still a bit unpredictable, he might have gone off on his own because the group was now totally 'broken'. Carol would have hid in a closet and wished everyone would have just stopped arguing. [Kind of funny, considering season 5 Carol would end up being Shane's assassin, most likely]. If Shane had deteriorated mentally to the point where he was willing to stage his best friend's death to keep Lori, I don't think the problem would go away because an old man a couple other people told him to get off their property. My guess is the attempt to evict him would get botched, and the next person to die would have been Hershel, so that the group no longer had an authority figure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I agree that it would be a stretch for Lori to leave the farm with Shane. She would have to choose to believe Shane's story, or pretend to believe it.

I conjecture that Lori would have been motivated by a desire to avoid a violent confrontation between Shane and the rest of the group. There might also be a part of her that realized she might be carrying his child, and another part that knew that Shane would do anything to protect her, and another part that would want to take revenge.

I just find the Lori character a complicated mixture, so that just about any action was possible.

5. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I agree that Lori was angry that Carl killed walker Shane. She had no reaction to Rick's confession until he told what Carl did. Lori felt Carl was becoming numb. Remember Carl told Lori he could have put Sophia down. This upset her. Then he actually puts Shane down. This really pisses her because Carl isn't her little boy no longer. Imagine what she would think about him now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. raven n

Don't forget she was hormonal as hell at the time, so anything would have set her off. That's one reason for the Mixed signals with Shane & all the Violent reactions in general. Hormones are powerful & can make the most mellow of people Psycho's, believe me.

7. the walking jet

i thought the stakes were to high to give the guy another chance..

they were on a rescue mission.. he was a threat to the success of said mission..

threat eliminated..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I didn't dislike her because of jealousy, but there's being hormonal and there's being hormonal. That and her inability to set things straight between Shane and Rick or to even be honest with herself about what her feelings were was too much for me. Good riddance. I would expect a lot from the men post za, but having their emotions played with by a woman who can't make up her mind? I don't expect a man in love to be any more rational than a woman in love, and what Lori did to them was just cruel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. raven n

Lori seemed more 'thoughtless to me than cruel (& you don't seem like a Faniac of either Shane or Rick, so why would you BE jealous?). But consider the Environment: Walkers, possible starvation, disease, dangerous humans, Angry (& later proven Nuts) ex-lover who lied, pressure of being the wife of the leader of the group (as if that's not stressful enough), now a pregnancy she KNEW could kill her & with no idea who the father was. I agree, she could have handled it better, but pregnancy hormones cause vastly different reactions in different women. It may well be she had NO control of how she reacted. When I was pregnant, the first 5 months I was - according to pretty much everyone -a Heinous Bitch: Going from crying to yelling & cussing in an eye blink. Imagine how that kind of loss of control would be like in the ZA. HARD to IMPOSSIBLE in my experience. She did love Shane a little (& we don't pick out who we love), but it turned out She loved Rick more & shane's lie about his death broke her faith in him. Shane messed up big time, but your right - she could have handled it better. However, Shane also didn't back off or give any space for her to cool off either & when he tried to rape her, that was the last straw. You say Lori was cruel, but love is much crueler 7 when love is betrayed it can become a monster even worse than a Walker.

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

On the pregnancy, I hear you, LOL! I spent the first few months going from normal to weeping for no apparent reason. I also swore I was getting fat when there wasn't yet any changes?!? And... I did some stupid things. Ah, the good old days. Anyway, I guess my problem with Lori is really *before* Shane went nuts, but when Rick first showed up again I think she owed it to both of them to take herself aside and decide what her feelings really were, and to make a decision one way or another on who she wanted to be with. Do I *understand* why she didn't? Yes! Heck, I have letters I don't always open right away, I can only imagine what being in her position must have felt like, but otoh, like you say, she's not just living a comfortable American life anymore, they are in a daily life or death struggle. Her indecision could easily cause the group to choose sides and fracture them, possibly killing them all. I fault her in a big way for not acting like a grown-up and making a decision.

Plus, I just don't like her, which shows a pretty good acting job on her part, I suppose, but I could just see her at a parent teacher conference insisting that HER kid got some special treatment, etc. I've seen enough of those to last a lifetime.

11. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Really starting to like some of the posts on these forums lately, a lot of Andrea and Lori love.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I know. I thought I was the only one who liked Lori lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I've always liked Lori, i never saw any reason to harbor hate for her. Andrea and Lori to this day remain the best Females of TWD to me not just because they were originals but because they were realistic and had presence.

14. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

This is the argument I have never understood with ppl who hated lori. She made it very clear that Rick was the one she wanted to be with. Yet so many ppl always say she sent mixed signals. I just never saw any mixed signals. She told Shane she wanted to be with Rick and to stay away. My actual issue is that she disn't cut Shane any slack and was very hard on him when he did so much for her. But I never understood how ppl felt that she didn't make up her mind or sent mixed signals

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cowboyz4life

Cowboyz4life New Member

I feel like he got what he deserved too. If someone gets in the way of the master plan, they have got to go. I see rick has become so savage but hes not playing games anymore. He has been through too much to let one person spoil it all. Sorry Bob, you had to go.

16. raven n

I agree. She cut him off, but was trying to be quiet about it because they didn't let others know they were having sex (some knew, of course) so she was trying to be careful of how she acted around the group & since they were all stuck together, it was hard for her to 'avoid' him or keep him from her son. This could misconstrued as 'mixed signals' but it was clear to me that Shane had been kicked to the curb -it was Shane who WOULDN'T get the message; especially when he found out she was pregnant. I met -casually- the actress who played Lori on Jan 31 & she was nice, but aloof. I think that was because the people there treated her like LORI & not herself. That would sure as hell annoy ME!

17. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

while i disagree that Lori didn't give mixed signals, i could potentially concede that she didn't intend to.

It's ridiculous that people would disrespect an actress because of a character she portrayed. I don't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. the walking jet

LOLz some folks take their "entertainment" to seriously..

• Like Like x 1
  19. raven n

most wont or cant separate actor from character. Their loss.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think "mixed signals" may mean different things to different ppl. I think of mixed signals in this case as being her showing she still wants shane in a relationship kind of way. i don't believe she sent any signals saying that or showing that. All the ones I've seen ppl say didnt come off as sending shane the message that "i want you"