Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WATCHATHON! Whatcha watchin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, May 11, 2020.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

If you want a more in depth discussion, there’s a Stranger Things thread in television shows. I’ve not seen it my self but I’ve heard good things.

2. purriwinkle

Caught up with Lucifer on Netflix. So glad they picked it up after FOX dropped it. So much fun!

• Like Like x 1
  3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

This is on my list - since you and I enjoy the same type of shows I'm glad to hear you liked it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. southernlady

So I’m watching Freud on Netflix. It’s rather dark, but so far I’m enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Now I'll have to check it out.

I just finished watching episodes 1 and 2 of The Mandalorian season 2. Such a great series.

• Like Like x 1
  6. southernlady

Must add to my list!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. shortpaul

shortpaul Member

I've watched Middleditch and Schwartz for the 20th time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. johnnyy

johnnyy New Member

Watching The Punisher. Only a couple of episodes in, but enjoying it. Plus I found netflix unblock service so now I can watch my fav shows from everywhere without restrictions. So cool. It's a must have tool these days.

#48 johnnyy, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. purriwinkle

Watching The Outpost and The Expanse with the Mr. Have also watched a couple of interesting movies on Amazon Prime, The Dressmaker and Tucker and Dale vs Evil which was actually pretty funny gore and all.

10. southernlady

Binged on Bridgerton - loved it!!

11. purriwinkle

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve watched the first three episodes and I love it too! BTW, so far, the Duke is a dumbass. He better straighten out by the end of the show, lol.

12. southernlady

I wish the books were available through my library, I think I’d like to read them!

13. purriwinkle

Just finished the season and I almost fell out of my chair when it was revealed who Lady Whistledown was! I never suspected a thing, lol. Some sleuth I’d make, o_O. At least the Duke came around!

If this is to be a continuing series, I think we should next follow eldest Bridgerton boy, Anthony, as he looks for a wife. Since he’s sworn off love it should be good.

Are you sure Julia Quinn’s books aren’t in your library? I’d like to check them out myself. I know they can be purchased.

#53 purriwinkle, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  14. southernlady

Right?!!!! I did not see that one coming but will admit that I loved it!

I am so crushing on the Duke. Was so happy when he finally came around :)

I will check again on the novels - I'd really like to read them, especially before the next season.

15. southernlady

I just looked again and nope, my library does not have them :(

16. purriwinkle

First off, IMO, “male rape scene” is a misnomer, if we’re talking about the scene where Daphne attempts to gets pregnant by taking the top position so the Duke can’t pull out.

This is a period piece. There is no concept of marital refusal when it comes to sex in the early 1800s. The sex was consensual and Simon was enjoying the act until he realized he was going to release in his wife. He was a big man. Don’t tell he couldn’t have thrown her off last minute if he had wanted to but hey....the torpedos had already been launched, ;).

There was a lot of miscommunication, as to whether Simon couldn’t have children OR didn’t want children that he didn’t discuss with Daphne. He was relying on her innocence and inexperience to perpetrate a fraud and she was forced into the “position” (pun intended, lol) of discovering the truth of the matter in the only way she knew how.

Of course, as we saw, once they talked it out and she discovered the reason behind his reluctance they got the happy ending they and the viewers deserved.

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Am rewatching Breaking Bad. Man, that's a good show!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. purriwinkle

Just heard on Hoda & Jenna that Bridgerton is getting a season two and yes! It’s going to focus on eldest son Anthony finding love! Can’t wait!

19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

^^^One of the all-time best. The G.O.A.T. imo.

I'm powering through The Handmaid's Tale right now. Very good show.

The only thing I'm struggling to wrap my brain around, is how they they were able to topple the US in such a short period of time AND then organize a ultra-structured society that is centered upon very oppressively strict traditional values and customs that everyone just seems to be fluent with. All of the decorum with how they interact with one another, their dogma, their social practices, etc. It would be impossible for all of those pieces to fall into place after 2 years. After a large scale civil war that 330 million people were caught in the middle of.

Regardless of that, it's a great story. I've ordered the book with the hope of gaining some additional insight.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I think it had to do with martial law being declared. Executive orders suspending peoples rights and rich “buying” influence. They “reassigned” children to approved families who “needed” them. Oppressed the poor, indoctrinated the children and used military power to suppress dissent. They hadn’t really won yet. They were still in the middle of fighting it. Other Nations had no idea the handmaids were not volunteers. So it seems there was a lot of media suppression.

• Like Like x 1