Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wascally Strand!!

Discussion in 'Episode 202 - We All Fall Down' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What exactly is that wascally wabbit up too??? ;).

2. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

At first I thought my mind skipped a beat when he was talking on a phone. I thought it was a flashback to him in a restaurant.

Also, how did he ever end up in that military lock-up in the first place?

3. Neuropyramidal

I have a feeling we'll find out in due time. ;)

He's got shady dealings that he is hiding from the rest of the group, but my opinion is that in the end, he won't dick over the group. I wouldn't be surprised if his plans turn out to be something Daniel is the first to agree with.

4. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I'm not surprised his real plan wasn't SD but why was he upset on the news it wasn't there anymore? Salesmanship?

5. Aztecia

Aztecia Member

It's all very suspicious. Maybe he's working for the Walkers!

....I don't even know.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I guess the Cell Network and Sat. System are still working even though they are baking the entire human population too?

This is just one stupid start to the season.

7. Roamers

Roamers Member

A drug smuggler is my guess. He still talks about wealth even know it is not important anymore.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Since season one where we see "his" house and boat for the first time I have had my doubts as to whether Strand is the actual owner of both. Now in season 2 that thought went by the wayside until last nights episode. When Daniel points out to Strand that he (Strand) says "a 10 mil dollar yacht" rather than "my 10 mil dollar yacht". So now I am back to thinking that Mr. Strand is actually working for the owner of these particular properties - that it is Strand's task to get the Abigail back to the actual owner (who is more than likely a drug runner or some other nefarious business dealer).

I do like the air of mystery surrounding Strand.

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My guess about Strand's background is that he was a drug addict himself (and that is why he sees himself in Nick and so he takes a special interest in him and knows Nick is a survivor just like himself) and he is somehow connected with the drug business. He might not be a drug dealer or works for a drug lord. Maybe he gets immunity by working for the DEA to trade info of the drug lord? Maybe he is an undercover agent? Abigail is the boat owned by DEA that he uses to setup a wealthy front to fool the drug lords? I must be guessing too much of his background...lol

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Strand is definitely one shady dude... He is Not the owner of that yacht.. He wont say what his true intentions are and we know he has plans to meet someone else or a group of shady people in Mexico. What is the deal?

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

One thing for sure. He knows that boat.
    I'm thinking he was the one to haul it back and forth.

12. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

I think we're being set up to think he's a bad guy, when in actuality he's a good guy.

#12 Reflexx, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I love how Salazar is so suspicious of Strand and is literally watching every move Strand makes.. Strand seems to be getting annoyed with Salazar hanging all over him but Salazar don't care.. Very interesting relationship developing between Strand and Salazar.. They are either going to become a dynamic duo or they are going to try to kill each other.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

It's pretty clear he's working with Enid as a spy.

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Not sure who caught it but Strand was hustling when he and Nick were caged up at the military camp back in LA. That's not a good thing, someone who knows how to hustle isn't the most honest person on the face of the planet.

I like the drug runner theory, or that he's a caretaker for a less-than-legal-income owner.

16. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

The two visible maps that we could see had sticky notes. Both maps had sticky's for lat/long of different Mexican naval stations. But there was also a sticky that said Coast Guard with a question mark.

Strand grabbed a post card for Catalina Island which we can see when he is talking on the phone. Salazar pulls out a stack of something in that hidden cache and they sure look like a bunch of post cards.

Strand is familiar with various islands in the area and how he can hide out to avoid radar detection.

So my conclusion is that he is a smuggler of some sort between Mexico and the US and the two most likely scenarios are either smuggling drugs or people. That accounts for his wealth or at least his connection to someone else's wealth. He regularly has to hide out on various islands to avoid detection and he grabs a post card each time and stores them as a keepsake. Heading to San Diego was just a ruse to head to some meeting place in Mexico.

I think there is a possibility that Strand is acting out of duress. In the finale he grabs a picture off a shelf and looks at it hard while he is packing up. It definitely looks like he lives alone. So either this is a picture of some one he lost or, more likely, it is someone he is trying to get back to. His connections in Mexico might be holding his love interest or his child hostage until he returns the boat, or maybe some other possession.

#16 Adam Poole, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  17. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

The Strand Salazer relationship is the most interesting thing about this show so far, which for a show about the zombie apocalypse that's into it's second season, may or may not be a good thing.
    It's time the show picked up the pace a little bit.
    Doesn't need to be break neck speed, but a little better pacing would be good.

18. Neuropyramidal

Its been pretty good pacing this season. We've left mainland, gotten pursued by unknown pirates, docked on an island, met a family, and then left that family behind, with half of them dead, all in 2 episodes. I'm not sure I'd want to go much faster than that.

19. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Its amazing how when you put it on paper like that it should be interesting but despite that, so far it's been two almost completely boring episodes with nothing ACTUALLY happening.
    Sure they've been chased by pirates, but thus far, that's been a big nothing.
    The island? Nothing interesting happened.
    Leaving shore? Still nothing of interest happened apart from Salazar having Strand's number.
    I'm wanting to like this show, but it's not easy with these bland characters and lack of substance.

20. Neuropyramidal

You keep just saying 'nothing happened', but that doesn't change the fact that things actually happened.