Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was this episode FTWD's "Still"?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Close Your Eyes' started by Chr1s, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Sort of has that feel to it. Still was a mixed episode because it was a bottle focusing on just Daryl and Beth. As the seasons went on I think a lot of people look back at that episode and see it in a better light. Because of the impact the events of that episode had on Daryl. So we look back and see some interesting things happened in that episode that we didn't understand at the time.

I wonder if the same thing doesn't happen with this episode, as the relationship between Charlie and Alicia is further explored. That's the one take away I have with this episode. Can Alicia accept Charlie and protect her as a way of honoring her Mother and trying to be the woman Madison wanted her to be....all the while never forgiving Charlie for what she did? That's an interesting dynamic that I hope they explore further.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Nah, Still was garbage. This was just okay.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I like to see all our characters in each episode but I gotta admit, this was a nice episode between Alicia and Charlie. Guessing this ep will help bring Alicia back from her darkness?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of bottle episodes myself. Even Still, when I first watched it bored me....and I was/am a huge Daryl fan. It wasn't until after Beth died and they arrived at Alexandria that I appreciated that episode. How it really explains a lot of what Daryl is going through.

That's what makes me wonder about this episode, if their relationship is really explored, I wonder if I won't look back on this one and appreciate it more.

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It feels like they will grow some kind of surrogate relationship, Like Big sister - Little Sister. Alicia will accept Charlie being abused as a child by the Vultures and see her loss as similar to her own and Charlie will see Alicia for what she is and help be an anchor for her to stay focused on not growing those dark emotions again.