Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was Rick wrong to kill the saviours?

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Darylette, Apr 6, 2016.

1. calliope

calliope Active Member

I'm wondering if you mean the people from Hilltop? What are they called, Hilltoppers? I don't think the original Alexandrians knew anything, and our group was taking their best guess. Unfortunately it was wrong.

I think some in the Hilltop--Jesus in particular may have had an idea that the Saviors were more extensive than they seemed. Maybe he saw this as a way to leverage Gregory out of his position, but I do think that he genuinely bought into the competency of Rick's group and felt that they would prevail.

2. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Negan was coming for Alexandria sooner or later. His gang had already attacked ASZ twice before they ever heard of Negan -- first, the ambush of Darryl on his motorcyce, Sasha and Abraham in the car; second, the second gang's attack on all three of them in "Paddy". Then Dwight and his gang captured Eugene and killed Denise. After Carol absconded, Negan's gang attacked her and their remarks to her made it clear ASZ was in their gunsights.

Rick's attack on Negan's radar facility had nothing to do with what happened to them in the RV. Now, do I think Rick was arrogant had and stupid for bragging during this effort to get to Hilltop? Yes. Do I think it had anything to do with the pre-orchestrated, coordinated attack on the RV? Not a chance.

The only logical explanation for Negan's choreographed capture of the RV was an insider traitor who told someone in Negan's group what was going down and when. Who was it? Spencer? Enid? Father Gabriel? Someone else? I think we will find out who it was in S7 and that it will be a real shocker.

The possible existence of a traitor does not excuse Rick's cavalier, arrogant, irresponsible and negligent carrying out of the mission to get medical help for Maggie's stomach pains. Who knows -- maybe all it was was the extreme stomach cramps associated with the constipation of pregnancy -- after all, she hasn't miscarried yet. Yet, Rick let EVERY skilled fighter get on the RV and left his baby daughter's safekeeping in the hands of a priest who just a couple of months ago was vomiting over his own cowardice.

Not a good story. My vote is on Spencer as the traitor -- because in the previews he is saying "maybe we should have made a deal when we could have", but Negan's guys don't make deals.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

No traitor. It's as you said. They were already watching them. UNLESS, you want to call Daryl the traitor. Because he told Dwight about Alexandria. I don't think he gave a name, but did give the general location.

4. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I am definitely not calling Darryl a traitor. NEVER would Darryl be a traitor. But -when Maggie's stomach cramps were so sudden and out-of-the-blue -- how did Negan have time to round up what seemed like over 100 Neganites, to string together walkers, to block every road to Hilltop? How did they know that ASZ's RV would be headed along those routes in time for their orchestrated little dramas at each "intersection"? And did somebody poison Maggie (who hasn't miscarried yet but looked sick as hell, just like a food poisoning victim would appear?)

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Because, it's tv, and we are not suppose to notice little things like that.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any traitor. While it is a logical way to explain the orchestration of Negan's roadblocks, I don't think it would really be logical for any of the known characters to actually go to Negan's group and give them intel, putting the entire community in danger.

While I agree it would be technically more difficult to pull off, I think what we are meant to believe is that they just staked out ASZ, waiting for a sizable group to leave, and had scouts with walkie talkies stationed at key intersections so they could alert others of the RV's path. They knew that ASZ and Hilltop were friends, so they knew it was only a short matter of time before a trip to Hilltop was made, regardless of any traitor having to tip them off about it.

I think Maggie is just having some typical pregnancy complication that will be easily remedied by Dr. Carson, and is just a plot point to get Maggie to Hilltop.

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I've noted before the the number of Saviors at each stop kept growing during the day. It's my supposition that the Saviors had a lookout in front of the ASZ that monitored the exit of the RV and called for reinforcements.

Either that, or Enid is a Romulan.

8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

There was discussion last spring about the believability of the Saviors being able to pull that off. With the exception of the walker red rover chain and the log pyramid ( cool, but somewhat hard to believe), I had no problem with this. I guess if you're not familiar with very rural areas, it would seem difficult.

As teenagers, we spent many a bored winter weekend playing cat and mouse out in the country. If you know the area, or have a map, it's pretty easy. If you have the kind of numbers Negan has, super easy. The Saviors Carol met on the road knew where Alexandria was, even how far they were from it, and also knew they had spiked cars like the one she was driving out front, so it makes sense that they had been staking the place out and just waiting for the right moment, rather than being tipped off by a traitor. Even if they hadn't left Alexandria because of Maggie, Negan still has 4 of their people, so this whole plan could have been born from an idea to use them as bait to lure them into the same scenario.

9. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

[MENTION=89751]calliope[/MENTION] - I really liked your breakdown of each other characters emotional reactions or what may be in store for them after Season 7 premiere. It was very well thought out. Good point about Rick doubting himself--more than anyone else doubting him. Daryl's part in it, Michonne just going along with when she usually challenges Rick...Maggie's situation...the way everyone teamed up to help...

That's true about Morgan. I keep wondering what will Morgan's, Carol's, Tara's, Heath's, Spencer's, and Father Gabriel's response will be when they're told what's happened to one of them in the group...

10. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

This is an interesting topic, and a tough one! It's easy to say that because of the situation they're in, YES he was wrong. But then you can look at the potential threat the Saviors are to the group and how Rick and the group have persevered and beaten people before in the name of "the greater good", then NO he wasn't wrong. I do think that it's obvious the Saviors knew about ASZ, and would've been knocking on the gate in a matter of time, so they would've had to deal with them eventually. I think they gave a good effort, learned some things about the Saviors (albeit a hard-learned lesson), and did take out a lot of people that would otherwise still be alive to fight on Negan's behalf. I think it showed Negan, for the first time, that he isn't the only true "alpha male" out there, since Rick and Alexandria didn't roll over and concede to Negan's demands. They did show that they are the ones that will be the proverbial thorn in Negan's side. Either way, we knew one way or another this was coming, it just sucks that Negan is more pissed off than he usually is when he does this, thus fueling certain spoilers.

11. Jay Bonansinga

Well that was embarrassing.

Thank You~A Blushing Jay

12. Jay Bonansinga

Or a Borg

13. MrBuckness

MrBuckness New Member

in terms of politics i dont think it was right for rick to just go stealth rambo especially with such ignorance of who and what the saviors are. they shouldve at least attempted a conference first. Rick had allowed his head to get too big and thought they were unstoppable. he shouldve asked more questions before making such a huge decision to provoke a group they only had one bit of recon on before he decided to go hunting for humans. it was foolish in the new world to do what he did. he was also attempting to do so to benefit his group so he really shouldve thought it through and understood that he couldnt have the most powerful group in that new world

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I hope we find out how she got out of that closet. Forget the Lucille victim, this is more important.