Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WATCHATHON! Whatcha watchin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, May 11, 2020.

1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I watch lots of stuff. I watch that Zoey thing so that the gf's happy (she's seen it already, wanted me to watch it). Can't say I like it...

Mostly, these days I watch:

Living Single - bought season 1, downloaded the rest (if you like Friends)
    Life After Death - Netflix
    Upload - Prime
    The Last Dance - Netflix
    Lots of cheap horror films on Tubi

Best thing I've watched all year:

Too Old to Die Young - Prime

• Like Like x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Sounds like you scored some points with your gf by watching Zoey. Maybe it's a girl thing, lol. Was she interested in the music or the romance? If it was the romance watch Modern Love on Prime. She might like that.
    BTW, is gf team Max or team Simon?

3. NakedCity

I think she's with Max. She loved it because it reminds her of the passing of her dad. The scene when they learn the meds are not stopping the disease anymore is pretty much exactly something she went through.

4. purriwinkle

Yeah. That hit a chord with a lot of us who have lost parents. They did the whole home hospice thing very well. Peter Gallagher also did an excellent job in the role of Mitch. It was sad to watch but I thought the cast and writers told the story beautifully.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This is an excellent interview, but don't read if you don't want any discussion of what could happen in a Season Two.

DEADLINE: How did your finale for Season 1 come together?

AUSTIN WINSBERG: I always knew that Mitch’s death was going to be a part of the ending of Season 1. Initially, I thought it could happen in Episode 11, and then Episode 12 would be dealing with the aftermath, playing more into the love triangle and some of the dynamics at work. The more that we started working on Episodes 10, 11 and 12, the more I felt like it was really hard to go past Mitch dying. It was really hard to do something light and romantic comedy, or love triangle-y, in the wake of death, so we decided to push Mitch’s passing into Episode 12.

Then, this whole season, everything that happens in the family and with Mitch is based on what happened with my own dad. Literally, to an episode, every story that happens in the family is something that happened in our own house. The day that my father passed away, a hospice worker came to our house at 4 o’clock in the afternoon and said, “Your father’s going to die today.” Then, they left, and we were left to our own devices, trying to figure out what to do. For the next eight hours, friends and family members came over to say their last goodbyes. It was kind of this living vigil that we were doing in the house.

So, I’d always pictured doing an entire episode that took place over this vigil time, where the family was there, and friends were coming by, and we were just experiencing it, almost in pseudo-real time with the family. But as we started breaking that as an entire episode, it felt so tonally different than the rest of the show. It just felt really, really sad and depressing, and I think that Zoey’s fires best on all cylinders when it’s a combination of comedic and romantic, and emotional and musical, and all of those things.

So, instead of making that time in the house the entire episode, we decided that it would be better to make the first half feel more like a regular episode, where we’re digging a little further into the love triangle, we’re opening up a new door for work opportunity in Season 2—especially for Lauren Graham—and then to have the moment come where we realize, okay, this is the end.

Then, the other big thing was “American Pie,” and trying to figure out where we should put that. Originally, that was going to be Act 4—then, Act 5—and then we ended up making it Act 6, to feel like a big musical finale for the season.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/zoeys-...winsberg-interview-season-2-plans-1202921434/

• Like Like x 1
  6. NakedCity

Well I was wrong, she's with Simon. I asked her yesterday when we got to it. I'm still not too fond of the show, but after discussion, I'll say I'd go with Simon too.

My gf thinks Max is a whining softy. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. purriwinkle

ACK! Lol! That's interesting. You thought she'd be team Max. Is that because if say, Zoey was your sister you would have liked to see her end up with Max? Not that you care so much but you assumed that was gf's choice too. Aren't you glad you talked?

Here's my case for Max. Simon’s an emotional cheater and maybe physical too if Zoey had allowed it. I mean he was actually engaged to be married to his girlfriend. Z/S need to explore if they have more than the shared experience of grief. Max really loves her but they have the maybe complicated move from best friend to lover. Come to think of it, do Zoey or Simon ever sing heart songs to each other about love? I don't think either one did.

