Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Watchathon 2019

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Lindigo, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

It has begun! :)

I want to know what you guys are watching and what new shows you recommend.

I'm checking out the Acorn network, which I think is entirely British fare. For fans of the Doc Martin tv series, it was supposed to end with the baby-snatching episode, but I think there is a new season. Either it is already here or it is being filmed in 2019. I haven't looked for the new season yet.

But there are two prequel movies, and I watched both of them on Acorn. They show up in the first list, I think. Easy to find.

Doc Martin was based on a character Martin Clunes played in a British movie called Saving Grace (not related to our Saving Grace tv series). They spun him out in two prequel movies from Saving Grace. The first prequel movie is called Doc Martin. Probably it originally had a different name because at that time his name was Doc Bramford. Second prequel movie is Doc Martin and the Cloutie. There was supposed to be a third movie, but the production company went out of business, so the Doc was sold to someone else who decided to do a series instead of a third movie. At that point he became Dr. Martin Ellingham and his personality became what we know him as now.

In the movies, the Doc is vastly different and still delightful to watch.