Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Was this one of the saddest episodes?

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by tallahasseehero, Nov 5, 2013.

1. tallahasseehero

To me this was definitely one of the saddest episodes. It didn't hit me at first, but then looking back to Carol and Rick talking about their families while collecting fruit was really sad. Rick also saved Carol from injury and maybe even death when that zombie fell down the stairs. When Rick was telling Carol she would survive on her own it seemed like he was trying to convince himself as much as her because he did not want her to die. I couldn't help but think back to the scene in the prison (season 3) when Daryl rescued Carol and Rick gave her a big hug because he thought she had died.

Carol has been with Rick since the beginning, so it must have felt like he was sending away a family member?

To me this was probably the saddest episode where an important character did not die, and probably one of the top five saddest episodes of the show.

What do you think?

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Clear was very sad and dark, much more than this past episode. Seeing the pain in Morgan and how he explained how he kept radioing Rick but he never answered. Then the brutality of the ZA was brought home with the backpack scene at the end.

4. tallahasseehero

You are right, I forgot about that episode. I would say that may be sadder than this episode, but I still found this one to be very sad.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

There have been sadder episodes, but yes, seeing Carol being left behind was very sad to watch.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Clear is one of my favorite episodes, but I think this episode is more sad. It even has a sad song at the end. :(

7. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

I was sad by the end of the episode, yes.

8. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

It was very sad, partly b/c it was so unexpected (to me) that Rick cut Carol loose.
    My other sad ones would be Clear, Killer Within, This Sorrowful Life, Better Angels...Infected is up there too.

9. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Killer whittin is still the saddest episode so far. This one wasn't that sad. Maybe becauss I dislike Carol.

10. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I didn't think it was sad at all, she'll be back anyway.

11. Rezo

Rezo Member

Pretty much dead already is the saddest imo ... but this one was pretty sad too! Especially the part where Carol speaks of the abuse she suffered ...

12. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Nah, I wasn't sad. The saddest and best ep for me was "Pretty Much Dead Already" Not only for the obvious Sophia thing but because the whole situation was messed up!

*shane getting Hershels barn walkers/relatives killed so Rick had to make a point and kill Sophia
    * the fact they were probs going to get kicked off the farm because of what Shane did even though Lori was preggers
    *Hershel having to come to terms with his relatives being undead and not just "sick"
    *Maggie in tears giving the okay for Glenn to shoot at her step mom etc.
    *Glenn having to step up but asking Maggie first was sad/cute
    *Poor old Dale making it there late cos he was so old and stuff and being threatened by Shane :(
    *Lori telling Shane even if the baby is his, it's not - and having him go more insane etc.

That ep had everything. This one just had Rick clumsily and rushedly turfing Carol out for the SAME REASON she killed in the first place, to protect the group.

GRRRR! Angst!

13. joshred4

joshred4 Member

It was sad, but after what she did, I really don't care for Carol anymore. I really didn't like her character that much before, but now I certainly don't. It really wasn't that hard to see her go, at least for me anyway. And I'm sure the show will continue to follow Carol.

The saddest part was Rick talking about normal life with Lori and Carl.

14. Blu

Blu New Member

One of the saddest I guess, but This Sorrowful Life wins. Probably because Merle was already one of my two favorite characters before he passed.

15. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

I felt sad when Andrea went, that was a hard thing for Michonne to have to do.
    I know many didn't like Andrea, and at times she was pig headed but she tried to unite Ricks group and the governors group. She was naive but an optimist.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I thought it was one of the awesomest, I loved it, I want MOAR!

17. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

The end was kinda sad... watching Carol in tears. We heard the song again that was used in trailer (only a different version) in the end of episode which was great. And you could see in Rick's eyes that he wasn't happy at all when he made that decision.

18. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

In my opinion it was up there with 1x04, 3x04, 3x15 and 3x16.
    Watching Carol tear up as she realises she's losing everything she's worked to protect was just heartbreaking as a Viewer. we've known These characters for three to four years now and watching something like this is never easy.
    The woman now has nothing, No daughter, no husband and no friends she's lost everything yet again

#18 TGO, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  19. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Episode 2 Infected was a hell of a lot more sadder than this one.

20. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

Not really, I never liked the character much anyway even when I could tolerate her. The deaths of Dale, Lori, Merle and Andrea were much sadder.