Not that I don’t like Simon. Both guys are nice which makes it hard to decide which man Zoey feels will be the best match for her in the long run. Season two will be fun.

Hmmm......

or

8. purriwinkle

Nice article. Not spoilery at all! Everyone who was watching are asking the same things. Did you see this?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have been watching a couple of related series on YouTube this week....

Biographics - 18-20 minute documentary style videos all hosted by the same guy. Ranges from the obvious titles of Hitler, Roosevelt, Van Gogh to the lesser known likes of Nancy Wake, Eugene Vidocq
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnDI2sdehVm1zm_LmUHsjQ

There is also a 'sister' channel called Geographics. I have not yet watched more than one video from this channel but it was VERY interesting. And quite frankly rather disturbing. It was titled "Nazinsky - Stalin's Cannibal Island'
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHKRfxkMTqiiv4pF99qGKIw

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

.......and British panel shows. I cannot get enough of those!!

QI
    8 out of 10 cats
    Would I Lie to You
    Taskmaster - not really a panel show but HILARIOUS in any case

OH and Joe Lycet's Got Your Back

I swear I need to move across the pond!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindigo

No! That was great. Now i need to rewatch the entire season. :) I still have no idea who Stephanie is on the show. lol I guess I will have to Google her. I kept waiting for everyone to get a first question so I could place them. Well, not everyone, but probably more than half. lol

Edit: Oh! The barrista! Xoey booting Max over to someone else was the most inexplicable thing to me. I need to stop projecting into her, I guess. lol

#31 Lindigo, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  12. Lindigo

Just reading comments during the intro was enough to make me run for the exit. Oh dear God.

(Simon comes up with so many good ideas for channels.)

13. purriwinkle

For those of you who are missing Vikings, I just got done binge watching the Last Kingdom starring Alexander Dreymond as Uhtred , a Saxon boy raised by Danes after they kill his family.

A familiar story told through a different lens with a different twist. We have a very seriously good looking young actor who turns in a wonderful performance of a man who has a foot in two worlds, not entirely belonging to either. His trials and tribulations as he seeks his way through an England in battle with Danish Vikings who seek to invade their country. His relationship with Alfred and later with Alfred’s children. His friends he makes along the way, and his loves.

It’s a violent, sexy and heart warming story all at the same time, but I have to say I was buying everything this show was selling. It’s on Netflix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#33 purriwinkle, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm watching The Office again.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm rewatching the first 2 seasons of Dark before S3 releases on June 27th. This is a delightfully complicated Twin Peak-esque show about crazy on-goings in a small town in Germany. Its German, but you can choose subtitles vs. dubbing. I actually chose dubbing because the show has such detail that you need to pay attention to, I don't want to miss things going on in the background while I'm trying to read.

If you've been thinking of watching this, now is the time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lindigo

@Dnae, Your DVR is probably watching out for you, but, YAY, tomorrow is a binge-athon of all N0S4A2 episodes, with bonus background info. Twenty minutes of bonus for the first episode; I didn't check the others for running times. Binge-athon starts at 8:00 a.m. (Fine. It says 7:59, but they just do that to annoy me.)

For anyone else who longs for 4-star episodic TV in the summer/COVID doldrums, :):):):), here is your glorious find!! AMC

17. purriwinkle

Looks good. I'll have to catch up.

18. Lindigo

YAY! I did good in the world today. lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I'm on a Vampire Diaries binge right now. I watched The Originals, which was great. My nephew told me I did it wrong, that I needed to watch The Vampire Diaries first lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. johnnyy

johnnyy New Member

I watch Stranger Things on Netflix and I like it! I use netflix unblock vpn to watch my fav shows from any corner of the globe. So convy. Plus it gives me access to the blocked content, can't imagine my life without US Netflix anymore.

#40 johnnyy, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2